PDA

View Full Version : Future of our sport

drr90#9
12-28-2010, 05:47 AM
If anyone has a Facebook account check out Dustin Wimmers post...this is not good...this is the sport our children look forward to excelling in and the present status of it isn't good never mind the future...

hasbeenttduner
12-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Being without a facebook account, could someone give us on here a basic rundown of his post.

drr90#9
12-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Dustin Wimmer
‎2011 is not looking to good rite now

13 hours ago via iPhone ·LikeUnlike · Comment.
6 people like this..
Julian Berg What happen?
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Tj Carver I know **** sucks
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Dustin Wimmer Sponsors
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Ryan Diniz its bull****..
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Chad Reed Dam hope u get yhing figured out ur a. Dam good rider an I like watchin ya
13 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.Jeff Lancaster you and me both...:(
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Dustin Wimmer Yea man me too
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jeff Troxell Man you are one of the best riders, I'm sure you wont have problems picking up sponsors. Keep your chin up!
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Bryan Vander Maas stay strong man, you never know who might come in and swoop you up!!!
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Gary Harrison If you're having problems, I really feel for the industry all together........
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Steve George I hope everything works out Dustin. Train hard and do what you gotta do to make it to race day.
13 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Walt Schumacher Man, REALLY hope you get it all sorted out!
12 hours ago via Facebook Mobile · LikeUnlike.Brad Mulvey Ouch! Where's the dislike button?
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Coty Blair Your the man keep ur head up
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Julian Berg Imagine here in Argentina 4 pesos 1 Dls and the parts here cost the doble
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jim Saints But u still have the Suzuki team supporting you?
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.AJ Hayes Good luck, man. You are an awesome rider, so things should work out
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jake Schlosser Very sad to see our sport crumbling right in front of us. I'm sure you'll find something dustin. I know for a fact one of your fellow competitors said if he doesn't get paid, he's done. Just not worth it for a privateer anymore
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Dustin Wimmer Yea it's sad I raced for so long
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jake Schlosser Well unfortunately if racing goes bad for everyone at least you can say you won some championships along the way. Not a lot of people can say that. Or.......you
Could get on the bandwagon like every other quad rider. Sell everything and try ...the bike side of the aportSee More
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Crystal Wilson heres the way i see it factory sponsors arnt getting what they want from the quad community so drop quads bikes stay about the same as a whole quad racing is going down hill a huge organization in canada dropped quad racing and the way its going for D23 this will be the last yr for quad only races unless numbers come up and the tracks here wont put quads and bikes back together so everyone needs to just be thankful we are riding while we can and come together as a whole and make the sport great again
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Dustin Wimmer Yea I can I'll never ride a bike haha I sux on a bike
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 2 peopleLoading....Jake Schlosser Haha me too but at least for our area, track owners love bikes and there are a ton more
Places to ride a bike than a quad. I think when people see how much it costs to build a legit racing ATV, people cringe and say well it's 15-20k for a bu...ilt ATV or 7k for a bike you can ride off the showroom and be super competativeSee More
12 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Crystal Wilson thats true but in general at least in this area the quad riders have better attitudes then the bike riders the promoters like the quads here just cant support it if the numbers arnt there and the bikes complain about us so the only real way to have bikes and quads together is to have seperate tracks with the same start and hope for the best lol
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Jackie Hess Is Suzuki not having a team this year?
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Adam Campbell there will always be a market for atv riders, remeber the hybrid days it will just go back to the monster truck shows again lol how did they do it when there was only 1 real race quad the 250 2 stroke honda
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Crystal Wilson i could be wrong here but im pretty sure most of the factory teams dropped their quad riders this year
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Andrew Cardone i thougth u still had ur deal with suzuki for a while?
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Beth Marn Monroe with the economy the way it is, ppl are having a hard time, including sponsors, we know how it is, we've ran nationals for 4 years, 41 races and we're not going to be able to do all of them this year, we picked 2
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Crystal Wilson when it comes to factory support though i really dont believe its an economy thing in the sense of supporting riders because they arent dropping the snowcross riders like they are quads it sucks it outright sucks there just isnt the support... for the sport of quad mx as there is most other motorsports. really on a national tv level what needs to be done to get the sport growing and get the sponsors what they are looking for is getting quad mx on tv in national level im not talking just espn either im talking like fox and such its the only way things will get better for the sport the promoting of atv racing isnt there like it is with everything elseSee More
11 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Anthony Amado Wow!! I mean wow!
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Crystal Wilson What
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Breelynn Griffith You should ride for Honda!! :)
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Derek Hetland SuZuki is not giving u a ride if they are not get on yamaha with brown
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading....Kim Wenger Muzzarelli Dustin!
Your a Champ!
Put your head down go to work and make it happen baby!!
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Matthew Judd Everything always has a way of working itself out. BAG UP!
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Phil Maiorano Hit us up at sponsorship@getdirtymx.com...lets see what we can do
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Albert Burd why???????
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike.Bobby Ross hey bro i feel your pain!! its tough to think about walking away let alone having no choice!! hope it works out for you!!
51 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

