PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leak

rd2005
01-02-2011, 10:21 PM
We have an 08 Apex 90cc bike with a coolant leak. It comes from the right side. It is not leaking from the 2 liquid hoses. We originally thought it was coming from the pump cap but it was not. We then thought it was coming from the pump body. So we took sealant and went around the pump body & sealed it up (also note that the gasket was in great shape). But we still have a leak. Where is this coming from? It does not leak allot but drips when the engine is running. On the Apex E3 Liquid I'ump ***'y drawing there is a seal is this where it's coming from? What do we need to buy to fix this? Is it a Water Pump issue & do we need a water pump repair kit? We are used to 4 strokes so this 2-stroke liquid cooled bike is tripping us up! Thanks again all for any advice. :confused:

selbygirl
01-03-2011, 05:35 AM
you may need a new water pump seal hot quads or g-force sell them the water pump rebuild kits are like 20 bucks or just a seal if you plan on racing start stocking up on parts mini quads are like grazing animals they love to eat the green stuff take care tommy

tyler70t
01-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Tommy is right. Just buy a water pump rebuild kit and rebuild the water pump. Make sure that the seals are put in correctly when you rebuild it, if they are not it will leak right away after you do the rebuild. Then get another one of those kits to keep in the trailer, you'll need it @ a later date................Jeff

nordic quad
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Also check your headbolts,we had a leak caused by this 2 days ago,other than that i absolutely agree with the other guys:D
Stein A

tyler70t
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Is the anti-freeze coming out the bottom of the flywheel cover?

selbygirl
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
WHEN I PUT MY WATER PUMP SHAFT THREW THE SEAL I LUBERCATE VERY LITELY WITH DISH DETERGENT SO THE SHAFT DOESNT GO IN DRY AND TEAR THE SEAL TAKE CARE TOMMY

rd2005
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
I have ordered a water repair kit so it's on it's way just in case. I do wonder about the head bolt though so I will be be checking that this evening & will post back if it could the issue. Thanks for all the posts on here. You all are GREAT! :D

Hooligan
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by rd2005
We are used to 4 strokes so this 2-stroke liquid cooled bike is tripping us up! Thanks again all for any advice. :confused:

Ughhh, man I agree with that! I've got 100 YFZ parts all over the garage and know where they go, yet I'm afraid to take a side case off the Apex or DRR in case rollers, springs, clips, belts, etc. fly off! lmao :eek:

rd2005
01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Hooligan
Ughhh, man I agree with that! I've got 100 YFZ parts all over the garage and know where they go, yet I'm afraid to take a side case off the Apex or DRR in case rollers, springs, clips, belts, etc. fly off! lmao :eek:

Glad someone feels the same way! (LOL) Also I think it's a bit more tricky when you don't have a local Apex/DRR/Cobra dealer just down the road to ask a question or run the bike by & say so what do you think?

I really Love the APEX though & very happy with it! Just leery about messing with things till I get a feel for them. There's that trial & error thing again...& oh I love YouTube...it does show some helpful stuff! :)