PDA

View Full Version : New Quad tracks for District 22

Varmit57
02-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Last year in Iowa we lost one of the best MX tracks that we had to race on. It was at the Lamoni MX park, they had a seprate track for quads but the promoter said that for what they got out of it it was not worth the upkeep.

The good news is that we gained three new MX tracks that all are running quads and a some of the tracks have anounced that they will have some quad only races for this year!

You can see the tenitive schedule at www.ia-district22.com (http://www.ia-district22.com).

oynot400
02-12-2003, 07:57 PM
That is great news! Where are the 3 new tracks?
Have you heard anything about Waterloo? It sounds like Bob Shaver is getting out of it. However at the Arena Cross races in CR I heard that someone else is going to step up and take over. :)

Varmit57
02-12-2003, 08:47 PM
The new tracks are Pine Hill, Marne, IA - Two Rivers, Randolph, IA and at Macon City at the fair grounds. There is also to races this year in Boone at the ski slope...

Last I heard from Waterloo is that a couple of the regulars up there are going to take over the track... More Power to them, that is a great place to ride and watch.

Nausty
03-16-2003, 01:58 PM
I was up at Webers Cycle Center friday and I think I got the final word on the track. From what I understand they are still gonna have races sept its gonna be flat track racing. I guess the guy who runs the indoor races during the winter is running it.

Varmit57
03-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Sounds like that Flat track may go in Waterloo... Too bad, that 70 footer that they had was a riot!!!!!

Oh well, win some - lose some....

Frist race tomorow at Winterset.........

BigThumper33
03-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Last time I checked we didnt lose Lamoni. Or am I out of date? I got my letter with track info a few days ago, I didn't see BIKE ONLY on lamoni. Anyway, the randolph track says bike only. SULLY is running a quad only day also. I would be making winterset, but the ex is in pieces :( I am hoping to be there on the 13th however. I'm going to try and run points this season in the open B.

Any of you know Will Dam?