PDA

View Full Version : Know It All Newbies

TCracin440ex
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I been surfing this forum for quite some years now and i gotten to where i dont post that much anymore but i still do browse everyday and post info when i feel like my .02$ is worth. but i just want to know what is up with these young know it all newbie members on here with a huge chip on their shoulders and act like they have been there and done it all. i could give a few good reverences but i will not personally attack anybody.

i was just venting and wondering if anybody else noticed the same thing with these newbie members comming on here and misconstruing information to people and acting like their quad/stuff is the greatest in the world. they seem like to me if you disagree with what they say they are cussing and ranting and raving and trying to argue a point that cant be argued.

BlaineKaiser450
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I agree, but it's something you have to deal with on every forum for the most part

400exrider707
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it's been like this for a long time. Not much you can do about unfortunately. Just stick the the more technical sections, they're almost never there. Usually in open forum is where you find such things...

TCracin440ex
01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
I agree, but it's something you have to deal with on every forum for the most part

naw this really is the only forum that is THAT bad on. im a member of several other truck forums that has no problems of this sort. i guess its because this site appeals to alot of kids in the 13-18 range and the truck forums appeal to the older crowd.

still doesnt mean newbies should come to this forum with that type of attitude

tri5ron
01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
naw this really is the only forum that is THAT bad on. im a member of several other truck forums that has no problems of this sort. i guess its because this site appeals to alot of kids in the 13-18 range and the truck forums appeal to the older crowd.

still doesnt mean newbies should come to this forum with that type of attitude yes I've noticed it, and yes I agree.
I'm getting pretty tired of it.
It's the main reason that SOOooo many of the older, more experienced and knowledgeable members hae left completely, or are RARELY willing to post anymore.
I have drastically reduced my involvement here on a few different occaisions for the exact same reasons.
More than once, I have come very close to just walking away from this site, and tonight just may be that night depending on how a few things develop.
There are still a few "good-guys" on here, (TC, your one of those guys), and they are about the ONLY reason I've kept hanging around.
Things really seemed to get worse, and the punks really seemed to start coming out of the woodwork, shortly after ATVRIDERS launched their Facebook page
. It's like it just drew in the "Ants to the Honey".,

I too,
may be very "short termed" here,
if it continues to degrade the way that it seems to have been going for over the past year or so.

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey, i agree... I will admit i tend to add to the problem. I am gonna stop playing the games with these dumbies. Not sure whether you would consider me a newb or not.. I've been a member for several years, and not sure how many posts i've got but i am pretty sure i am close to 1500 or around there. I do aggravated by the know it alls, who fight everyone about everything. I will admit that i do that sometimes... If you guys catch me doing that crap just tell me... Its a real problem i have. Seriously trying to work on it though. I don't start the arguments i just try to give people what i think is the right way to do it and i try to pick off these know it alls. I realize its not gonna work though.

You know guys, i apologize for any problems i may have caused. To be honest though, some of the punks deserved it. :devil: I guess i am a true missouri, boon-dock, red-neck who will fight with anybody willing to flex there muscles... or lack there of.

finsteratv
01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
haha im only 14 and ive been on here since i think 12ish:confused: . but i have to agree it seems like theres alot of these guys that know everything. while theres guys like me i come here to learn from all you seniors ;) but it sure gets old with people thinking there the best and most BA all the time...

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
haha im only 14 and ive been on here since i think 12ish:confused: . but i have to agree it seems like theres alot of these guys that know everything. while theres guys like me i come here to learn from all you seniors ;) but it sure gets old with people thinking there the best and most BA all the time...

ha ha totally agreed. I'm just as guilty.

250x_kyle
01-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I can agree. ive been getting annoyed a little and stirred the pot a little. i dont know as much as alot of guys around here but from personal experinces on past machines it annoys me when someone tries to argue because they got there quad last week. im building an oldschool quad so i dont have much of a choice on who to ask questions to or to get opinions from.

if i site elder speaks keep your mouth shut. Nobody my age has respect for anyone and its annoying. some people evidently didnt get whooped enough.

tri5ron
01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
kyle,
You as a youngster, and me as an OLD fart,.....

you can ride with my family and me, share our campfire, and stay for dinner anytime.

finsteratv
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
I can agree. ive been getting annoyed a little and stirred the pot a little. i dont know as much as alot of guys around here but from personal experinces on past machines it annoys me when someone tries to argue because they got there quad last week. im building an oldschool quad so i dont have much of a choice on who to ask questions to or to get opinions from.

if i site elder speaks keep your mouth shut. Nobody my age has respect for anyone and its annoying. some people evidently didnt get whooped enough.
i agree
..maybe thats why i keep my mouth shut :eek:

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
some people evidently didnt get whooped enough.

Reminds me of a comedian i once saw at my church... " My wife and I recently decided that spanking our kids was not the right choice for parenting.... Tazers are much more efficient. The best part is, they don't remember anything after you taze em!!" this dude has my style of parenting.

TCracin440ex
01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
i love this site and i have been on here for years. i dont even have a quad anymore and still like to browse and drool because i no longer own a quad and am dying for another one.
but it seems like when i do post these lil young newbie trolls who know everything tend to want to argue with any and everybody about pettily stuff. lt gets old fast. jus wish some members here would get their chip off the shoulders and realize theres always somebody out there that knows more then what you do.

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 09:51 PM
i love this site and i have been on here for years. i dont even have a quad anymore and still like to browse and drool because i no longer own a quad and am dying for another one.
but it seems like when i do post these lil young newbie trolls who know everything tend to want to argue with any and everybody about pettily stuff. lt gets old fast. jus wish some members here would get their chip off the shoulders and realize theres always somebody out there that knows more then what you do.

I realize my next question might sound sarcastic are like a smart @$$ thing to say, but that is not my intention. I just can't seem to find another way to put it. so.... Then what do you suggest we do about the problem? Just not reply?

Brauap
01-05-2011, 09:53 PM
I agree as mentioned before. I am 16 years old and there are so many kids my age who have absolutly no respect for any sensior's and people's property.. it really p's me o. I agree, they mustn't gotten their a**'s whopped enough! I know I sure hated it, but it tought me never to do it again! Teenagers are just getting so bad now-a-days! What are you going to do though, yano?

