PDA

View Full Version : water dripping out of carrier

2001400exrida
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
the last couple times i have gone to adjust my chain slack, i noticed it.

when i loosen the 4 allen bolts on the back of the swingarm water will start dripping out of my carrier or swingarm right under the carrier.

does this happen to anybody else? It can't be good that i'm getting water in my carrier bearings.

CJM
01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I could tell you why...but nah..you should know since you seem to know everything else.

honda400ex2003
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 2001400exrida

when i loosen the 4 allen bolts on the back of the swingarm water will start dripping out of my carrier or swingarm right under the carrier.

does this happen to anybody else? It can't be good that i'm getting water in my carrier bearings.

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0081.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

Originally posted by CJM
I could tell you why...but nah..you should know since you seem to know everything else.

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0191.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

steve

rinconrider
01-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0081.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0191.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

steve

haha

had that coming rida...

gotta cool it a bit man. you ask some pretty lame questions for as much as you think you know on all your other replies.

check your seals on both sides along with the sealed bearings. they are probably leaking through and holding water in the middle of the carrier.

99400esex
01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
2001400exrida is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

AtvKid4Eva
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CJM

hahahaha that made my night! how can you know so much about everything but not know why there would be water dripping from your carrier? hilarious.

honda400ex2003
01-03-2011, 09:58 PM
made mine also! thanks marc! gotta love this site! steve

426kidz
01-03-2011, 11:14 PM
:blah: :blah: :D :D :blah::blah: HAHAHHAHA!...I SEEN THIS ONE COMING,Well done by the way.

slightlybent47
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM

Take it apart, clean it up, replace the seals, check the bearings and repack. Put it back together, maybe you’ll learn something.http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-10704.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

jcs003
01-04-2011, 01:41 AM
after you check everything and replace or whatever. coat everything in marine/waterproof grease.

2001400exrida
01-04-2011, 05:44 AM
i just put the rear end together. It has brand new seals and bearings and everything. I noticed it did it on my new one too so i think it's normal after washing or running through a creek.

I had run through a creek right before i adjusted my chain the other day and i think that's why there was water in there.

I'll answer my own question in this case. It's got nothing to do with knowing everything haha. I just wouldn't use a punch to adjust the chain slack ok CJM. no reason to get offended since you use that method haha.

2001400exrida
01-04-2011, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
hahahaha that made my night! how can you know so much about everything but not know why there would be water dripping from your carrier? hilarious.

if you're such a genius why dont' you give a good response?

I asked the local tech here and he said it's pretty normal to have some water in there if you have washed it or anything. My bearings and seals are brand new as is the rear end.

As i stated before after adjusting the chain on my new one i noticed it leaked water out too after i had washed it. So it's normal then.

i just opened it back up and nothing came out....hmm...I'm going to pack more grease in there and hopefully i'll get a better seal. I think it's going in through one of the sides would be my guess.

2001400exrida
01-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by rinconrider
haha

had that coming rida...

gotta cool it a bit man. you ask some pretty lame questions for as much as you think you know on all your other replies.

check your seals on both sides along with the sealed bearings. they are probably leaking through and holding water in the middle of the carrier.

not a lame question in my book, and no i won't cool it down. i simply post my opinions when i see bull honky, i figure i can save people time if they do things right!

i'm in the process of reassembling everything, i used the manual when i put the 450r rear end on there so i did everything according to specifications, i'm wondering if i didn't get my allens tight enough initially.

rinconrider
01-04-2011, 08:20 AM

I'll answer my own question in this case. It's got nothing to do with knowing everything haha. I just wouldn't use a punch to adjust the chain slack ok CJM. no reason to get offended since you use that method haha.

i am sure glad you are around... i dont know what i would do without your opinions.

congrats on answering it your question sort of. not really much of an answer though for doing so imo.

if you read the responses from multiple people on this thread you were told that the seals are probably bad or installed incorrectly. water should not come out of it after a water hole.

take it back apart, find the ones that are broken and replace. it doesnt take much to get them out of wack in there.

rinconrider
01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
not a lame question in my book, and no i won't cool it down. i simply post my opinions when i see bull honky, i figure i can save people time if they do things right!

you wont be around long with that mentality. theres no need for it on this forum. everyone can play nice on the slide or you can get pushed from the top.

you have now been forewarned and will be reported in the future by what looks like multiple people. this is a place for clean fun, no need to get like that.

on a side note at least there is no swearing. thanks!

2001400exrida
01-04-2011, 08:30 AM
don't threaten me with a "forewarned".

i don't need to be treated like a child. Everybody has an opinion on here. Take it as you will but do not threaten me with fore-warnings.

u can report me all you want, i believe you will need a viable reason though.

i just got the rear end back together, nothing looked damaged or out of whack so i'm assuming maybe i didn't get my allens tight enough in the back.

thanks for the few that responded with help, i was wondering if this has happened to anybody else, i didn't need all the "owned" stuff haha.

glad i could entertain you long time posters.

rinconrider
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
you act like one, why not treat you like one too...

im not threatening either. only a click away by numerous people for comments like that. just giving a heads up.

no thank you for the fun last night.

was quite cool.

trailrider894
01-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by rinconrider
you act like one, why not treat you like one too...

im not threatening either. only a click away by numerous people for comments like that. just giving a heads up.

no thank you for the fun last night.

was quite cool.

