PDA

View Full Version : I need an Answer

trx400exrider14
01-04-2011, 04:40 PM
ok,so i know i post gay questions,but im new kinda to quads and im just trying to learn,so please dont give me a hard time,but um,being the klutz i am i wrecked,i broke my handlebars,they were not oversized,so if i get new bars can i get any size that isnt oversized?

Nac's22
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
There is only 7/8" and 1 1/8" bars available. So just get a set of 7/8" bars and some new grips and you are good to go.

NacsMXer
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Yes, stock bars are 7/8" diameter which is considered "standard size" bars. ATV or dirt bike bars will work.

Keep in mind there's a lot of different "bends" of bars to choose from. They all have different heights, widths, and pullbacks which give each bend a different feel.

trx400exrider14
01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
ok,thanks guys,im a noob at this stuff,i just dont wanna order them and get the wrong size,im very impatient,theyre not stock though,they were msr,they were on there when i got it,i might just get some renthal bars

99400esex
01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Pro taper makes some good bars, check out the 7/8's styles, they work good for my and are very comfortable.

MtnEX
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
If you don't know... how do you learn without asking?

Don't worry about that stuff, just ask what you need to.
We all had to start out learning from some point.

Myself, I think 7/8" bars are fine, but do have a couple sets of the tapered to 1 1/8" bars. One Renthal set and one Protaper set.

If you want to use the fatter bars, you will need a set of mounts for that size... or they make a conversion mount that fits the stock base.

The specs of the bar bends is really the tricky part. You may want to buy your first set local so you can actually see and put your hands on them. Then in the future you have a bend you can reference future choices against.

I for example tend to dislike bars with much "sweep/pull-back" which is the amount the bars angle back at the grips. So I like Renthal and Protaper bends with less... or other brands with similar specs.

But everyone is different.

trx400exrider14
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by MtnEX
If you don't know... how do you learn without asking?

Don't worry about that stuff, just ask what you need to.
We all had to start out learning from some point.

Myself, I think 7/8" bars are fine, but do have a couple sets of the tapered to 1 1/8" bars. One Renthal set and one Protaper set.

If you want to use the fatter bars, you will need a set of mounts for that size... or they make a conversion mount that fits the stock base.

The specs of the bar bends is really the tricky part. You may want to buy your first set local so you can actually see and put your hands on them. Then in the future you have a bend you can reference future choices against.

I for example tend to dislike bars with much "sweep/pull-back" which is the amount the bars angle back at the grips. So I like Renthal and Protaper bends with less... or other brands with similar specs.

But everyone is different. yea,well i got some renthal low bend 7/8.but also the same day i found msr low bend 7/8 for really cheap,so i got both and put msr on until they bend then i will put renthal,they are about the same bend so they are alright for me,and yea,i used to ride dirtbikes and now im alot more interested in quads,i just wanna know the right way of things

slightlybent47
01-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I run the stock bend but use Rynthal. That seems comfy to me. If your tall you may try a higher rise in the bend. But yea there are so many choices, so I just went with the stock bend.

And don’t let the trolls scare you off, try to ignore them if ya can.

slightlybent47
01-08-2011, 11:49 PM
One thing to consider, and I have herd this but have no proof but it dose make some since.
Bars with a cross bar on them are stiffer and so they transmit more vibration and bump steer to the rider. Bars that don’t have one supposedly will flex just a little bit and reduce some of that vibration. At least that’s what I herd.

The ones with the extra cross bar are stronger and may not bend as easy, but when a 400+ lb quad lands on the roof, something always seems to bend anyway.

AtvKid4Eva
01-09-2011, 09:41 AM
you can run oversized bars on a stock stem with an adapter but the problem is that if you wreck the stem will bend before the oversized bars, which in my opinion is worse. if you run an aftermarket stem they are stronger and then you run oversized bars with an anti vibe clamp.