TCracin440ex
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
honestly idk i cant answer that for you or anybody. me personally the ones that i know are trolls im going to start blocking them so i cant see the garbage they post

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 09:55 PM
honestly idk i cant answer that for you or anybody. me personally the ones that i know are trolls im going to start blocking them so i cant see the garbage they post

Sounds like a good idea. I have seem some dis-respectful guy become real good people who have good input though. Just gotta give em time.

finsteratv
01-05-2011, 10:03 PM
people being annoying is one thing on here.
but when its the same people who rip sh*t up and get our riding areas closed thats what truly pisses me off. :mad:

wilkin250r
01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
yes I've noticed it, and yes I agree.
I'm getting pretty tired of it.
It's the main reason that SOOooo many of the older, more experienced and knowledgeable members hae left completely, or are RARELY willing to post anymore.
I have drastically reduced my involvement here on a few different occaisions for the exact same reasons.
More than once, I have come very close to just walking away from this site, and tonight just may be that night depending on how a few things develop.
There are still a few "good-guys" on here, (TC, your one of those guys), and they are about the ONLY reason I've kept hanging around.
Things really seemed to get worse, and the punks really seemed to start coming out of the woodwork, shortly after ATVRIDERS launched their Facebook page
. It's like it just drew in the "Ants to the Honey".,

I too,
may be very "short termed" here,
if it continues to degrade the way that it seems to have been going for over the past year or so.

I want all of you to read this post, and then read it again when you feel like whining about "censorship" and complaining because I kicked your buddy off the forum. Garbage, crap, and stupidity drives away intelligent and worthwhile members. They don't want to read your drama and flame-fests.

TCracin440ex
01-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I want all of you to read this post, and then read it again when you feel like whining about "censorship" and complaining because I kicked your buddy off the forum. Garbage, crap, and stupidity drives away intelligent and worthwhile members. They don't want to read your drama and flame-fests.

AMEN. seems like you have to sift through lots of pages of flaming and drama to find any good useful information.

and like i said before its mostly the youngsters/newbies that is doing it. im a member of alot of truck forums and none of them have this issue with newbies i guess its because the crowd on truck forums are mostly the older guys who like to share/get useful information on there vehicles. this site here appeals to alot of young members and they have yet to realize that you cant have that kind of chip on your shoulders because theres is always somebody out there a little smarter, a little bigger, and a little badder then you.

ive also noticed only a few sections on this forum are usually crowded with junk. one of them is the 400ex section, and the other is the 450r section every now and then. the 250r guys dont seem to have any of that problem over there.

CJM
01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Im in agreement with all of you, what I dislike is people specifically out and out argue with you. Then when you are proven right them they totally ignore it or refute it cause of course its ok for you to be wrong but not them.

One thing is for sure, they can hide behind the keyboards all they want and continue the bs, cause in reality if they pulled that stuff with almost anyone in real life they would be quite sorry. I know the guys I ride with wouldnt tolerate it at all and the offender would get their butt handed to them

Im starting to get the way Ron is, Im sick of the bs and childishness. Its not worth my time or effort to help someone if all I get is lambasted with bs. Im a really nice guy in reality and would help anyone in a second if they needed it, takes an awful lot to push me over the edge and tee me off

Remember one thing however: karma is a biatch, it will come back and bite you immature idiots sooner or later when you least expect it. When it does happen its gonna truly suck for ya.

marc

Canadian144
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
i guess its because this site appeals to alot of kids in the 13-18 range and the truck forums appeal to the older crowd.

Hey hey, some of us try to make intelligent posts and not be know-it-alls! I will admit that there are a large number of people who do act as "know-it-alls" in that age range though.

slightlybent47
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I’m guilty of throwing gas on the fire a few times, can’t say I’m too proud of it. Though at times it can be quite entertaining to watch and be a part of. I do not respond on any topics I have no experience in. If you’re needing some good info sometimes it’s hard to get any good responses when the BS is flying.
What frustrates me is a lot of people are so sensitive and defensive and feel they are being disrespected somehow and read more into what was posted. It seems like you have to be so politically correct or you get jumped on. It makes it hard when you have to make all the disclaimers trying to avoid offending someone.
I may not be an old timer on this forum but I have ridden for 30+ years and have a lot to contribute. That is when I’m not pissin someone off.lolhttp://planetsmilies.net/obscene-smiley-1022.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

TCracin440ex
01-05-2011, 10:24 PM
im not saying its everybody. im saying there are a select few that seem to go out of their way to start a flame war. CJM knows what im talking about. and i just had another "kid" do the same exact thing to me in another thread in the other section that is now locked because of all the flaming from him and being a "billy badass" over the net

honda400ex2003
01-05-2011, 10:26 PM
gotta love face book... it all went south after this site got on there. steve

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
You know just to add to the mix here, I recently started a thread called " how to rise to the top ". I was asking about the best route to getting to the pro levels of racing. I had a few people give intelligent answers, then had a few people tell that "all you win at the end of the day is a plastic trophy.". Another person continued to tell me that i wasn't even fit to be at the gate of a C Class Moto. and " well...im sure everyone who post it knew this wasnt a post to be taken seriously, but were all obviously bored enough to try to stomp on your dreams a bit ", people wonder why the sport seems to be dying on the racing side and why people like myself are being detered away, is because people forgot what its like be uplifting and encouraging. I made the point of " whats wrong with giving everything up to chase a dream in america ". However un-realistic my thoughts of how cool it would be to go pro may be, it doesn't make it right for anyone to shoot someone down like that. it comes down to doing what you love not about the money. If thats spending a million dollars to enjoying my sport then i am game.

slightlybent47
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I have also apologized when I felt I was wrong and I wish more would do so. Just man up when your wrong and most will forgive you and forget about it.http://planetsmilies.net/obscene-smiley-7217.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

CJM
01-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Thing is, other boards Ive been on deal with people who start trouble in a rather swift way.

