PDA

View Full Version : Code Orange

Ralph
02-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Anybody getting ready for an attack? my parents bough alota ducktape(adding to my collection:D) and made some plans of places to drive. any1 else doing anything in preperation?

02-11-2003, 08:18 PM
yeah i put on 2 pair of underwear

own2424
02-11-2003, 08:18 PM
The only attack thats gonna go down is our attack on Iraq! :macho

02-11-2003, 08:19 PM
yeaaaah yeaaaaaaah rap attack homie:o

Is that a new mountain dew drink like code red???:confused:

Ralph
Originally posted by own2424
The only attack thats gonna go down is our attack on Iraq! :macho

:rolleyes: ignorant people. they have been getting the same leads as they got before sep. 11th, im not ignoring the gov. warning...

toomeyshee87
02-11-2003, 08:21 PM
i got my shotgun ready!:macho :devil

flyin#5
02-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Rico

thats what i thought! mmmmmmm..... oh well another dissapionting post!

02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
why u trippin, if u cant laugh about it your gonan kill yourself with worry

george bush looks alot like a chimpanze

CHAUNCY
02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Rico

I thought the same thing

4punksdad
02-11-2003, 08:28 PM
yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,I loaded my guns. its code green here :)

Ryan
02-11-2003, 08:30 PM
What the heck is Code Orange :huh

CHAUNCY
02-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
What the heck is Code Orange :huh

I want to know the same thing

nat3060
02-11-2003, 09:29 PM
code orange is the highest possible warning of an attack on the states

derekhonda
02-11-2003, 09:30 PM
its the codes for like terrorist, green means everythings good i believe yellow mean just be alert and orange means attack possible and red means there was or is an attack, i think thats right but maybe now

derekhonda
02-11-2003, 09:31 PM
oops maybe i was wrong

Nausty
02-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by nat3060

to me doesn't seem like code orange should be engaged when their are suicide bombers everywhere and people constantly killing. I mean to me the highest level should only be reached when everyone is suspecting everyone and everything. Like back packs in crowds, weird behavior, ect. Eh whatever.

Chef
02-11-2003, 10:06 PM
When was code orange announced? I better go put my quads in that bunker i built in my back yard...you know the under ground nuclear bomb safe one...only problem is then i wont be able to fit too!

QuAdRaCeR244
02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by freeride132

:huh haha

derekhonda
02-11-2003, 10:12 PM
you know, people can rip on bush all day long but i still think hes a good guy and an even better leader. He might be a little trigger happy but hes doing what i would do, saddam needs to be outsted and hes gonna do it. GO BUSH

oldsandman
02-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Well said Derekhonda!

02-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Anybody getting ready for an attack? my parents bough alota ducktape(adding to my collection) and made some plans of places to drive. any1 else doing anything in preperation? Duct tape is a good idea so you can piece together all the BS we keep hearing.

The only attack thats gonna go down is our attack on Iraq! Thats one of the reasons for the code orange, once the US begins any military action wwe should be expecting some sort of retaliation. The other reason is to effect our public opinion on the potential war. If we are feeling or believing that our chances of having another domestic attack are high we are expected to be more in favor of a strike against Iraq and there would be less pressure here not to start a war etc.

i got my shotgun ready!
yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,I loaded my guns. its code green here Well I am with you guys on that but I doubt were gonna be needing anything cause remember our "enemy" basicly has little or no military and most any attack here will be suicide or chemical based etc. so no one to shoot at :(

code orange is the highest possible warning of an attack on the states Yep you got boobs but they got a code red also, and thats when they belive the info they have about a possible attack.

to me doesn't seem like code orange should be engaged when their are suicide bombers everywhere and people constantly killing. I mean to me the highest level should only be reached when everyone is suspecting everyone and everything. Like back packs in crowds, weird behavior, ect. Eh whatever. Good thinking but I believe they are reserving the code red for something like this.

you know, people can rip on bush all day long but i still think hes a good guy and an even better leader. He might be a little trigger happy but hes doing what i would do, saddam needs to be outsted and hes gonna do it. GO BUSH Agree with the take on Bush and I do believe he is trying to do a good job wheather we agree or not that he is.

