PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 for A1

TNRHINO
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I think this will be a great supercross season. There is the usual Stewart, Dungey, Villopoto , and Reed. I think Canard will be in the mix also. Here is my top 5 finish for A1.

1) JS
2) RD
3) RV
4) TC
5) CR

I am in no way a Stewart fan by no means. I feel that he has alot trash talk to put to rest. Please do not make this a bashing thread. Just list your top 5 finsh for A1. Thanks.

440racer66
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
1 js
2 rv
3 rd

trompen542
01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
rd,tc,rv,js,cr

jrspawn
01-06-2011, 02:01 PM
CR
RV
TC
KW
BM/AS

eastside 400
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
dungey, villopoto, reed, stewart, windham

just sucks that dungey and bubba are in there, hopefully bubba will scrub into dungey and take them both out for the season

SRH
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
how i would like to see them is

js
vp
windham
grant
reed

what i think you will see is

vp
js
canard
reed
grant

i think js and vp are going to be much faster than the rest of the field but luck, and wanting to ride smart may put them out of putting down blistering laps and battling, i dont think the fastest rider this season will show himself til midway point

i also think dungey will crack under having to go up against vp js and all the new hype

SRH
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAa6cvMudFA&feature=player_embedded#at=187

stewart , reed, vp are all looking fast

m0t0xk1d
01-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Stewart
villipoto
pourcel
canard
dungery

Hondamaster5505
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Wow, I would have never saw that coming.

Looks like Reedy ditched all the main manufacturers and created his own racing team, on a Privateer Honda.

Interesting read-

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1011_chad_reed_race_honda_2011_ama_supercross_ championship/index.html

SRH
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
Stewart
villipoto
pourcel
canard
dungery

come on now, pourcel isnt even racing supercross

when your greedy, have health problems the factories will just take a cheaper rider...now weimer is hurt and kawi wouldnt even offer pourcel a fill in position

m0t0xk1d
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
oh my bad, i didnt know. But you know that if he was there, he would be in the top 3. he was running faster than alot of the 450s at alot of tracks. he is a very good rider and deserves a ride

But Stewart will win.

SRH
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM
oh my bad, i didnt know. But you know that if he was there, he would be in the top 3. he was running faster than alot of the 450s at alot of tracks. he is a very good rider and deserves a ride

But Stewart will win.

yeah it sucks, i was really hoping to watch him on the 450, sx is his thing to but hes aiming for mx....the french are weird

m0t0xk1d
01-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Stewart was by far the fastest rider out there tnight. stewart is back boys and faster than ever. he will see another championship this year

rubbersdown
01-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Stewart was by far the fastest rider out there tnight. stewart is back boys and faster than ever. he will see another championship this year

I dont think he will. Im sure he will be up there but I dont think he will win. I think rv or rd is going to take it. Js had NO fluid or rhythm in A1, he was all over the place and not the fastest at all. Both rv and rd were turning 58.8 lap times and I dont think stewert ever made it out of the mid 59's.

mxpimp2000
01-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by rubbersdown
I dont think he will. Im sure he will be up there but I dont think he will win. I think rv or rd is going to take it. Js had NO fluid or rhythm in A1, he was all over the place and not the fastest at all. Both rv and rd were turning 58.8 lap times and I dont think stewert ever made it out of the mid 59's.

stewart was FAST he made it into the 57's fastest guy all day

FHKracingZ
01-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Stewart was the fastest out there tonight and that was apparent. Dungey and villo would have ridden on the edge to come through the pack like stewart had to. Gonna be a good year, impressive ride by hansen also!

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Guys, if you were listening to the announcers, supposedly Reedy actually made the fastest lap of the night.

m0t0xk1d
01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
mid 59s? are you kidding me? rd and rv were running 58.8 consistently while Stewart ran 58 flats and high 57s. You guys are all just mad that stewart came back and is still the fastest guy out there.