If you cant play nice your gone, and they dont wait for it too-one site you get 1 warning to shut it and your gone the next time. They just dont ban your name either, they ban your IP address so unless you got another IP you aint ever coming back.

Other places, if your not banned EVERYONE attacks you to the point every post you make is just another snipe for someone to bash you on. Makes people leave very quick.

Personally, perhaps facebook is the root cause? I wouldnt know other than info in that thread and what steve said since I dont care for social networking sites.

In the end if you ignore the offender(s) (which I know is very hard!) they will leave on thier own.

So I propose a pact: Dont bother throwing fuel on the fire-ignore them! This way no bs can start and they probably will leave on there own.

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by CJM
So I propose a pact: Dont bother throwing fuel on the fire-ignore them! This way no bs can start and they probably will leave on there own.

I sign in blood. lol :devil:

honda400ex2003
01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
im in! steve

SRH
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
You know just to add to the mix here, I recently started a thread called " how to rise to the top ". I was asking about the best route to getting to the pro levels of racing. I had a few people give intelligent answers, then had a few people tell that "all you win at the end of the day is a plastic trophy.". Another person continued to tell me that i wasn't even fit to be at the gate of a C Class Moto. and " well...im sure everyone who post it knew this wasnt a post to be taken seriously, but were all obviously bored enough to try to stomp on your dreams a bit ", people wonder why the sport seems to be dying on the racing side and why people like myself are being detered away, is because people forgot what its like be uplifting and encouraging. I made the point of " whats wrong with giving everything up to chase a dream in america ". However un-realistic my thoughts of how cool it would be to go pro may be, it doesn't make it right for anyone to shoot someone down like that. it comes down to doing what you love not about the money. If thats spending a million dollars to enjoying my sport then i am game.

well you will have to learn on your own , there is a difference between trying to bring you down and a reality check, im not going to encourage a poor decision, the best advice is do what you enjoy, but planning a big tactical expensive plan to go pro is not worth it unless your so talented you get near a pro am speed within a season or 2,

if that discourages you then you dont have the heart to go pro, its more or less you could put your energy and money into something thats going to better your life and still enjoy the sport...that is exactly why its so hard to take seriously especialy when your new to this all

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH
well you will have to learn on your own , there is a difference between trying to bring you down and a reality check, im not going to encourage a poor decision, the best advice is do what you enjoy, but planning a big tactical expensive plan to go pro is not worth it unless your so talented you get near a pro am speed within a season or 2,

if that discourages you then you dont have the heart to go pro, its more or less you could put your energy and money into something thats going to better your life and still enjoy the sport...that is exactly why its so hard to take seriously especialy when your new to this all

You know i totally see what you are saying... i don't wanna bring a big discussion in and hi-jack the thread. Like i said, i'll just get into it and see were it takes me. If i do something crazy climb to the top then yay for me but if i fall flat on my face then to bad. The job i will have won't allow for racing later in life anyway. Thanks for input and the reality check regardless of how discouraging it may be. I do think i have what it takes to go pro, just not the funds nor the time.

SRH
01-05-2011, 10:57 PM
You know i totally see what you are saying... i don't wanna bring a big discussion in and hi-jack the thread. Like i said, i'll just get into it and see were it takes me. If i do something crazy climb to the top then yay for me but if i fall flat on my face then to bad. The job i will have won't allow for racing later in life anyway. Thanks for input and the reality check regardless of how discouraging it may be. I do think i have what it takes to go pro, just not the funds nor the time.

honestly dude it would be great, id love to see you in creamers position, buts its very rare, risky and expensive, and worse yet it can take alot of enjoyment out of the sport if your putting that kind of pressure on yourself, nothing wrong with being a local hero and keeping it fun

Honda#4
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Now days I find my self using the report thread to moderator button a lot more then when I first joined this site. I love this site and giving information and it's the only way I stay connected with quad material, but when you try to read a thread that seems helpful and see a bunch of crappy remarks I think the next person that reads it is at a loss of information and then has to go and repost his question.

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SRH
honestly dude it would be great, id love to see you in creamers position, buts its very rare, risky and expensive, and worse yet it can take alot of enjoyment out of the sport if your putting that kind of pressure on yourself, nothing wrong with being a local hero and keeping it fun

x2 dude!!! Actually feels good to humble myself and take good solid advice for what it is!! Wish the punks would try it...

honda400ex2003
01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
x2 on honda#4 i know if it keeps up ill be gone soon. not only on this site but others as well. maybe it is just that time of month or a full moon... not sure which but lots of hostility all over today.

steve

CJM
01-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I think we should just post and be helpful but if it goes awry you cut out of it.

Leaving is never fun when you actually enjoy helping others and they appreciate it.

honda400ex2003
01-05-2011, 11:15 PM
i dont think i would leave for good just not frequent every night but i get tired of reading the stuff too. steve

honda400ex2003
01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
they will start getting homework soon too...

that will be good. it will give all the kiddies something to do besides talk tough on here.

steve

slightlybent47
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM
I’m sure moderating is hard when someone is getting slammed, because where do you draw the line, and locking a thread or banning someone doesn’t give someone a chance to defend themselves.

feuerstack411
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
You guys care too much. It's just the internet.

trailrider894
01-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411

Well guys, now we test our newly found skill of ignoring. :) Woot!! Feels good to have the upper hand.

CJM
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I’m sure moderating is hard when someone is getting slammed, because where do you draw the line, and locking a thread or banning someone doesn’t give someone a chance to defend themselves.

When I used to do it at other places I found the best approach was to warn if I felt they were being a smart arse. We often used the 3 strike rule, and a consequent 1 week ban. Act up again and you were gone for good.

Problem is its tough to determine stuff since you cant see a person being sarcastic like in real life. But mostly you made the call when you obviously see people acting like jerks.

