PDA

View Full Version : Point me in the right direction for my sons LT80 mods

stateboy
01-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I am at a loss trying to figure out what would be the best combo for my sons bone stock 06 LT80. He rides with a little boy that has a new 90cc raptor and the other kid out runs him all of the time. I noticed one post stating that the best exhaust out there was the CT brand and that the foam filter was a better option than the K&N. Who out there has a great combo outfitted that is proven? I appreciate any feedback. I have always been a four stroker so this is my first 2 stroker. My son loves it but keeps asking me to make it faster so the neighbor doesn't out run him any more. HELP!!!

hasbeenttduner
01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
That should be easy. Read through this section of the forums and you will find several threads about the basic improvements that can be made. There is a very strange guy on here that goes by lt80. He will give you great tips and answers to your questions.
:D

stateboy
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you for responding. I just don't know where to start. I was going to buy the kit from the mini... place but if the FMF isn't going to really help then I wanted to get parts worth the money.

hasbeenttduner
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Hold on and wait. I am sure he will be through here and post soon. Do yourself a favor and don't do any of those things until you do some research here and hear what lt80 has to say.

chris grissom
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Give me a call and I can help you put together a package that will not disapoint. Chris Grissom 731-642-0511 after 4:00

doonanracing
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Wayne Haggerty Might be a good resource. I know he has won mutiple national titles using a lt80 and he really knew how to make them fast. He had his son race one up to last season and he brought it out at a race in New York. He is one of the sponsors listed on the forum to contact him.

mmsoup
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Just my .02 but Wayne would tell you to speak with Chris as well.

Nobody in the country better with that machine, no kidding.

Would bet that he built Waynes LT80's

LT80
01-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Chris is a good guy!

doonanracing
01-05-2011, 09:53 AM
There you go. If Chris built Wayne's motor then you will not find a better contact or person to get you the most useable power anywhere. I know that LT80 could run with allot of those toofast cvt motors and Chris is one of the best for engine builders out there. Now hopefully your friend does not contact Chris for his motor. LOL