PDA

View Full Version : clutch rebuild questions

Pro1200
12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey all, now that race season is over and I now have money to fix my clutch what do you guys recommend. Right now my clutch feels worn out, and is starting to slip from 2 race seasons of wear and tear. Ive searched and found some answers, but many vague.

I was wondering what should include in the rebuild, the basket, definitely clutch plates and fibers, and possibly the pressure plate? or do i not need to replace the basket? I also plan on buying the 89 update kit as this is a 86 oem current set up.

Also can I run a Hinson basket with stock plates and fibers or will I need a full Hinson setup?

Thanks guys,

David

4x4 AG
12-30-2010, 06:28 AM
i am in the same boat as you right now. My basket had alot of wear, grooves in the fingers. So i am replacing it with a Hinson. My inner hub had some slight grooving as well, so I will probably replace it with OE. As for the plates and fibers, I am going with EBC as they are modestly priced. And I was running an 86 set-up as well and am upgrading to the 89. I hear it is much smoother.

All in all, going to run about $400 for everything new.

Pro1200
03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
so i installed it and now my clutch lever has no pressure at all??

My thought was it had something to do with the lifter rod not lining up but i doubt it is it. I'm also now running the update kit and a hinson basket, i soaked all the plates and fibers as well.

DnB_racing
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
how many plates?? are you sure you have the right amount??