selbygirl
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
i think a lot of this is do to a poor economy a lot of tracks are closing or on the brink of closeing wher i live every one had ther garage 's filled with quads now ther selling them to make a morgage payment . we had a big housing boom in our area and evey one went to cheap labor [illegal immigrants] know every thing is closing down . if we cant make money we cant spend money take care tommy

hasbeenttduner
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Thank you drr90#9.
Big bummer. It is shocking that the top 10 or so riders nationaly can't get enough support to run our National Championship Series. I will buy a lotto ticket on the way home and if I am the 1 in 500,000,000 winner Dustin will be there in 2011. :D

airmobile101
12-29-2010, 10:09 AM
I had to log onto FB to actually get a idea how bad it was. Its pretty bad when a PRO comes out and posted that on his wall. I did find it funny how he said he suxs on a bike.:D

Logan #34's Dad
01-01-2011, 05:21 AM
This is a shame. For those of us who's kids want and believe they can be a professional quad racers, this is a reality check. The question we parents need to ask is: Is spending 10K plus to run a National series really worth it?
As the one person commented, they need major tv coverage. The all mighty AMA/ATVA needs to contract The Speed Channel to put quad racing on the air. Heck, even just to get Dave Dispain to mention it with some highlights on the Speed Report would help.
So, I question as to what WE can do as a group?
One idea I have is, the owners of this web site can send out an email to ALL its members with attachments of forms to be "signed" and forwarded to the right people at the AMA/ATVA and SPEED. If the "bigshots" see that people care AND there is an audience then maybe they will consider it. 96,000 members from this site alone would be hard to ignore!
I believe that if there was tv coverage then the factory teams would be back. The sport would explode. JMO

Ride1Rob
01-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I believe that if there was tv coverage then the factory teams would be back. The sport would explode. JMO

I agree! The thing is AMA doesn't promote the quads anywhere close to the bikes. It's pretty much like that at every track you go to. The bikes get more exposure than the quads and one reason is turnouts. It's alot easier and less expensive to buy a bike and race it and be competitive in stock trim as opposed to these quads that have to be built. Therefor, you get more bikes on the gates and that makes the track owners, promoters, etc... cater more to the bikes. Sad to say, but if we want to have a good chance to make money racing MX we need to dump 2 wheels.

As for Wimmer, it is sad but I've been seeing this coming the last 2-3 yrs. Every year for the past few years factory teams have been cutting their ATV race programs. Suzuki bailed on it's factory road race team for World Super Bike in the middle of the season last year. This was done while their Factory rider was in 2nd place battling for a World Championship title. They won't have a team at all in 2011.

doonanracing
01-01-2011, 12:02 PM
our chance happens in 2 weeks
If you want this sport to grow. On jan 15th at 7pm EST Speed TV is showing a clip from the Semo, MO race. They are not showing the pro class they are showing a Prod. C Class from what I understand. My son has a dream of becoming a Pro some day, he might not have all the tools to get there but he is 10 and I need him to have dreams and a drive. This is from atv racing. It
should not matter if you like TT, MX , XC or whatever. I would suggest everyone to make it a point to watch this race and then go to Speed TV and make it a point that you want to see more. This is how it works. If they have viewers then they can sale ads and if they sale ad they can make money and if they make money that will get atv racing more exposure. More exposure means more sponsorships. Simply put for a manufacturer if they have a team and it is not helping or improving their market and sales than why have a team. I am sure this is the thought process. Now take that same team which is very costly, get it TV exposure as well as track exposure which might help increase exposure and sales than the rewards outways the costs. Manufactures give the Pro's or riders discounts or products because it is marketing for their product. Simply put watch the race then go to Speed and let them know you likes it amd want to see more. Remember when you have National TV exposure then we can get other sponsors and they will look at this as another marketing avenue. This is how Nascar grew, not by relying on manufacturers for support. Our opportunity is in 2 weeks. We either grap it or let it slide away.

drr90#9
01-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Creamer heading out west for WORCS series...did get signed by the Bomb Squad for the Nationals but not sure how many he'll be able to do...

mushinracing
01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Wimmer maid more money than any other pro out there and got used to it. He just wouldn't take the pay cut . He had the support .well have fun Dustin I will always remember you as the guy who quit on top. Just wish mike Tyson would have done it.