PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing Exhaust

08400ex'er
12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Just wondering is anyone on here ran the CT Racing disc style full exhaust? How is the build quality? How loud is it?

I was looking at the Curtis Sparks X-6 but found the CT and couldn't find many posts about it. How do they compare?

Just so you know what I will be adding to my quad... I would like to add a full exhaust 406 11:1 piston stage 2 hotcam and a high flow air filter to my 08 400ex.

NacsMXer
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I have the CT system and it is awesome. Excellent quality. On their site I see they have a picture of their new system for the 400 and it is completely different than mine, so I can't comment on the new stuff. I like the looks of my old system better to be honest.

Sparks is one of the best systems out there. It will be a lot louder than the CT and has excellent build quality as well.

08400ex'er
12-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the reply anyone else have an opinion on the sparks vs CT Racing for my mild setup or just on the CT Racing?

DragonGunner
12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
I put a CT Racing exhaust an header on mine several yrs. ago. It runs with 406, 11:1, ported head, 3 angle valve job, Web Cam, Hardend rocker arms, K/N filter, open airbox, White Brothers CDI, stock carb jetted with the choke removed, Had a 440 Edelbrock carb on it for a few years. After I put this exhaust system on I received alot of compliments on how it sounded, its still pretty qiute, yet has a great low throaty sound...I run open turn down tip on it, spark arrester only at Dunes in MI. The only complaint is that the cone wasn't made out of stainless steel at the time an after several yrs. rusted through. I'm sure they are making them better. I can't see running any other pipe. I went with a new CT Racing exhaust for my KTM Hybrid.
Great Power an great sound. I have also heard the Sparks being very good but also on the louder side...at the time Sparks didn't have a spark arrester an went to CT......glad I did.

mlabarca240
12-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm running the CT slip on with the disk type arrestor on my 02 ex. Ive got the Weisco 406 overbore 11:1, stage 1 HC, K&N with an outerwears and a +3 Wheelie timing key. The bike runs like a bat out of heck and the pipe sounds great. The construction quality is great and rarely needs re-packing. The disks are great for on the spot tuning and refining. If its cold out and running fat, take a few disks out. If its hot out and running lean, put a few disks in. Great pipe.