Problem with the second half of this is that Hussein is not the whole problem as much as he is a easily bashed blamed or hated figure. It seems we like to put a ogar or war lord type to put all anger towards like the have with hussein and Binladen and the others b4 them.

What seems to be the real problem is that most people or peoples in this region are not happy with our country for many reasons and I must ask just what makes anyone believe that whoever would take over if Saddam would leave or be assinated would be a friend of the US?

I think that whoever would move up from inside Iraq would be possibly very simiraly motivated as hussein is and this reinforces the idea of just using their leader as a very much needed hate figure etc.

JOEX
02-12-2003, 12:34 AM
There are 5 color code levels: (Terror alert levels)

Green ....lowest
Blue
Yellow
Orange
Red...highest

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870313.asp?0cv=CA00

Scroll down a bit for more info;)

I'm not going anywhere until I get my parts!!

Joe

oldsandman
02-12-2003, 01:07 AM
440ex4me The problem is intolerant religious fanatics and a meglomanic dictator that is doing all he can to build bigger and deadlier weapons to kill people. He has shown his willingness to use them on his own people and neighboring countries. The biggest obsticle in the middle east is the lack of freedom, democracy and the reign of corrupt potentates and mullahs that have oppresed and kept their people in the dark ages so they can remain in power. As far as obl or saddam being demonized they did a pretty good job doing it to themselves.

nat3060
02-12-2003, 01:13 AM
yeah red is the hightest, that means that they will have an attack.

thats why i said

02-12-2003, 05:23 AM
My aprents watch that damn cnn channel everyday about this attack. it starts to get annoying. Also they dont think we should attack therefore I agree.. what you guys think?

Foxrage
02-12-2003, 06:01 AM
I bought 2 kegs cause if im gonna die im gonna be so messed up i wont feel it. LOL

Ryan
02-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Many people are starting to stock up on water and buying canned goods ect :rolleyes: . If we get attacked then im gonna steal a U.S bomber and suicide bomb Iraq ;) .

Im so sick of this war sh1t. I can't wait untill its over :o .

Tommy 17
02-12-2003, 09:13 AM
people are so stupid:o they live in fear... thats why this world is so screwed up...

02-12-2003, 09:35 AM
The problem is intolerant religious fanatics and a meglomanic dictator that is doing all he can to build bigger and deadlier weapons to kill people. He has shown his willingness to use them on his own people and neighboring countries. The biggest obsticle in the middle east is the lack of freedom, democracy and the reign of corrupt potentates and mullahs that have oppresed and kept their people in the dark ages so they can remain in power. As far as obl or saddam being demonized they did a pretty good job doing it to themselves.

From what you are saying it appears you are thinking within the same lines etc, but what I see is that from the facts you point out there is most likely not going to be an acceptable (to the US govt) replacement to be the new leader of Iraq.

I had said in an earlier thread that the problems that we are encountering were developing for thousands of years and yes they are very interwoven with religion.

So with this in mind how can we (the US) expect to change these problems with the removal of one person?

There is also a very large amount of denial here about the connection between this hatred and the US actions defending Isreal and there have even been people with the ignorance to call out "anti semite" to anyone who mentions it. If you look outside the US for news reports you will see many regular people of the various muslim countries clearly make connection between the foreign policy of the US in the middle east and the anti american feelings in the region.

Since being raised christian I must say that I dont feel comfortable with a people or belief that would just as well eliminate me for this affiliation.

And as far as demons go they sure do fit the bill. but remember that there are many many demons and its just beneficial to pick one or two to showcase to the american people and it simplifies things a lot also. Would most americans back an attack on a 19yr old female villian? There are plenty of them out there and seem to be very proficient at suicide bombings, but just wouldnt be the face to plaster all around the news for everyone to despise enough to support a full fledged war.

02-12-2003, 09:50 AM
As far as threat levels are concerned (sorry to get a little off topic earlier) I can only say that I look at it this way. We are being targeted by a enemy with little or no military power against us so they have to resort to unusual militarty action (terrorism) and due to that they will be trying to repeat actions like the did on 9/11.

