PDA

View Full Version : Apex 90 trans question

QuadRacer041
12-30-2010, 04:55 AM
I have a question about the trans, it seems that you really need to lay into the throttle before the quad starts to move, I would say it doesnt start to roll until you reach half throttle. Once the trans starts to grab the thing hauls *****. But being that my daughter is coming off a Cam Am 90 and the Apex is so much fatser I want to ease her into into it. I am fairly new to the Apex and cvt's in general but is there a way to adjust the stall speed (so to speak) on the quad? I would like it to start to grab at a much lower rpm even if I am sacrificing top end, at least for now.

nastynotchback1
12-30-2010, 09:21 AM
What's kind of clutch does it have on it now?You can change the shoe springs.Rollers will change the stall alittle.If it has an adjustable clutch you can take some tension off the shoe springs.These little motors need a certain stall speed to get them to run correctly

QuadRacer041
12-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Right now it is completely stock.

biggfurm6881
12-30-2010, 11:44 AM
If I was you I would just change out your springs on the clutch change out the big one and the three little ones and put 1500 on all of them and you should be good to go

nordic quad
12-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Try some heavyer rollers and adjust the trottle screw first.If this dont work you can change clutchsprings to get a lower stall just remember there is diffrence between the brands even tho the have the same rpm rating.Site sponsors Hetrick and G-force should be able to help you out with this.IMO
Stein A

Your stock set up?

http://www.apexatv.com/2009%20Apex%20Site%20by%20488/Tech%20Suport.htm

tyler70t
12-31-2010, 08:16 AM
The best thing to do is call G-Force, Hetrick or Hot Quads. All these guys are great and very helpful to the mini quad world. I see you are in NJ are you planning to race?