Ruby Soho
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
dungey ftw

SRH
01-09-2011, 11:11 AM

lol stewart was by far the fastest he was 58 flat consistently in the main and rc even commented how smooth james was

stop hating he was the fastest guy of the night by far hes back, if he stays healthy and no dnfs he should get the championship villopoto is only going to get faster it should be a good season, i think dungey will fold under the pressure

my predictions were pretty damn close if i threw dungey in, i was a bit dissappointed with reed

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
dungey ftw

x2

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
One thing I noticed about Dungey, is he is not a tight track person.

Tracks like A1 that don't flow very well, or have good rhythm, hold him back. When he gets on a smooth flowing track and gets in his groove, he flat out hauls.

SRH
01-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
One thing I noticed about Dungey, is he is not a tight track person.

Tracks like A1 that don't flow very well, or have good rhythm, hold him back. When he gets on a smooth flowing track and gets in his groove, he flat out hauls.

hows everyone forget villopoto beating him 6 races in a row til he broke his leg?

dungey is a contender but i wouldnt say he hauls in comparison to the rest of the field

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hows everyone forget villopoto beating him 6 races in a row til he broke his leg?

dungey is a contender but i wouldnt say he hauls in comparison to the rest of the field

Don't get me wrong, Villopotos one of my favorite riders too. I hated last season, because when those two were battling it out, It was hard for me to pick one to want to win. haha

rubbersdown
01-09-2011, 03:23 PM
eh, musta missed final times. how you guys think the random french dude is gunna do next week racing the 2 stroke in phx? my guess is not that well lol

SRH
01-09-2011, 03:36 PM
eh, musta missed final times. how you guys think the random french dude is gunna do next week racing the 2 stroke in phx? my guess is not that well lol

i think you been watching a diff series weirdo

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SRH

He's not a weirdo-

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2011/01/cedric-soubeyras-coming-to-ama-supercross/

SRH
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
He's not a weirdo-

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2011/01/cedric-soubeyras-coming-to-ama-supercross/

i apologize, i dont think that guys on too many ppls radar

madskrillz2
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Love how the Stewart haters are back in full swing. Hopefully he manages to not take himself out this year and show everyone why he's the best. It's gonna come down to him and Villopoto. This is how I see it
Stewart
Villopoto
Dungey
Canard
Windham

Hondamaster5505
01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i apologize, i dont think that guys on too many ppls radar

haha, when he first made that post I was thinking, "what? this guy must be crazy"

So I googled "2011 supercross 2-stroke" and what do ya know, he wasn't kidding.

m0t0xk1d
01-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Love how the Stewart haters are back in full swing. Hopefully he manages to not take himself out this year and show everyone why he's the best. It's gonna come down to him and Villopoto. This is how I see it
Stewart
Villopoto
Dungey
Canard
Windham

we all know bubba haters are going to hate but when it comes down to it bubba has been the only one to challenge RC. Bubba is the fastest man in supercross right now and he showed it last night. had there been 10 more laps. i wouldnt doubt it if he caught up and won. we all know what bad starts can do to you. take a look at wienen. he has great speed but cant nail his starts so he doesnt win. Bubba usually gets the holeshot, had a bad start thats all.

BTW did anyone see bubbas heat? he caught up to villipoto easy after tedesco tried to take him out and slowed him down. you watch, next week he'll be on that top podium step.

BUBBA IS BACK BOYS AND HES GOING TO WIN IT.

rubbersdown
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SRH

slow your roll their buddy. Every other forum im on like TT and 2tMC are blown up with talk of this guy riding a 2 stroke this series. Figured anyone posting in this thread rides dirt bikes and follows the sx series and would know all about it. Hes riding half the season for David vuillimans team on a yz250. Pretty big news on most dirt bike forums.