Im not going anywhere, besides school I got plenty of free time.

honda400ex2003
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
its what we love and live for. not just the internet for the people who are here all the time. thus the reason for this thread... it is irritating to deal with people who can not contribute anything positive yet still find the need to comment on the subject when they have no idea what the subject even is.

a prime example, the thread i made for cjm to clean his box last night. i couldnt believe the idiotic posts in that simple 1 line. it was

cjm clean out your box as the title

lol steve in the message.

i had numerous people come on it and post about how exciting it was, what i was talking about and what it should be. none of which were correct or even relevant to what the thread was about, just stay out of the thread.

steve

feuerstack411
01-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Well guys, now we test our newly found skill of ignoring. :) Woot!! Feels good to have the upper hand.

I've been here longer than a good amount of the members in this thread ;)

I remember the "good ol' days" this site has gone downhill.

slightlybent47
01-06-2011, 12:50 AM
It’s like road rage syndrome, people get brave and do things and say things in the comfort and privacy of there car for the littlest of things. But those same people if face to face would not be so aggressive. Same on here, most people including “me” who chose to remain anonymous. (DISCLMER….I chose to be anonymous for other reasons, not destructive)lol Some of you know who I am but most don’t, as most of you are the same way, but one thing that I can say is, it can be a very small world at times and you never know when or where you may come face to face with someone you thought you never would. In my 50 years I have seen things happen that I thought were impossible, so you never know!

TCracin440ex
01-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by CJM
When I used to do it at other places I found the best approach was to warn if I felt they were being a smart arse. We often used the 3 strike rule, and a consequent 1 week ban. Act up again and you were gone for good.

yea but then there is members on this site that continue to get banned and return a few weeks later and still post the same garbage as before like they never learn. there is an import thread on this site that is clutterd up with one guy just posting his garbage because he is a complete tool and a total troll. i dont even know if he reads the shyt he posts because he sounds so dumb but yet he knows everything it truely is pathetic.

feuerstack411
01-06-2011, 02:00 AM
yea but then there is members on this site that continue to get banned and return a few weeks later and still post the same garbage as before like they never learn. there is an import thread on this site that is clutterd up with one guy just posting his garbage because he is a complete tool and a total troll. i dont even know if he reads the shyt he posts because he sounds so dumb but yet he knows everything it truely is pathetic.

slow has been banned so many times. the only thing more pathetic than him coming back each time, is the fact the mods LET hit him come back. just IP ban him and call it a day

Pappy
01-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Let's clear up a few things

1) An IP ban doesnt work as a fix all solution when many people get a new IP everytime they log onto the net. Banning one IP on some will result in other members IP being banned as it is an all or nothing deal (AOL and Yahoo users come to mind)

2) You are all mostly "New". Most of you cry and ***** just as bad as anyone else you just dont see it. Some of you complaining have been involved in BS over the years that have lead to some of the very issues you are crying about in this thread....do we ban you now..again? Banning doesnt work, dicks will be dicks.

3) If you dont like a website, dont visit it. Its a pretty simple deal. The majority of forums go through cycles especially a well established one that sees a person go from newbie to old school and its not always the content that changes but the maturity of the members that realize they dont fit in with the new crowd, which they used to be.....and just as bad. Add to this the huge age differences in the atv world and you will never have a perfect world. I was refered to a site last week for info and all I found was 27 pages of *****ing and fighting and never did find the info I was after....it aint just here folks.

4) The amount of posers on this website is at an all time high. I could spend the majority of my day pointing out falacies and out right lies. I could also point out several folks who are just not in shape enough to do a few laps yet are experts about racing....have never amounted to squat racing but have an opinion on every thing racing or about racing, or about a pro who they think they know every detail about and are proven wrong day in and day out. People want to be accepted, but its comicial to watch, painfull as well.

5) Should we ban you for every infraction? Get real, losers are losers and if you are being banned by a website over and over, you son have no life. Maybe take a look at yourself before posting some of this crap and realize you are just as much the cause of issues as you are bothered by them. You are not going to change people over the web, it just furthers my point of how much some people will go through simply because they have no life. If this fits you then again, change yourself or move on wether your 14 or 45, life is to short for this kind of BS.

6) Realize people like turmoil and love to cause trouble. Report the thread and do not respond to it. There are some on the net that troll and get the weak minded stirred up. If you are so damn smart then why cant you avoid them? But NOOOOOO its to easy to get into a internet scuffle with a 14 year old and then cry about it.

7) This crap has been going on before Facebook even came online, so you will have to find another cause. Most of which I have outlined above. What FB has done is give people an outlet for their personal info and that info used to be posted on fourms. Whats left is mainly crap unless its a news worthy event. This has impacted every form of forum traffic on most every type of site that releates to lifestyles. FB is worth 50 million, you figure out something better and you will be rich LOL!

The biggest change ive noticed here....people do more keyboard riding then actual riding. Lots of dreamers and tire kickers but few blisters and wore out bodies. Some of this is due to members going to school and , IMO, the bad economy. It is just something we have to all get through and hopefully without all the *****in and moaning along the way. People in general are just in a bad mood especially when they cant get out and ride or race as a release.

There ya go, my morning rant.

feuerstack411
01-06-2011, 04:39 AM
AMEN.

2001400exrida
01-06-2011, 05:30 AM
very good post pappy.

let's not forget the golden rule.

"freedom of speech"

the fact is everybody has an opinion and that does not necessarilly mean that the longest standing members are the ones with the correct opinion. often times there is no right or wrong, and offense is taken when it shouldn't be.

seniority doesn't play a part on online forums.

so, next time you want to say "i've been here longer" or "that just the way i've done it for 20 years". maybe just consider the newer methods or opinions instead of being set in your ways.

400exrider707
01-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by 2001400exrida

let's not forget the golden rule.

"freedom of speech"

This is a forum with rules with which you have to abide. This is not a deomcracy.

seniority doesn't play a part on online forums.

I think you're kidding yourself there if you believe that is true. It's even more true when you're buying selling used parts. Who do you feel more comfortable buying parts from, the guy with 12 posts and no background info or someone like Pappy who has rolled his post counter over a few times?

Bill (SRH) and Pappy both hit the nails on the head.

Ichoptop
01-06-2011, 07:27 AM
When I was 14 and got my first ATC I knew everything and would be the first to let you know.

