PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder link questions...

jcs003
01-02-2011, 05:21 AM
i have a longer shock. about a 1/2" longer than stock. i was wondering if the gt link would allow me to use this shock?

i know the link will lower the rear of the quad. any input would be appreciated.

400man
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I really doubt you would have any problems with the shock, should work fine.

jcs003
01-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by 400man
I really doubt you would have any problems with the shock, should work fine.

thanks. it just doesnt work with the stock link. so my theory is it will fit and keep the ride height similiar while allowing more travel.

i cant determine for sure without dimensions of the gtt link. if this works out it might be a good set-up for others.

dustin_j
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
So you are saying it physically doesn't fit into a quad with the stock link? What do you hope to achieve with it rather than using the stock shock (rebuilt) with the GTT link? I think it'll fit, but I haven't had my shock off for awhile.

jcs003
01-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by dustin_j
So you are saying it physically doesn't fit into a quad with the stock link? What do you hope to achieve with it rather than using the stock shock (rebuilt) with the GTT link? I think it'll fit, but I haven't had my shock off for awhile.

since i have the shock, and it has recently been rebuilt i dont want to send it back out for redundant work and shortening.

my gain would be more wheel/shock travel while maintaining stock or close to stock ride height.

baseically the stock linkage isnt long enough to accomadate my application.

this is what i know: the GT linkage lowers ride height while increasing wheel travel. also, i know it lowers the ride height about 2" depending on sag setting. knowing this with the longer shock i have, i am assuming it will work.

thanks for the hepl dustin. you seem to be very knowledgable in the suspension area.