PDA

View Full Version : P90X workout.

Quad18star
12-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone ever done the P90X workout and if so, what were your results? Does it work or a waste of money?

12-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Depends what your goals are. If you are wanting to lose weight and tone up, it will work as long as you stick to it.

ben300
12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
have only ever done the ab ripper x workout to strengthen my abs for doing 10 and 15k's, but ive known several people who have all completed the program with results. so if you do the program right, and stick to it, you will definitely see results.

my dads friend, who is 47, 6'2" and was 275, lost about 40 pounds doing it to help him get in shape for a 100 mile bike ride...

it is like any work out routine though...if you don't stick with it, it wont work

Scro
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I know people that swear by it, and get good results out of it. I tried it, and didn't like it. It requires alot of balance, which I have zero of. I might as well have been doing it drunk.

Quad18star
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
We bought it earlier tonight and are going to start it in the new year. I'm not really wanting to lose weight but mostly get into shape and tone up.

madsmokey12
12-28-2010, 10:19 PM
it's Great i use to do it all the time with my buddy untill i moved. i used it to get Cut and it worked great u just need to do it and do it Right. it can get Tough

TRX_450
12-29-2010, 12:59 PM
i did a full cycle and wasnt very impressed. i followed it to the T including the meal plan and i did drop 20lbs and got a little stronger but nothing really noticeable. i've gained more size and definition in 8 weeks of going to a gym than i did during p90x. maybe it will work different for you, oh and btw the yoga absolutely blows.

jesshamner
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I know people that swear by it, and get good results out of it. I tried it, and didn't like it. It requires alot of balance, which I have zero of. I might as well have been doing it drunk.

I was the same way.

Originally posted by Quad18star
Anyone ever done the P90X workout and if so, what were your results? Does it work or a waste of money?

If you think about it, having an intense workout for an hour 6 or 7 days of the week you will tone you up no matter which workout you do.

NacsMXer
12-29-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm doing it for the 3rd time in a row now and don't intend on stopping anytime soon. One of the best decisions I ever made in my life honestly. I gained a little over 10 lbs of muscle, a lot more cardiovascular endurance, strength, balance and flexibility.

It's nice to workout when you have time in your own home and not have to drive to the gym. It is also great how the workouts are laid out ready to go. Following the meal plan is up to you, but I don't follow it to a T. I simply eat as clean as possible getting the right ratios of carbs, protein, healthy fats, etc. that works for me. Your diet is a huge part of the results you get. I also supplement the program with whey and casein protein which I feel is also very important.

You have to start out with the right mind set and be committed. I know so many people that tried it due to the hype for a couple weeks or a month and then just quit. Gotta stick with it 100% if you want to see results.

It can be very frustrating when you first start because these workouts are no joke. You will get worn out fast, have to take a lot of breaks, not have the flexibility/balance, etc. but it totally gets better over time trust me. I used to dread doing Ab Ripper X after each workout but now I just power through it no big deal. The workouts are still brutal for me at times, but it is a ton easier than when I first started simply due to how your body improves over time.

Also don't skimp on the pull ups, it's like the meat and potatoes of the program. Iron gym pull up bar from walmart works perfect. I started out doing maybe 15-20 total pull ups per workout. Now i'm up to 167 in the duration of the legs and back workout. I try to better that number each time.

It definitely isn't a gimmick like I first thought before I started. It's just strength training and cardio exercises all rolled into a easy to follow deal. Make it easy or make it hard for better results, it's up to you. As long as you eat right, commit to it, and really put effort into the workouts there's no way you won't get results out of it.

416exfreak
12-30-2010, 05:07 AM
^^
Good post.

Its VERY intense in the beggining, and I had been running cross country before I started it 2 years ago. Like said above, the workouts get easier overtime, as your body gets used to what its being pushed to do. Its just like wightlifting though, you start out lifting *or example 275 on deadlifts, and over time you get up to 315 or more.

Its been said already, so this is pointless, but sometimes the message doesnt sink in.. if only works if you stick with it. The diet can be cheated on some, but if you eat a greasy slab of pizza plan on doing 10 extra reps or some extra time on everything.

That is if your really serious about getting in shape.. and if you try P90X we'll find out if your serious. Post some progress pictures if you do try it.

tbrackman84
12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
i went through the whole thing once with a friend from school, and the only section i thought was really spectacular was the ab ripper section. I still do that 3 times a week, but i do my own workout. Just my opinion.

Warnerade
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
you will get results if you do anything as long as you eat healthy and stick to a routine...P90 is a waste of money IMO

Quad18star
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies.

We chose this because it seems alomost liek a personal trainer in a box (has a diet plan and videos of how to properly do the excercises). Also we both hate being starred at, and you get a lot of that at the gym. We'll try it out and stick with it... Mel and I are both pretty commited to doing this. We're going to start it in the new year. :)

madsmokey12
12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Ab Ripper X is the best part!

quad2xtreme
12-30-2010, 05:23 PM
If you can't hang with P90X to start, they recommend using Power 90 first. Power 90 was the predecessor to P90X.