PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Kits?

trx400Rider
12-30-2010, 01:33 AM
What would be a good clutch kit to install on a 416? My clutch is starting to finally give, so replacement is a must soon!
Ive seen so far, OEM clutch kits, EBC's, Barnetts, Hinson's and Tusk. Im sure theres more ha.
I'd like to stay under a 150$ If thats possible lol..

Red_250EX_Rider
12-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by trx400Rider
What would be a good clutch kit to install on a 416? My clutch is starting to finally give, so replacement is a must soon!
Ive seen so far, OEM clutch kits, EBC's, Barnetts, Hinson's and Tusk. Im sure theres more ha.
I'd like to stay under a 150$ If thats possible lol..

Your right about more. Try ebay i tried it and came with a bunch of results for under 150$.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=400ex+clutch+kit&_sacat=See-All-Categories

DragonGunner
12-30-2010, 05:57 AM
My 1999 still has the original OEM clutch, lots of races an 4 top end rebuilds, probably 4 or 5 new clutch cables...but still the same clutch. When I got it I thought ablout putting in the Hinson clutch basket an so on...$$...I ended up calling a place in Nevada, I can't remember the name but it was where a guy by the name of "Abbott" was at, he operated it I think an was on several Huevos video's...one of his people told me I would be wasting my money on the new clutch baskets an clutches. Told me to buy some heavy duty clutch springs an I would get longer life out of my clutch. I then ordered heavy duty clutch springs from White Brothers for a few bucks. That guy that saved me money an sold me on the clutch springs was right!!!

CJM
12-30-2010, 09:27 AM
OEM or tusk is what most prefer. Can get the HD springs as well but no need if you know how to use the clutch.

NacsMXer
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Upgrade to an 8 plate clutch kit from Sparks Racing. Stock is 7 plates with less holding power. It's the best bang for your buck by far, and bolts in with no mods. $140

I love my complete Hinson 8 plate clutch with OEM plates but it sure didn't cost me 140 lol. It was about 4 times that much. If I had a second choice it would be the Sparks 8 plate kit, for the cost it's a no brainer.

http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layouts/02/unsecure/item.asp?SiteID=223&DepartmentID=85&CategoryID=949&GroupID=7034&ItemID=36574&StartNum=1&Sort=&ShowPics=0&ListByCode=1&Brand=&GenderAgeGroupID=0&MaxPrice=&SearchString=&ItemCode=&IsOnlyOnSale=0&FromHomePage=0&FromFamily=0&ProductFamilyID=0&RelatedItemID=0