PDA

View Full Version : WTB red fiberglass hood and tank cover

DnB_racing
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
does any one have a red hood with raised grill and matching red tank cover, I looked at fourwerx but they only have the fullbore and no tank cover,
I would hate to paint one of those works of art!!!

I dont want plastic maier but if I cant find anything else I will...

if anyone has a scratched up piece that's not cracked then I wouldn't mind painting a scratched one, any one has something or knows were to get these please let me know,

if fourwerx would sell me a set without the finish that would work!!

C-LEIGH RACING
01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
You ever seen one of the Feathercarbon hoods, with the straight up vent hole ??.
He calls them the big ugly, I guess cause it dont look like the Quadtech hoods.

I have one of those made out of the deep red carbon fiber materal, almost burgandy looking materal. Not painted, the materal is that color.

http://www.feathercarbon.com
I think hes still in production.
Neil

Jonny B
01-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I didnt know feather carbon made an oem style hood that includes the headlight....that looks pretty cool. What do you guys think???

DnB_racing
01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
thanks, I have seen the look of what your talking about Neil,
however,Im thinking that I want to keep the stock colors, something like troys buddy Dan has, its a retro look still has gold a ams, but updated with new aftermarket parts but the same look!!

C-LEIGH RACING
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Yea, I just seen that, cool. So I guess hes still operating.

I've got one of the flat feathercarbon hoods in black as well, just like the regular flat racing hood.

Both these hoods are new, I've had them for awhile & never bolted on, just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.
We run Laker Custom Plastic fenders, so no need for them.
Neil

DnB_racing
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I just spoke to Jason at fourwerx and he is just starting a new production run for 250 parts, sound like hes got a few new items coming for us!!
he is open for any suggestions and orders that we have, hes a great guy and is definitely interested in the 250 market!!!

any one that needs any carbon items call Jason and he will try his best to do what you need!!!!

the parts im looking for are in the oven now!!!! if anyone needs a hood like this one let him know now, he is only making three, unless people ask for more!!!

troybilt
01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
thanks, I have seen the look of what your talking about Neil,
however,Im thinking that I want to keep the stock colors, something like troys buddy Dan has, its a retro look still has gold a ams, but updated with new aftermarket parts but the same look!!

I bet Dan might sell you that hood... just saying. I had one identical but sold it to go with a Carbon Fiber one. Yep, Jay is an awesome dude and glad he's still keeping the 250r stuff alive!

DnB_racing
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I bet Dan might sell you that hood... just saying. I had one identical but sold it to go with a Carbon Fiber one. Yep, Jay is an awesome dude and glad he's still keeping the 250r stuff alive! wasn't that one for fulbore plastics that you guys did some fabrication to fit the stokers?? I love the look of that quad ..too bad hes parting it, that's the look im going for with my new build,

Troy.... Jason mentioned your name and said that he sometimes has you keep him up to date as far as what we might need!! keep him going with ideas, hes got some nice looking stuff

troybilt
01-04-2011, 11:54 AM
wasn't that one for fulbore plastics that you guys did some fabrication to fit the stokers?? I love the look of that quad ..too bad hes parting it, that's the look im going for with my new build,

Troy.... Jason mentioned your name and said that he sometimes has you keep him up to date as far as what we might need!! keep him going with ideas, hes got some nice looking stuff

I gotcha I mis-read your first post. I was thinking you needed one for your fullbores... Ooops my bad.

Yea I visit with Jay pretty much daily about parts, if there is anything you all think you need let me know and I'll be sure and mention it to him. He's got some pretty trick stuff coming that I've heard about, I can't wait to see it... I sure like my stuff that I've bought from him over the years.

danhung11
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
wasn't that one for fulbore plastics that you guys did some fabrication to fit the stokers?? I love the look of that quad ..too bad hes parting it, that's the look im going for with my new build,

I'm not parting it, I'm just making some upgrades. :p

As far as the hood, this one here is for Fullbore fenders, we just attached it to an OEM hood. Look closely at the fender lines and also in the grill insert. I thought it turned out pretty good. :ermm:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/100_1487.jpg

DnB_racing
01-05-2011, 05:57 AM
are you keeping the hood Dan???
I already told jason that I wanted on from his new batch in a few weeks but if your selling that one I might be interesred

danhung11
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
are you keeping the hood Dan???
I already told jason that I wanted on from his new batch in a few weeks but if your selling that one I might be interesred

If the plastics and tank go, then the hood will go. Are the new style for OEM mounting style?

DnB_racing
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
If the plastics and tank go, then the hood will go. Are the new style for OEM mounting style? if your talking the new one from fourwerx, then yes he only has a few that will be ready within the next 4-6 weeks, if you want something call him, from what it sounds like he is actuall in the prosses of taking orders and going from there!!

danhung11
01-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Hoods for sale, check the classifieds.

Thanks.