PDA

View Full Version : I need help guys

honda_rider21
01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
My z400 wont crank with the button when i go to ride in the morning or after it sits for the night i have to roll start it but after that it cranks but when it cranks it kind of cuts in and out...my pops thinks it is the valves need to be adjust nbecause you can hear them rattling...i know they need to be adjust just need to figure out the starting problem ive heard it could also be the timing chain? some one help mw out i am ready to get it running perfect

RATPACK Z400
01-04-2011, 05:01 PM
What yr Z ? if its a ticking sound most likely it the timing chain as for electrical starting problem check battery,then shake wiring when running to see if it shuts off, could be broken wire in harness coming off handlebars down to radiator under right front fender.but try hunting down connectors too check if connected and not wet/rusted inside. that way you might only need to get timing chain/valves done and not extra money on them finding /fixing electrical problem they charge a fortune to work on your quad at dealer !theres, another wire to check too by fan it hooks to sparkplug then to a box on frame by fan shake that too!

honda_rider21
01-04-2011, 07:51 PM
it is a o4 and thanks man i will check all those wires when i get time probably wont be until this weekend.