PDA

View Full Version : Should i get these?

evan402
01-06-2011, 07:41 AM
http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/2145729352.html

I want some beadlocks. My stock rims are bent to all hell and i need to fill them up before every ride. How hard is it swapping my tires over? Thats the only thing im worried about. They look decent and 200 sounds like a steal

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by evan402
http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/2145729352.html

I want some beadlocks. My stock rims are bent to all hell and i need to fill them up before every ride. How hard is it swapping my tires over? Thats the only thing im worried about. They look decent and 200 sounds like a steal

I don't see pictures, or a brand name. This listing seems a little shady to me. Just make sure you are running the same rim size then you will be fine.

evan402
01-06-2011, 08:03 AM
douglas ultimate billet beadlocks and he took them off a 250r

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 08:05 AM
douglas ultimate billet beadlocks and he took them off a 250r

Sounds like a deal to me. If he is shipping them, only use paypal to send the money.

evan402
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/trullitaken5/iphonepics9-14-10081.jpg

evan402
01-06-2011, 08:12 AM
he is here in town. How difficult is it to swap tires. do i need any special tools?

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
he is here in town. How difficult is it to swap tires. do i need any special tools?

Its been awhile since i have swapped tires on my EX, but i would take the wheels you have now and get the tires removed at a tire shop for like 5 bucks a piece. It will be easier than doing it yourself. Putting them on the beadlocks is pretty simple, they slide on and slide of.

AtvKid4Eva
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
thats def. a great deal for all 4. those things are expensive new. youll have to take the old ones somewhere to get them taken off the stock rims and then you can install them on th beadlocks without a problem.

evan402
01-06-2011, 09:41 AM
awesome. I told the guy i would take them if he can hold them until next Wednesday which is when i get paid. So we will see. I like the look of the painted ones better but these will do

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
awesome. I told the guy i would take them if he can hold them until next Wednesday which is when i get paid. So we will see. I like the look of the painted ones better but these will do

Polish them, or get them PC'ed.

2001400exrida
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
the only place that will take tires off around me is a dealership or a motorsports store. The local tire places won't take tires off of aluminum rims unless you buy tires from them. they claim they can't be held liable for bending the aluminum rim.

I ended up taking my tires off by using a 4 ft. long 4x4 and my vehicle.

You set the 4x4 on the tire and angle it down to the ground and then you run your vehicle up on the board and the tire should snap off the bead. 1 of my tires took a few tries but the others popped right off.

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Probably still wouldn't hurt to call a few places and see whether they will do it. One of the guys might do it on his lunch break for cash. Thats what i did.

greencow
01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
So are you going to be putting the tires on the new rims? I remember watching my two friends dads trying to bead the tiers. Trying to put air in and at the same time spraying lighter fluid and trying to light it hahaha... its so fun "to watch"

Where i live, the local atv shop does it for 5$ per tire. Thats what i do from now on so the rims don't get scratched.

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
beadlocks work much differently than a normal wheel.

greencow
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
beadlocks work much differently than a normal wheel.

Beadlock is a type of rim right? If so sorry i did not see thats what he was buying.

250x_kyle
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by greencow
Beadlock is a type of rim right? If so sorry i did not see thats what he was buying.

yes they are a type of rim. you remove bolts and a ring pulls off you put the tire on and the ring you pulled off the goes over the tire bead. you then tighten bolts up and it pintches the bead of the tire to the rim making it harder for you to pop a tire off the bead.

there are also dual bead locks where both beads of the tire are locked against the rim.

evan402
01-07-2011, 01:51 PM
bullseye! nice explanation

rubbersdown
01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 2001400exrida
the only place that will take tires off around me is a dealership or a motorsports store. The local tire places won't take tires off of aluminum rims unless you buy tires from them. they claim they can't be held liable for bending the aluminum rim.

I ended up taking my tires off by using a 4 ft. long 4x4 and my vehicle.

You set the 4x4 on the tire and angle it down to the ground and then you run your vehicle up on the board and the tire should snap off the bead. 1 of my tires took a few tries but the others popped right off.

Thats kind of odd. I have had local discount tire and jack furrier tire shops take off and put on atv tires tons of times. If anything I would think itd be because the small wheel size and your local shops didnt have the machine to do it. Wouldnt think it would be because they are aluminum as many new vehicles rims are aluminum straight from factory. I.E. my dodge ram came stock with 20" chrome aluminum wheels and my wifes charger has 17" aluminum wheels from factory. Granted their not a rolled lip design but aluminum none the less.

greencow
01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
yes they are a type of rim. you remove bolts and a ring pulls off you put the tire on and the ring you pulled off the goes over the tire bead. you then tighten bolts up and it pintches the bead of the tire to the rim making it harder for you to pop a tire off the bead.

there are also dual bead locks where both beads of the tire are locked against the rim.

Thanks