PDA

View Full Version : Carb trouble

Nathan91
12-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Been attempting to jet my bike, just put in the new pilot jet and went to put the splash guard back on when a small round rubber piece fell out of it. I can't see where it came from, somewhere under the splash guard. Maybe under the float? I cant really tell. Also if you can tell me how to put it back in that'd be great too, thanks.

426kidz
12-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Id go too service honda and check the diagram out till you find what it is and it will show where it goes.....:confused:

DragonGunner
12-31-2010, 06:04 AM
Is it about 1" in dia.? Does it have a hollow spot on one side an solid on the other? Does it have shallow grooves all the wway around it on the outside? If so its for your seat plastic to lock onto. You sould see one just like it for the other side.

rooster300ex
12-31-2010, 06:08 AM
pic of piece and I could tell ya.

Nathan91
12-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone, I got the carb going. Just looked at a diagram some more. But she's still backfiring a little so im gonna mess with the jet a bit more and hopefully get it to stop backfiring. Thanks again everyone.

DragonGunner
12-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Nathan91
Thanks for all the help everyone, I got the carb going. Just looked at a diagram some more. But she's still backfiring a little so im gonna mess with the jet a bit more and hopefully get it to stop backfiring. Thanks again everyone.

Turn out the air mixture screw a little at a time....sounds a little lean.