Knowing this I would think that we will not need to defend a air or sea attack on our borders but should anticipate an attempt on an internal attack of some kind.

Thinking of what the enemy is armed with and what they are capable of and their intention of creating the most devastation as possible it would appear that this attack will be in a more populated area (I doubt they will be targeting a forest in Montana) and will use some pre existing "explosive" (nuke plant etc) or delivery method (poisoned water supply or US mail) and there is allways the threat of repeating the destruction of a large building again.

So I wouldnt be too concerned taking a trail ride but would be more cautious or alert visiting a nuke plant or major city etc.

DGR Designs
02-12-2003, 09:50 AM
lol i know the whole reason dubyah wants to start a war. his family are rich oil tycoons. so if he cuts off delivery from the east, he becomes the main supplier. therefor, he rakes in all the cash-ola. thats why gas prices have rised so sharpley over the past few weeks. its up to almost 90 cents a liter here (not gallons lol) its crazy

Ryan
02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
If we do go to war which we are probably going to do. Are oil and gas prices are gonna sky rocket! Its gonna really suck.

02-12-2003, 10:20 AM
If we do go to war which we are probably going to do. Are oil and gas prices are gonna sky rocket! Its gonna really suck.

Sorry but from what I see its not IF but WHEN. I can see the transporters in the sky as they head east and we are sending way too many troops and supplies etc not to be using them.

The amount of planes has been steadily increasing since the summer and is even more constant than in 91.

Fuel prices are crazy now and I can only think they will be going higher.

I had received an e-mail about how Exxon/Mobil is or will be profiting due to the war and some sort of boycot to get the attention of botht the companies and our president.

oldsandman
02-12-2003, 10:41 AM
You are focusing on the removal of one person, I am looking at the removal of weapons getting rid of him would be a fringe benefit.
Much of the middle east is in a third world state. Look at the palistinians millions of $$ have gone to their leadership and many still live without electricity and plumbing. But chairman Arafat's family live's in Switzerland along with millions of $'s in aid money that he has taken from his people. All the while his people live in sqalor next to a modern democratic country. It can't help grow resentment especially when your leadership is telling you it isn't their fault it is someone else that is causing it be it Isreal or us the "great satan" or " the crusaders."
The great problem is getting the populis to see that they are going nowhere but into an abyss with Saddam, OBL, Al Queda, Hezzbollah, Arafat...How you do that is a question for smarter people than me.
I don't deny the people resent us for supporting Isreal but what would you have us do? I have gone round and round with my buisness partners in europe over this. Sure we have at times seen them go too far but we have also seen them be attacked over and over. How would we react if nearly everday a bomb went off in our cities.
You are right how do you deal with people that want our society and way of life eliminated? The only thing I can think of is trying to destroy their reach and power for now. Then try to work on the root causes of the problem.

Castor-426ex
02-12-2003, 10:48 AM
oh **** Code Orange

tants
02-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by nat3060

thats not correct. code orange is the second highest, code red is the highest i believe

tants
02-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
people are so stupid:o they live in fear... thats why this world is so screwed up...

"fear is ONLY a four leter word"

my famous quote :eek:

Derek
02-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by tants
thats not correct. code orange is the second highest, code red is the highest i believe

no code red is when we are under attack

flyin#5
02-12-2003, 01:16 PM
:eek: i think we just hit the "Snow White" alert code!i hope we dont get to off white!:eek: lol anyone see SNL a couple weeks ago?

trueblue450
02-12-2003, 02:31 PM
code orange is a big step up.. i still kinda feel like code yellow.. I just don't know if were ready for orange. :D

Ralph
02-12-2003, 02:35 PM
"they are going to attack the softest target around"..."Thats right the snuggles bear"-daily show....lol

derekhonda
02-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by DGR Designs
lol i know the whole reason dubyah wants to start a war. his family are rich oil tycoons. so if he cuts off delivery from the east, he becomes the main supplier. therefor, he rakes in all the cash-ola. thats why gas prices have rised so sharpley over the past few weeks. its up to almost 90 cents a liter here (not gallons lol) its crazy

not true, you really think he would risk the lives of tens of thoussands of men not to mention billions of dollars worth of equiptment just to pad his wallet? Trust me, he has enough money....that isnt his motive

nismo
02-12-2003, 03:14 PM
does anyone really think duck tape will save them? thats the stupidest thing i ever heard duck tape! what r u suppost to do duck tape ur mouth shut?:huh

mrusk
02-12-2003, 04:17 PM
I guess if there is a chemical attack on us you can put the duct tape over your nose and mouth.