Now that I'm almost 40 and have had 30 some three wheelers, quads, and dirt bikes over the years, I realize that I know a lot less.

madskrillz2
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
What it all boils down to is people being keyboard warriors and trying to be somebody they wanna be on the internet. Just listen to Brad Paisleys "Online"

2001400exrida
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
400exrider707,

the point i was trying to make is that seniority does not matter, there are plenty of people who have tons of posts and they simply repeat what they read, with little to know real life experience.

you will find other people with 100 posts that are somewhat new and they may have better real life situations to explain, based on experience.

also, as far as i know, freedom of speech applies on this forum as it does in our country. Since most of us are in the United States i believe it's safe to say that this forum would be based on a democratic government.

If several people report a post, then the poster is banned or warned....that seems like a democracy to me, i'm not saying it has been put to a vote however i'm saying that since a majority of members may not appreciate another member, they are therefore removed from the site, based on popular belief!

99400esex
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
its what we love and live for. not just the internet for the people who are here all the time. thus the reason for this thread... it is irritating to deal with people who can not contribute anything positive yet still find the need to comment on the subject when they have no idea what the subject even is.

a prime example, the thread i made for cjm to clean his box last night. i couldnt believe the idiotic posts in that simple 1 line. it was

cjm clean out your box as the title

lol steve in the message.

i had numerous people come on it and post about how exciting it was, what i was talking
about and what it should be. none of which were correct or even relevant to what the thread was about, just stay out of the thread.

steve

Are you talking about me steve?

Scro
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
400exrider707,

the point i was trying to make is that seniority does not matter, there are plenty of people who have tons of posts and they simply repeat what they read, with little to know real life experience.

you will find other people with 100 posts that are somewhat new and they may have better real life situations to explain, based on experience.

also, as far as i know, freedom of speech applies on this forum as it does in our country. Since most of us are in the United States i believe it's safe to say that this forum would be based on a democratic government.

If several people report a post, then the poster is banned or warned....that seems like a democracy to me, i'm not saying it has been put to a vote however i'm saying that since a majority of members may not appreciate another member, they are therefore removed from the site, based on popular belief!

You do have the freedom of speech. But you are forgetting that this is a privately owned site. One in which you must follow the rules. You can't just say anything you want and expect it to stand, because it won't.

Banning and warning is the sole responsibility of the moderating team. It's not based on how many people report that member's postings. We review the posts, and take action as we see fit. As Pappy can tell you, it doesn't matter if you are fairly new member (like yourself), or a seasoned member. If you don't follow the rules, you get the hammer. Pretty cut and dry.

SRH
01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
its all private owned and favorites have always been played

and you piss off some of the older guys your days are numbered they are the unbiased authority figure , the end all be all to every disagreement but in reality there wrong sometimes and they still win a over the hill puffing of the chest...its painful to watch, they post poor information it still spreads, you get in a position of power and i guess you just feel your information is always correct but unfortunately thats the way it is, the best informaation on this site is on the main page in updates and results,there are very few sections on this forum still contributing useful info, you can find just as good forum discussion on almost any other atv website these days so there is absolutely no reason to get wound up over politics on a atv forum , if you dont like the ppl who traffic this site go to another site...or ride some dick become a mod and ban them

400exrider707
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
400exrider707,

Understood, we're on the same page, guess I just wanted to clear a few points up. ;)

Ruby Soho
01-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
What it all boils down to is people being keyboard warriors and trying to be somebody they wanna be on the internet. Just listen to Brad Paisleys "Online"

cause even on a slow day i can have a three way:D

250x_kyle
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I am not saying ive never been in the wrong I know I have and ill admit it. If someone posts up a thread about there rebuild and there not putting all top of the line parts nobody wants your worthless opinion. If mommy and daddy bought you your quad and parts and you think its the best good for you it doesnt matter. Alot of people are hard working and on tight budgets although they are not running walsh fox front ends they worked there butts off to get there. some may even half mouthes to feed and are just trying to get by with some things as simple as riding. if you dont have something good to say just hit the back button its not hard try it. constructive criticism is fine but you have to give goods and bads online for someone to understand it.

If one of the older guys tells you information about something listen. more then likely they were riding before you were even born. this sites for questions and answers and usefull information. there is also a search button at the top of the page its usefull. but its hard to tell anyone to use the search button anymore because they have to weed out the bad information. if you dont have any personal experince with an issue hit the back button instead of saying what you think is wrong when theres a thousand other factors to add in. everyon has bad days so theres going to be a pissed off post here and there. but like everyone else said if your house is on fire your not going to spray gasoline on it instead of water.

lesson learned- keep your mouth shut when someone older is giving advice chances are they were in those shoes before you were born. keeping your mouth shut and not arguing will take you far in life. ive learned alot from older guys they know what they are talking about because they've been there. those little bits and pecies of advice are like a puzzle it may not all be there at once but in the end it all comes together. If you befriend the right people sometimes they will cut you deals when your in a pinch with both money and time for a part. if your a tool your not going to get that help.

250x_kyle
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
kyle,
You as a youngster, and me as an OLD fart,.....

you can ride with my family and me, share our campfire, and stay for dinner anytime.

If you were a little closer id gladly take up the offer as well as help put your food threw the meat grinder so its easier for you to chew :p. A little respect has gone a long way in my world and im sure it has yours. take it easy.