SRH
01-09-2011, 09:43 PM
haha, when he first made that post I was thinking, "what? this guy must be crazy"

So I googled "2011 supercross 2-stroke" and what do ya know, he wasn't kidding.

yeah i was like wtf 2 stroke? whats next wooden motorcycles

SRH
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
slow your roll their buddy. Every other forum im on like TT and 2tMC are blown up with talk of this guy riding a 2 stroke this series. Figured anyone posting in this thread rides dirt bikes and follows the sx series and would know all about it. Hes riding half the season for David vuillimans team on a yz250. Pretty big news on most dirt bike forums.

oh come on, ive read nothing about it on transworld or racer x, the guy probably wont even qualify

SRH
01-09-2011, 09:51 PM
we all know bubba haters are going to hate but when it comes down to it bubba has been the only one to challenge RC. Bubba is the fastest man in supercross right now and he showed it last night. had there been 10 more laps. i wouldnt doubt it if he caught up and won. we all know what bad starts can do to you. take a look at wienen. he has great speed but cant nail his starts so he doesnt win. Bubba usually gets the holeshot, had a bad start thats all.

BTW did anyone see bubbas heat? he caught up to villipoto easy after tedesco tried to take him out and slowed him down. you watch, next week he'll be on that top podium step.

BUBBA IS BACK BOYS AND HES GOING TO WIN IT.

for sure but lap 18 bubba was getting tired but i think 5 more laps there would of been a 3 way battle for the lead, because dungey was catching villopoto

i think first 6 races pending no more scumbag tedesco take outs bubba should have a fairly easy time, then villopoto is going to get even faster i tghink dungey will run pretty consistent, it was great to see bubba riding fast but it didnt have that scary wild feel of him and rc battling

that move tedesco pulled was a real dirtbag move, bubba and him did wreck years ago and bubba broke tedescos wrist but racing accident not intentional crap, tedesco use to be one of my favorites but he showed some character last night

rubbersdown
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by SRH
oh come on, ive read nothing about it on transworld or racer x, the guy probably wont even qualify

haha I doubt he will qualify either, thats why it will be so interesting to watch. Then ill get to bust the balls of all the 2 stroke nazies on TT and listen to them ***** about how its just because the rules are "unfair" and the tracks are too "4 stroke oriented" lol.

Hondamaster5505
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
haha I doubt he will qualify either, thats why it will be so interesting to watch. Then ill get to bust the balls of all the 2 stroke nazies on TT and listen to them ***** about how its just because the rules are "unfair" and the tracks are too "4 stroke oriented" lol.

Wow some of you guys are really underestimating the 2-strokes..

When the 450 bikes first came out, and Windham was riding one, Ricky Carmichael and others who were on 250 2-strokes at the time had no problem beating him.

Skill>bike

Put bubba or one of those guys on a built yz250 and I can guarantee they would still compete well.

SRH
01-10-2011, 02:33 PM

When the 450 bikes first came out, and Windham was riding one, Ricky Carmichael and others who were on 250 2-strokes at the time had no problem beating him.

Skill>bike

Put bubba or one of those guys on a built yz250 and I can guarantee they would still compete well.

yes when track design suited the 2 stroke, times have changed

rubbersdown
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Skill>bike

Its not just because hes on a 2 stroke that I say that.
1. Hes not racing a whole season so the desire to win is lessened by the fact that hes not going to win the series anyway.
2. hes french and the french are known for having much "smaller" 2 stroke friendly sx tracks so he will not be used to an american style track.

jesseweaver
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
all i have to say is watch out for that german kid in a few years. hes flat out fast!

and i cant wait for the rest of the series, the field is so stacked. i just hope everyone stays healthy. im picking villopoto

RATPACK Z400
01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
I think Dungey,Villapoto,Carnard are going to be battling for championship and are the riders of the future ! Stewarts fast but just one injurie away from carreer ending and Reed just does,t have the drive he had !cant wait to see the battles this season IMO it Villopoto,Dungey batling for top spot !

ben300
01-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Skill>bike

ya, thats cause in ricky's prime, he could beat everyone on a ****ing unicycle....

the modern four stroke bikes the top pro's are riding are far superior to the 2strokes of old

RATPACK Z400
01-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Wasn,t Ricky himself saying that a 2-stroke would have problem clearing some of the jumps do to the short take offs ! If someones going to race a 250 then let them they,ll be the one racing in the back of the pack !