I think it is just plain stupid how people listen to what the liberal hippie media is babbling about and being to live in fear. I am not afraid of dieing in some terroist attack. Every single day of my life i could die. I could die riding my 250r. I could die deer hunting. I could die walking accross the street. However, i refuse to live my life in fear hiding in my cloest because i could die.

I think Bush is a good President because hes basically telling the UN to stick it. The UN is a joke. What they say means nothing. We should of never joined it.

I would have no proablem going to Iraq and putting my life on the line for this country. However i would not consider that fighting for freedom. Int he year 2003, if you want to fight for freedom you got to stop voting for liberal hippies and repulicans that keep on getting bent over by the dems. The only party that acctually cares about freedom is the libertarian party. There website is lp.org. You should check that site out and then you will realize that our country needs a libertarian president.

Thousand and upon thousands of men died for this country. They died because they wanted a country of freedom and liberty. It seems now we hardly have either. Why should i go fight for freedom in iraq, when we are loosing the battle for freedom here.

matt

QuadTrix6
02-12-2003, 04:22 PM
if Maier were in charge of naming the codes we would be in code Zest Orange :blah

but in all seriosness, where in good hands with Bush

02-12-2003, 07:27 PM
too bad clinton wasnt the president id feel safer, there are 3 things im scared of

1. micheal jackson
2. being locked in a dark closet with micheal jackson
3. and these women!

Blysster
02-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by freeride132

hehehe :devil

02-12-2003, 09:39 PM
You are focusing on the removal of one person, I am looking at the removal of weapons getting rid of him would be a fringe benefit. Interesting thoughts on that whole post, and I have to agree allmost 100%.

There have allways been hard decisions in mans life and I think our leaders are now looking at some of the hardest our time will see.

Your comments on your associates in Europe thoughts is prob similiar to what I have heard from people in other countries as well, but problem is that here in the US we are too damn politically correct to at least consider the obvious. I am in no way condeming any religion and have detailed my thoughts on that subject in another previous post, but the situation with our allies over there is a hotbed for trouble.

How can two peoples who literaly hate each other share a country? I have talked with people on both sides of this issue and truely believe they both have valid points, but how the he!! do we think we can make any decisions for them?

I see your points very clearly concerning the Isreal/Palestinian issue and no there is not any easy answers to this.

Maybe I was thinking out loud as trying to better understand a people who would go to such great lengths to cause destruction for no obvious material or personal gain.

I guess if there is a chemical attack on us you can put the duct tape over your nose and mouth. Funny I was just saying that to a clerk at the home depot as a joke about all the empty spaces where the tape used to be.

02-12-2003, 09:44 PM
would have no proablem going to Iraq and putting my life on the line for this country. However i would not consider that fighting for freedom. Int he year 2003, if you want to fight for freedom you got to stop voting for liberal hippies and repulicans that keep on getting bent over by the dems. The only party that acctually cares about freedom is the libertarian party. There website is lp.org. You should check that site out and then you will realize that our country needs a libertarian president.

Impressive, if more of our voting public would "listen" to what these people have to say and see the real need for more than two political parties we would be extremely much better off.

Sadly politics is more of a popularity and cash pissin contest than an election. And the worst part is we as the working public get to fund all the paybacks for these political donations(bribes).

Oh well I just cant understand why so many americans vote for a party that they are not invited to. :)

zephead400ex
02-12-2003, 09:46 PM
GOD D*MN Ragheads!!

JUSTINcredible
02-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
GOD D*MN Ragheads!!
very well said