LTandRaptorider
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411

I don't think he was being a smart-alec with this post. He's right, and I say the same thing. It's the Internet, don't take things too seriously. Faceless people that you'd never meet say stupid stuff. It is irritating how threads with some good info get trashed, but what can ya do? After all it's the... Internet! Trialrider I commented in a thread the other day on a post you made. Left my opinion, made sure I stated I wasn't picking on you, you replied, it was all good. Unfortunately more peeps nowadays get all butt hurt because someone else has an opinion that doesn't match theirs. But I realized much of it is from the younger crowd, and I'm not so old I don't remember that age and how I thought I knew it all! So I back out from a silly thread, go elsewhere. I use the Internet for info and amusement. I see enough stupid stuff in real life, so when I see it online, I look elsewhere. ;)

TheLane
01-06-2011, 02:57 PM
its just as easy to ignore stupid posts as it is to post them. : )

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I don't think he was being a smart-alec with this post. He's right, and I say the same thing. It's the Internet, don't take things too seriously. Faceless people that you'd never meet say stupid stuff. It is irritating how threads with some good info get trashed, but what can ya do? After all it's the... Internet! Trialrider I commented in a thread the other day on a post you made. Left my opinion, made sure I stated I wasn't picking on you, you replied, it was all good. Unfortunately more peeps nowadays get all butt hurt because someone else has an opinion that doesn't match theirs. But I realized much of it is from the younger crowd, and I'm not so old I don't remember that age and how I thought I knew it all! So I back out from a silly thread, go elsewhere. I use the Internet for info and amusement. I see enough stupid stuff in real life, so when I see it online, I look elsewhere. ;)

exactly man!!! I don't mind when people give there opinion. Its just when they dis on mine.

Quad18star
01-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't think Facebook is the reason more trouble has come to this site. I'll bet that 90% of the ATVRiders Facebook members were members on here before the FB page was launched.

As it was mentioned .... some people like to argue with others and then report posts. You're not helping the situation if you argue with the member before you report the posts. Just simply report it.

I'm sure we can start banning members without warning .... one argumentative , out-of-line post and we can ditch you .... new member or old member ... but just remember you guys asked for it ... so don't start emailing begging to come back because YOU DON'T THINK your post was out of line... it would our (moderators) judgement call.

You want to know what REALLY pisses me off? The website admin took the time to create new ssubections within sections to better organize and help YOU guys out. Doesn't it frustrate you when someone posts their FOR SALE items in a technical section? So here I spent a few hours moving FOR SALE items into the FOR SALE subsection and making a thread to ask members to post in the right sections... yet some members still don't get it and then wonder why they can't find their posts. I don't even bother moving them anymore I just delete them. If you can't take the time to put it in the right area , well then I don't have the time to move it. And it's not just the newbies that do it ... it's members that have been here since 2002 and have thousands of posts.

So here's MY rules ..... the other mods can do it whatever way they like.

If I stumble across a posts and members are argueing, flaming , bashing, *****ing, insulting , or anything I find disrespectful or out of line according to my standards, I will NOT give out any warnings, I will simply BAN you.

If you post something in a wrong section I will NOT move it to the right section... I will simply delete your post. You can create a new post but if it's not in the right section again I will delete it and keep repeating the process until you put it in the right section or you get fed up and quit.

Fair enough?

Remember this goes for new members and old members.

TheLane
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
see what you guys did....you made him upset :ermm:

fastredrider44
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
This was a painful 7 pages so far. It is just the internet. I get on here many times a day, but only check a couple of sections and usually only post when I can add something valuable. I have too grown up and had to listen to "the old guys" as some of them knew what they were talking about all along. Others, not so much. I'm sure I could look into the 400ex forum and add some advice, but i just can't hardly sift through the junk anymore. The 250R section is the best in my opinion. :blah:

2001400exrida
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
[Bif your house is on fire your not going to spray gasoline on it instead of water.
[/B]

actually, i'd take a new house ;) so i may do the gas trick haha.

JUST KIDDING, figured i'd try to lighten things up a bit.

slightlybent47
01-06-2011, 05:02 PM
When you combine the ability to be anonymous and with it being a world wide web and so many people from so many walks of life and age deference, there bound to be conflict.
I have never clamed to be a saint and have apologized when I felt I was wrong.
And I don’t think there are many on here that have not participated in the BS at some point. Some come on here and clam to be above all the BS; this is hypocritical in my opinion.
I don’t pay to much attention to the sig at the bottom of a post because you can’t judge someone by there post number or how many bikes they have or even how old they are or where there from.
There are some with thousands of post that participate along with the BS just like some newbies. Your age dose not dictate your maturity level. We are a confrontational species, always have been, always will be. Just like anything else, if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen. But on the other hand it is what we make of it.

gncc025
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I have learned to overlook "kids" and adults with bad attitudes on this forum and in life. Nothings perfect not even exriders :D just ignore the annoying post and move on. Its not that hard, try it.

wilkin250r
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
So here's MY rules ..... the other mods can do it whatever way they like.

Cripes, took you long enough to get to that point. Jeez, I was at that point after about a week of being a mod, what in the world took you so long?

A heart of gold is not an asset as a moderator, it just increases your workload. :p

Quad18star
01-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Cripes, took you long enough to get to that point. Jeez, I was at that point after about a week of being a mod, what in the world took you so long?

A heart of gold is not an asset as a moderator, it just increases your workload. :p

I tried to play nice .... but they can only bump me on the back of my heels with a shopping cart so many times before I snap. :huh

I actually started just deleting posts a while back ... but now I'm making it public so that the constant messages about where the posts went can come to a halt.:devil:

250x_kyle
01-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I tried to play nice .... but they can only bump me on the back of my heels with a shopping cart so many times before I snap. :huh
:

lol only you could think of that.

250rsforlife
01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
i guess ill post something yes im new to this only been on for a couple months and the world is like this some people respect thier elders and some dont thats their own choice personally if i now someone that gives me advice thats been on here longer than someone else im gona listen to them and who cares what the younger kid says if you now your right then who gives a **** screw the younger kid that thinks he better than everyone

trailrider894
01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
ha ha kinda inronic that no of the punks are posting on here... lol well, a few have. Putting up good covers though. yee haw!!! Well guys i guess we know what we've gotta do, so i guess theres no sense in repeating ourselves. Lets go punk killing by doing nothing!! XD

Ruby Soho
01-06-2011, 09:06 PM
can't we all just get along?:scary:

ben300
01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
im as guilty as sin with arguing with people, so thats one of the reasons i havent been posting as much anymore. i agree..there is to much bickering and arguing..

my other reason...im bored with the internet...not just here, with all the websites/forums/news sights i go too...

you can only spend so much time on the computer per day...

get out from behind the screen and enjoy other things. the other doors, life in general..its too short

ZeroLogic
01-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
can't we all just get along?:scary:

Where in the hell have you been!:eek:

250x_kyle
01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 250rsforlife
i guess ill post something yes im new to this only been on for a couple months and the world is like this some people respect thier elders and some dont thats their own choice personally if i now someone that gives me advice thats been on here longer than someone else im gona listen to them and who cares what the younger kid says if you now your right then who gives a **** screw the younger kid that thinks he better than everyone

I agree with you completely. but the problemis all the usefull information get cluttered up by some punks that dont know what there talking about and end up getting valubale threads locked or deleted.

wilkin250r
01-07-2011, 10:14 AM
and end up getting valubale threads locked or deleted.

