PDA

View Full Version : yfz overheating

hanson1
01-06-2011, 08:29 PM
my bike keeps overheating and has never before, we did a kick start conversion on it with a battery pack to run the fan well for a couple of races it kept frying battery packs so for the last race we pulled the fan, ran fine as long as your pumping the air through when hauling *** once you slow down itl overheat any sujestions
jetting is perfect its not running lean was thinking maybe the head gasket but no water in the oil at all

standardryder
01-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Try engine ice and maybe a few "in line" coolers. If that doesn't work go with an over sized radiator. I use all three and don't have any over heating issues.

Hooligan
01-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Engine ice and make sure your radiator isn't getting too clogged up. You can cover the front of the radiator with a pair of panty hose things, I've heard of pros doing it but haven't tried it yet.

Why was it frying batteries? You can run a fan without the battery I think, just plug it to the stator with or without a toggle switch.

standardryder
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Hooligan
Why was it frying batteries? You can run a fan without the battery I think, just plug it to the stator with or without a toggle switch.

The fan draws too much current, it will cause your bike to misfire when it kicks on.

Hooligan
01-08-2011, 09:17 AM
I thought there was a special rectifier for that? Eh, guess I really don't know...I kept all my electric and just use the kicker for backup lol

hanson1
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
i run engine ice in all my bikes, as for the battery pack ya thats whats happening the company that dfr used to get them from changed the design i guess from what they used to use so we have to come up with new plan for that, going to pull it apart and see if its the head gasket

ds19
02-11-2011, 07:59 AM
If I were you I would just out the fan back on. That will solve all your problems!