TNRHINO
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Ok lets pic top 5 for Phoenix.

1) JS
2) RD
3) TC
4) RV
5) CR

The track tour on another site shows this track to better and more options in the rythm sections this time. I think Stewart pulls off the win but Dungey will be right on his tail. I am going to guess less than 2 seconds between the two. I know lap times were talked about earlier. Stewart had the fastest lap at almost 58:00 flat on lap 11. I think we saw a new Stewart this year kind of going with what RC would always say " you win championships on your bad days".. I feel that he thought he could maybe push it to get Dungey but settled for a safe 3rd and not risk a crash. Oh well this should be a great season bar no one gets hurt...

P.S. I am NOT a Stewart fan but you have to give credit when credit is due...

TNRHINO
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Sorry Stewart had the fastest lap in the main @ 58.006 on lap 11. RV was second with a 58.850 on lap 5.

SRH
01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
james stewart
villopoto
chad reed
dungey
canard

RATPACK Z400
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Dungey,Villopoto,Stewart,Canard,Reed thats my line up ! For Phoenix.

rubbersdown
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Im thinking phoenix will be stewart, dungy, reed, poto, canard

jesseweaver
01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
everythings so up in the air right now. usually you can figure out about where everyones programs at after the first round or so but everyone looked good.

im saying

RV
JS
RD
TC
shorty

everyones gonna have pretty much the same people in the top 5 just different orders so i had to pick a wildcard. i always liked andrew short

ballzdeep38
01-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I was there for A1 and sitting less than 10 rows back from the rythem section. here is my observation on what i saw.

1st - Villo - looked to really be pushing it early in the main in an attempt to check out. he pulled a good lead and settled into a fast smooth pace. impressive ride IMO. Also im not sure if it showed on TV, but it looked like he wasnt trying to hard. Very comfortable ride for him. He is for real and will win more races.

2nd - Dungey - An unimpressive ride IMO. dungey had an OK start and did have to put in some work to get up 2nd. however he got into 2nd with More than enough time to run down #2, he just couldnt do it. alot of people are saying that he was "catching him at the end" and on the surface it was true, but the reality is that this was in the last 2 laps or so. in those last 2 laps #2 had a solid lead and his lap times were slowing down in the last few laps which made it LOOK LIKE dungey was catching him. this would have been a great oppotunity to run down #2 and show that he didnt win the title last year by default (an exageration but i was trying to make a point).

3rd - Most impressive ride of the night. a bad start and alot of work got stewart up 3rd. he was passing people with ease and was setting up the passes very nicely IMO. I think he may have been tiring towards the end a little but im not sure if it was fatigue or if he "settled in for the safe 3rd". he was catching dungey and if there was more laps would have caught and passed dungey IMO. a good solid 1st SX back but i had originally expected him to win it.

4th - canard - had a solid ride. even stewart had a little trouble getting around him. i think he will win a few before the season is over. trey looked fast and is definitely going to have a hand in the outcome of the season.

5th - reed - an unimpressive ride for reed IMO. in the main he also had a bad start and had stewart in front of him for a few laps. instead of running with stewart and working his way through the pack with stewart to get to the front, stewart pulled away. reed eventually passed the same guys as stewart (except canard). Reed also was having trouble in the rythem section for most of the main. Im sure there was some tuning kinks that had to be worked out and the added stress of his own team probably took a bit of a toll as well. im sure he will look better in Pheonix.

As for phoenix:

1: JS
2: RV
3: RD
4: TC
5: CR