Of all the threads I've ever locked or deleted, not a single one could ever, by any stretch of the imagination, be considered "valuable". They're all useless drivel.

250x_kyle
01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Of all the threads I've ever locked or deleted, not a single one could ever, by any stretch of the imagination, be considered "valuable". They're all useless drivel.

im not saying that you or anyone else has. it was meant as an example of possibilities. ;)

TheLane
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
now im not trying to start any sort of extra drama here....but for those of you tired of getting your time wasted....dont you think there might just be a smallllllll possibility that 9 pages of this might be a tinyyy waste of time?

or maybe talking about it is theraputic?

trailrider894
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
now im not trying to start any sort of extra drama here....but for those of you tired of getting your time wasted....dont you think there might just be a smallllllll possibility that 9 pages of this might be a tinyyy waste of time?

or maybe talking about it is theraputic?

Exactly what i said early.... I stopped following this thread awhile ago. I told people that repeating the same thing over and over isn't getting anywhere. and that they needed to go fix the problem. This thread is starting to sound like Obama made it.... All talking and no walking.

TheLane
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Exactly what i said early.... I stopped following this thread awhile ago. I told people that repeating the same thing over and over isn't getting anywhere. and that they needed to go fix the problem. This thread is starting to sound like Obama made it.... All talking and no walking.

lol! ill keep my guns and my freedom, you can keep the change. And the threads about 400 ex's.

trailrider894
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
lol! ill keep my guns and my freedom, you can keep the change. And the threads about 400 ex's.

lol i hate our president... XD

400exrider707
01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I stopped following this thread awhile ago.

Anyone else find this just a little bit funny?

TheLane
01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

nope :rolleyes:

Thats what this thread is about, Stop picking on people! :D

honda250xrider
01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
These posts have come up for the last several years.

Things are not going to change, if some of the adults were actually as mature as what they say they are they could readily and easily ignore the childish talk.

On another note; when I see a grown adult bickering with a 13 year old it almost makes me chuckle and one has to assume that the adult is just as much of a child.

lets face it its the internet. This is not a formal social gathering.

Kick back and relax, people need to quit being so sensitive to issues.

slightlybent47
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Unless I’m missing something, there is no way to tell how old someone is on here. Unless you know them or it has been posted before or it’s in there personal info, but I never think to look there.

250rsforlife
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I agree with you completely. but the problemis all the usefull information get cluttered up by some punks that dont know what there talking about and end up getting valubale threads locked or deleted.
yea i understand that and it does make me mad too

wilkin250r
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
Kick back and relax, people need to quit being so sensitive to issues.

But it's a little bigger than just being oversensitive. Most people come looking for information, many stick around to give it. The problem is that the more mature members, the ones that actually DO know what they're talking about and can give useful advice, don't like to weed through a bunch of garbage. But they're not "sensitive", they don't complain. They just leave.

If we drive away the useful, knowledgable members, what do we have left? If we (as a forum) can't offer solid, reliable information, then we're dead in the water.

honda250xrider
01-07-2011, 04:26 PM
But it's a little bigger than just being oversensitive. Most people come looking for information, many stick around to give it. The problem is that the more mature members, the ones that actually DO know what they're talking about and can give useful advice, don't like to weed through a bunch of garbage. But they're not "sensitive", they don't complain. They just leave.

If we drive away the useful, knowledgable members, what do we have left? If we (as a forum) can't offer solid, reliable information, then we're dead in the water.

I can understand that, and would only add that as long as this site has been up there has always been this kind of garbage going on.

I can remember when i first joined even with the few amount of members that we had there was a fair amount of bickering.

Now that the member count has risen 10 fold you have to assume the BS would also.

What I'm trying to get at is the problem has came up more than once over the years and there is no clear cut solution. Although this thread may open up some eyes it is in no way going to help with reducing the BS that goes on.

I have witnessed members come and go over the years and many have moved on due to other hobbies, families, jobs, etc. I would say that there is only a select few that have actually left due to all the BS that goes on.

I don't think there is any forum out there that doesn't go through the same as what this site does.

Ruby Soho
01-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Where in the hell have you been!:eek:

Oh you know.... around:macho

Tommy Warren
01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
can any of you people tell me what the loudest pipe for a 400ex is?

honda400ex2003
01-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 99400esex
Are you talking about me steve?

i dont think so. i cant remember now, i was unsubscribed lol and will be again after posting. lol sorry, steve

2001400exrida
01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

haha yes that's funny

TCracin440ex
01-07-2011, 09:58 PM
wow i havent read on this thread in a while. and now its up to 10 pages.

i simply posted this thread because this newbie, 14 year old kid was trying to argue with me telling me a 400ex and 300ex was the best trail quad out there, and proceeded to say that the 450 machines wasnt a better platform for building a good quad. then tried to tell me that hes been riding since he was 7 and hes 14 now and could woop me in riding and im 24 and been riding since i was 2 or 3. it just really got under my skin how some new kid to riding can sit there and tell me which quad is better, when he only owns a 300ex and a bone stock 400ex and probally has never thrown his leg over any kind of 450 machine.

i just think its funny when youngins read a few dirt wheels mags and automatically think they know more then a person with many more years over them. that was my whole issue.

ive been here long enough to know which ones are trolls, which ones are joking arround just playing not being serious, and i can tell which ones just type to be typing and never read what they type because if they did they would realize that nothing they typed made any sence whatso ever. but then there is ones who come on here with the attitude they know everything and their word is the way, are never wrong and will argue their BS with a fence post.

END OF RANT.