I've been telling this guy the same thing... Its aggravating when these guys come on and seem to think they know everything. It seems like everyone always agree's on everything except one or two people. When those one or two people have the whole forum against them they turn hostile and start freaking out and bashing people and defending themselves. I have done that myself in the past, it has all come down to how mature you are. If you are mature enough to accept others opinions and realize that might work as good and or better than your way of doing it, then you will get credit. I always try to throw something into my posts about how the other person's opinion isn't a bad idea or something like that just to keep the peace but then throw in my .02 on how it should be done. 2001400exrida, i just finished telling you on another thread that one day you will be but to shame... This right here should prove that it just happened and will continue until you can stop your prideful mentality and grow a set.

Sorry for the long post, I guess being descriptive and long winded is what i was taught in my last CJ class.... Darn cops.

2001400exrida
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
when have i got hostile and started freaking out?

i was not put to shame at all, if you call this putting me to shame that's fine.

it's seems you folks can't accept my opinions on quads, that's fine but i don't like seeing bad advice, sorry if i step in and give my personal experiences.

your post was not accurrate at all trailrider.

never once have i got hostile and started freaking out! in fact, it's the other's who tend to do that when i give a difference of opinion.

trailrider, i have a set if you'd like to come check them out sometime, they're hanging low buddy.

BASED ON MY PAST THREADS.

165 main jet is too big for just a slip on.

using a punch to adjust our chain slack is wrong.

sorry these are 2 arguments i presented, and i think they're legit. Also, in the past i noted that shaving the shock is the best way to mount the 450r shocks, well after i did the install i found that CJM's method of cutting the frame a hair is actually better.

i noted this in that thread!

i have no problem admitting that i'm wrong, however, like i said i prefer to step in when i see people suggesting methods that do harm or make things harder.

now, i'm glad you all could step up and try to bring me down in this thread, but i'm not here to gain all of your love, i'm here for knowledge, and if i can give some i certainly will, especially when i see bad advice as i have several times now.

go ahead and get it all out in this thread, i wanna hear what you got fella's.

rinconrider
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
just for some fun...

http://blogs.gnome.org/muelli/wp-content/blogs.dir/141/files//2009/02/you_are_being_monitored.jpg

trailrider894
01-04-2011, 10:48 AM

trailrider, i have a set if you'd like to come check them out sometime, they're hanging low buddy.

Nah... thats okay. I'm not gay.

Well, if you are smarter than some of us then act like it dude. We would never give bad advice... we give advice out of years of personal experience, and would never suggest it if it hadn't been working for all those years.

Rincon rider, i love the pic!! You da bomb!!

2001400exrida
01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Nah... thats okay. I'm not gay.

Well, if you are smarter than some of us then act like it dude. We would never give bad advice... we give advice out of years of personal experience, and would never suggest it if it hadn't been working for all those years.

Rincon rider, i love the pic!! You da bomb!!

well you told me to grow a set so i figured i'd offer to show ya what's hanging. never mentioned you were gay, i just offered proof if you're interested.

otherwise don't assume that i need to grow a pair sonny.

i never said i was smarter that anybody.

AGAIN, for the 10th time, i give my opinion and if i see something that i don't agree with i give my personal experience on it! never said i was smarter than any of you, i just don't believe in certain things, such as using a punch to drive your carrier back, and also jetting for a slip on with a 165 main jet. those are 2 things i don't agree with so i stated my personal opinion and experience on those matters as well as several others.

take it as you will but don't become angry and hostile towards me when i post a question. as i said before i'm not here for your love, i'm here for sharing knowledge.

trailrider894
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
well you told me to grow a set so i figured i'd offer to show ya what's hanging. never mentioned you were gay, i just offered proof if you're interested.

otherwise don't assume that i need to grow a pair sonny.

i never said i was smarter that anybody.

AGAIN, for the 10th time, i give my opinion and if i see something that i don't agree with i give my personal experience on it! never said i was smarter than any of you, i just don't believe in certain things, such as using a punch to drive your carrier back, and also jetting for a slip on with a 165 main jet. those are 2 things i don't agree with so i stated my personal opinion and experience on those matters as well as several others.

take it as you will but don't become angry and hostile towards me when i post a question. as i said before i'm not here for your love, i'm here for sharing knowledge.

Ha ha we are totally beating a dead horse here... lol You are just as stubborn as me. So, whoops... looks like my finger slipped and hit the ignore button.... :blah: Learn from the people that know better.

QuadJunkies
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Mine has never leaked water...
Sounds like its the outer seal has been compromised somehow.

Btw... pissy matches can be done in private. Keep it off the boards.