PDA

View Full Version : Central NJ trails

YZBlast11
01-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Im not exactly new to riding in the woods, but when i rode a few years ago i used to ride on the black tracks near flagtown n hillsborogh. now i hear u cant ride there n cops r chasing kids outta there.
does anyone know of ne places to ride quads thats not hrs away from the flemington/bridgewater area?

CJM
01-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Not to much up there at all anymore, buddy I know comes all the way from edison to jackson to ride the trails by me.

Once it warms up and the snow melts we go again.

vinrock
06-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I know the owner of that land, nobody is supposed to ride there really. His sons and their buddies used to, but a huge portion has recently been sold to developers.

The place is also dangerous if you are not familiar with the land. The black track is an old coal mining track with sections of bridge missing. August of last year a local kid almost died when suddenly there was no ground beneath him and he slammed into the concrete support on the other side.

http://www.nj.com/messenger-gazette/index.ssf/2010/08/hillsborough_man_thrown_from_motorcycle_flown_by_m edevac_helicopter_to_new_brunswick_hospital.html

Not much riding around here any more. 8 track got shut down years ago, I don't think anyone really rides at the brick factory any more either. You've basically got the tracks to follow or go out to PA.