PDA

View Full Version : What is this world coming to?

madsmokey12
01-04-2011, 10:44 PM
im Trying to Sell my KX80 on Craigslist and im getting tons of Calls For Financing on it. it's not like im asking much $650 OBO and it runs Perfect. i had a Deal last night for $400 and some Trades Xbox 360 and Droid Phone and the kid puts his dad on the phone and he asked me if i could Finance the $400. he told me he would give me the Trades and $100 now and $200 next Week and $100 the week after and give me a Copy of his Drivers License. But he wanted the bike that Day. it's Scary when you have a Family and not have $400 i Felt bad for the guy but the way this world is today you can't Trust no one. im just Trying to sell it before i leave for Florida for a month. i didn't want it to sit for a month . i got a guy coming Thursday i hope i sell it :)

SRH
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
thats just kids dreaming....and really id say 90% of ppl dont have $400 that they want to say hey jr go buy a bike

there are more dads who will say **** that well buy a new honda dirtbike for $50 a month on the honda card thing is most ppl on craigslist looking for a $500 wheeler dont have credit LOL

even ppl making 150k a yr...they finance themsevles into a fancy looking poverty and force themselves into slavery lol

madsmokey12
01-04-2011, 11:04 PM
lol i think it's sad my phone cost 2x that. i don't Finance i pay cash for everything i own. i don't like to buy new i bought new Kawasaki KX 65 a few years ago prob used it 10 hours payed $3,500 sold for $1,000 lol . im sure one day soon ill be at the Yamaha Dealer buying the New Yamaha Sport Quad when it comes out lol

wilkin250r
01-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I can understand when people don't have a lot of money, I've been at points in my life when I didn't have two nickels to rub together.

But I wasn't shopping for toys during those times, either. If anybody ever asked me to finance them, I'd laugh at them right before I hung up on them. I'd be personally insulted.

tri5ron
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Well I felt like I got a pretty good deal,
when Pappy offered to finance my Forum Membership fees for me at $50 per month, rather than having to pay him the full $500 annual fee right up front.

He told me that the fees may be going up sometime this year. He said he'd be happy to draw up a 5 year contract for me, at the old price, but I'd need to sign up by the end of this week for him to be able to do it.
What do you guys think?, it that a good deal ? can I pay it with paypal? or do I have to send cash ???

toby400ex
01-05-2011, 01:15 AM
If you don't have the cash for a toy that is $400 you sure as $hit shouldnt be buying it............. I had someone asking if I could tank payments on the YFZ I sold, my reply.........I'm not a bank, get a loan.

madsmokey12
01-05-2011, 10:42 AM
i asked what else he could trade for the difference of the money i think was was fare about it. these days you gotta watch your self. im not gonna just give some one a dirt bike with out full payment. i might have a copy of their drivers license and a contract. But you can't Prove anything the next day they will sell it and im screwed. i don't need to sell it so im not getting into any shady Deals. i had some one said if i finance it to them they would pay me $800 by the 28th. and i said ok come look at it put a Deposit on it and it will be Sitting here for you on the 28th. they were like we want the bike now lol

ben300
01-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by tri5ron
Well I felt like I got a pretty good deal,
when Pappy offered to finance my Forum Membership fees for me at $50 per month, rather than having to pay him the full $500 annual fee right up front.

He told me that the fees may be going up sometime this year. He said he'd be happy to draw up a 5 year contract for me, at the old price, but I'd need to sign up by the end of this week for him to be able to do it.
What do you guys think?, it that a good deal ? can I pay it with paypal? or do I have to send cash ???

i dunno ron...you gotta watch those pay pal guys. they're crafty.

im glad your paying your atvriders taxes though....im also glad that obama had them put that atvriders clause in the stimulus bill back when, that way, i, being a poor person, dont have to pay my fees, cause they're covered by yours...:devil: :chinese:

haha..

on a serious note...if someone asked me to finance, id ask them to take a hike

06typeS
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't work out payments with people, its just hard to trust that someone will come back and give you the rest of the money.

Easier just to say come back in a couple weeks with the cash, if the bike is still here its yours.

Agree with others its hard that people have no cash in these times, but then again a dirt bike prob shouldn't be on the list either.

BlaineKaiser450
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Its rediculous the things people offer you when you sell stuff. I was offered $500 shipped for a built 450r motor in good shape which I was asking $1100 for, and he got mad at me when I said no and he said that I'll never sell it for that, which I just did.

CJM
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I dont do payments, unless of course you want to give me something of much more value as collateral.

Like IDK the title to thier car, dont pay me and I come repo my car.