CJM
01-07-2011, 10:03 PM
^ i dont blame you for feeling that way, its exactly the way I feel as well.

Bottom line is I have decided to ignore them. They can take potshots disagree or act like an idiot for all I care, much easier to ignore them. Arguing with an idiot gets you nowhere.

TCracin440ex
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
yea check my new pic im going to start posting when these "trolls" start to show up. im simply going to quote what the "troll" said and post that pic

http://abstract2paradox.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/do-not-feed-the-trolls1.jpg

jcv400ex
01-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Truly the only way to get rid of the trolls is to make it a paid members only forum...:ermm:

lonnie1977
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm a senior member with 236 or so posts. I only reply when I know what im talking about or can help someone. I'm on here almost every day. Kids can be annoying but hey there kids, You ever try to reason with a 14-16 year old. Cant be done with some. I look on here for info all the time and just breeze through the other stuff. Part of being a public forum. Venting is useful and I under stand you fustration though.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Truly the only way to get rid of the trolls is to make it a paid members only forum...:ermm:

In other words, never get new members?

CJM
01-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
In other words, never get new members?

You would be surprised what happens when you make it as simple as a 5 dollar paid forum.

Something awful forums come to mind. I used to be a member there and while it was a crazy place, you chose to be there and you paid your dues to join. Therefore you had a say in how everything was run as well.

I still think best thing to do is ignore the idiots. Like I said, arguing with them just digs the hole deeper.

trailrider894
01-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by CJM
You would be surprised what happens when you make it as simple as a 5 dollar paid forum.

Something awful forums come to mind. I used to be a member there and while it was a crazy place, you chose to be there and you paid your dues to join. Therefore you had a say in how everything was run as well.

I still think best thing to do is ignore the idiots. Like I said, arguing with them just digs the hole deeper.

which ironically CJM, this thread is turning into the exact thing we are trying to avoid. TheLane and i both agreed that the best thing to do is to stop whining about the problem and go do something.

fearlessfred
01-08-2011, 01:57 AM
well i think they are putting female hormones in are drinking water and we all are turning into a bunch of sissies including myself.i find myself crying at chick flicks and at work,before i climb on my excavater ,i have to ask my laborer (pipe layer ) if he wants a hug before we start work and then i have to kiss his *** all night long to keep him working.i then go home and cry to my wife if she will listen. i dont mind and some times enjoy having a disagreement on here, because no one on here can bring up all the wrong things i have done to her thru out 27 years, instead of debating what the topic is about.if im not learning about atving or trying to help someone than im learning about the people on the site and some times something about myself. i like this site and many of the people on here, and a lot of the ones i like are on this thread. as a young man i thought if i know everything than how could anyone else know anything at all,but as an older person i realize ,that i really never knew anything at all.thank you to everyone here,and i really want to thank everyone for never commenting on my poor grammer and spelling

CJM
01-08-2011, 09:15 AM
which ironically CJM, this thread is turning into the exact thing we are trying to avoid. TheLane and i both agreed that the best thing to do is to stop whining about the problem and go do something.

Yea, but there isnt much we can do other than ignore them or point them out to the moderators.

Thing is, this thread is getting the problem into the open and discussing it helps people deal with it.

Quad18star
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Ignoring is the best options.

If you see a member that always gets on your nerves, simply add them to your ignore list and you won't have to deal with them anymore.

TheLane
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
well i think they are putting female hormones in are drinking water and we all are turning into a bunch of sissies including myself.i find myself crying at chick flicks and at work,before i climb on my excavater ,i have to ask my laborer (pipe layer ) if he wants a hug before we start work and then i have to kiss his *** all night long to keep him working.i then go home and cry to my wife if she will listen.

lmao!!!! So true...i cried while watching toy story 3.........if anyone asks me that outside of this forum i will 100% deny it for fear of my man card being revoked.

2001400exrida
01-09-2011, 07:42 AM
this thread is like the energizer bunny.

wilkin250r
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Thing is, this thread is getting the problem into the open and discussing it helps people deal with it.

Even more so, perhaps by bringing it out into the open, we can change the attitude that creates the problem.

All these useless posts that people create, in order to try to appear intelligent and gain acceptance, if we make it obvious that it actually does the opposite, perhaps we can reduce the problem.

Quad18star
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
All these useless posts that people create, in order to try to appear intelligent and gain acceptance, if we make it obvious that it actually does the opposite, perhaps we can reduce the problem.

Ah come on now ....there's no useless posts..... relationship problems and ways to rectify them can always be found on an ATV website. ;)

fearlessfred
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Ah come on now ....there's no useless posts..... relationship problems and ways to rectify them can always be found on an ATV website. ;) this thread might be the most useless of all of them. the youth are our future.they are smarter than us (older people), because they have more sources to gather imformation,like this site and others like it.we do have experience to offer and we can set an example on how to act on a forum ,one of the moderaters here sets a great example of how to act, and that would be scro or justin. he always treats everyone with respect ,gives great answers and doent talk down to anyone. and there are others like him ,but he is the one who comes to mind.one thing i might suggest to the newbes is that we dont put down others answers and suggest that yours is the only answer and the other person should not be listened to and i am talking to one person (2001400exrider)

HondaRacing83
01-09-2011, 04:32 PM
i think ive noticebly been smarter with my posts from back when i was smittank789.i dont even post that much.i browse daily though.

HondaRacing83
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
bump for a good thread newbies need to read.

Sjorge450R
01-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I am on the same boat as the original poster. Although I barley ride any more, I used to like coming on here seeing what everyone was up to. I took like a month off and came back and it was completely different here. Bunch of punk ***** kids. Now, when I come on, I go to my usual forums (450r, open) search the forums lobbies for user names that i recognize and know and read those threads.

Thats what I do in the open forum. It seems like were all at the same point of being upset about the site, but what are you gonna do. We're not getting any younger lol

Also, get rid of the post count. Most kids get a huge kick out of that. Thus causing them to post stupid stuff to boost it. Remove it and make it no longer available anywhere. Just think about it. How many posts have you seen with titles such as; 250th post! 500th post! 1000th post!, its stupid.