PDA

View Full Version : X Games

250rsforlife
12-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I was thinkin bout this lastnight and i was wonderin why x games doesnt have any quad events Does anybody know why?

platummxracer8
12-28-2010, 09:48 AM
because travis pastrana hasn't tried quad racing out:D

ballzdeep38
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM
most of there venues arent big enough to accomodate quads in the same stadium as everything else. last year in the colllesium in LA they had a Super Ramp in the middle of the stadium that eats up alot of the space. then if they let the quads run the same events as the bikes the MX/FMX guys would complain about the quads flattening out their berms/ ruts. so the quads would need another arena to themselves. there isnt enough media coverage and demand for it. i think the next time they are in So. Cal. they should look into a more "outdoor" venue. something like Gorman. that way they would have more than enough room to properly set up a rally car event without it turning into a cluster f** like the past few years. then they could setup their FMX coarse and use the Gorman MX track for the racing. the stadiums dont have the space for all those events plus the skateboards and BMX ramps. they have already shown that they dont mind seperating certain events FMX/MX and skateboards/BMX into different areas.

yellowzo3
12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
There are a few threads on here about this if you just search for X Games or Quads in X Games... Not trying to be rude haha... Just that there's lots of good posts in those threads about why people think it would/wouldn't work out.

X Games has gone downhill as a whole though. They don't really concentrate on the true extreme sports anymore. If you read some of the older threads on this topic you'll see what I mean.

I remember watching a few BMX videos online and some of the guys could care less about X Games... When they were asked about it they had nothing positive to say and one guy even said something like "Ehh whatever they'll be steering away from BMX in a couple years anyway" or something close to that. I was like :confused: ,but I can't say I don't believe him.

The Dew Tour is where the action is now. If we could get the quads to have comps on the tour and travel around I think it would be even better than the X Games.

ben300
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
There are a few threads on here about this if you just search for X Games or Quads in X Games... Not trying to be rude haha... Just that there's lots of good posts in those threads about why people think it would/wouldn't work out.

X Games has gone downhill as a whole though. They don't really concentrate on the true extreme sports anymore. If you read some of the older threads on this topic you'll see what I mean.

I remember watching a few BMX videos online and some of the guys could care less about X Games... When they were asked about it they had nothing positive to say and one guy even said something like "Ehh whatever they'll be steering away from BMX in a couple years anyway" or something close to that. I was like :confused: ,but I can't say I don't believe him.

The Dew Tour is where the action is now. If we could get the quads to have comps on the tour and travel around I think it would be even better than the X Games.

the winter xgames is about the only version of the xgames that still slightly concentrates on the sports...at least in terms of skiing and snowboarding they do...

summer xgames has become a horse and pony show and if you have a big name and have your own video game, target as your sponsor, a tv show, or did mention, have a big name..you win, automatically...doesnt matter what you do..

i havent watched summer x in nearly 3 years

250rsforlife
12-28-2010, 05:13 PM
that would be sweet to get it on the dew tour it make the atv community look alot better and i think more people would come to the sport and make it bigger in the sport world and maybe someday this will happen hopefully lol

ben300
12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 250rsforlife
that would be sweet to get it on the dew tour it make the atv community look alot better and i think more people would come to the sport and make it bigger in the sport world and maybe someday this will happen hopefully lol

i highly doubt this will happen, if atv racing cannot have a full field of pros, is loosing sponsors, and cannot attract the sponsors that other main stream motor sports attract, this will never a happen...

espn tried this before with great outdoor games, and that didnt last long either...

i feel like this is beating a dead horse

feuerstack411
12-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Because quads are the red headed step child of motocross. Sad, but true.
Quad racing was big in the 1980s, but we got hit hard during the 90s, and we're still trying to recover.

250rsforlife
12-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by ben300
i highly doubt this will happen, if atv racing cannot have a full field of pros, is loosing sponsors, and cannot attract the sponsors that other main stream motor sports attract, this will never a happen...

espn tried this before with great outdoor games, and that didnt last long either...

i feel like this is beating a dead horse

HAHAHAHAHA nice pic

Wired
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
if they did announce quads in the x games who would ride it? theres only 4 of us doing it full time and maybe 8 of us that can actually hit 75ft consistently. it would be a crash fest! besides x games sucks @$$ now anyways. more interested in stupid rally than anything legit. money talks! pastrana games presented by subaru hahaha lame