PDA

View Full Version : 99 400 ex carb issues

ctjim
12-31-2010, 12:23 PM
i had my quad put away for about 1 yr and i pulled it back out recently. b4 putting it away i drained the tank and ran the carb out of fuel. took it out and got it running again but the carb was gunked up, cleaned it out and it started to always pour gas from the overflow. so i pulled the carb and put a rebuild kit in new everything including fuel valve and float. it still leaks fuel out the over flow. is it possible that i need a new carb? i'm thinking that fuel is somehow passing by the fuel valve and it keeps filling the bowl to where it overflows.

rubbersdown
12-31-2010, 12:36 PM
did you replace the fuel valve seat too? The seat and valve should always be replaced as a pair.

DragonGunner
12-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Ya, your float seat isn't seating all the way...it is possiable you have grit in your tank an gas is taking it down to the carb an it keeps the float seat from closing. I like running filters on my gas lines.

ctjim
01-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by rubbersdown
did you replace the fuel valve seat too? The seat and valve should always be replaced as a pair.
i don't think the fuel valve seat is replaceble there wasn't 1 in the rebuild kit and on the honda parts diagram it doesn't list the seat as a part# or even show it.