PDA

View Full Version : What size rear tires?

kbnorth99
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I have a couple sets of rear tires for my 400ex. I have stock 20x10's and a set of Razr 18x10's. The 20's are great for general use but the extra traction of the Razr's is great when I'm on the practice tracks. I'm tired of swapping tires back and forth so I am thinking of getting one set of Razr's or Holeshot's for all situations. I'm not racing so the lower profile of the 18's doesn't do me that much good. I used to have a set of 22's that came on the quad and the extra clearance was nice.

So what I'm wondering is should I get a set of 20's for my all-purpose use or get 22's. Would an extra inch of height matter on the track for a recreational rider? And do you guys prefer Razr's or Holeshot's? Or something else?

Please chime in.

Scro
01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
20" rears is a good size for general purpose. If you do want something a little smaller, there are a few tires that come to mind that are labelled 20", but once mounted, measure out to be around 19"-19.5". The 20" ITP GNCC and the 20" GBC X'rex both measure about this size.

GBC's are becoming very popular in GNCC racing. They can be had for a fraction of the cost of ITP and Maxxis. I prefer 20" Maxxis Razr rears, though.

motochamp250
01-04-2011, 02:38 PM
+1 When I was trail riding and "mxing" some i ran 20" rzrs on the rear. They didn't bother me on the track and were good for the trails and mine got good tread life.

hunter