PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in here from northern Minnesota????

fourwhls
02-11-2003, 07:39 PM
I got offered a job up that way and just wanted some input on the area.

What the ATV scene like up there????

I don't know if I can bare the cold, but I will keep an open mind when making my decision. I have trouble dealing with two days in a row below 30F here, let alone half the year below that temp.

JUSTINcredible
02-11-2003, 07:43 PM
i live more down by minneapolis, but i know a new atv trail system opend up in the iron ore mines up there not to long ago.. and there are a number of diffrent trail systems up there..

what city were you offerd a job in?

fourwhls
02-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Roseau

JUSTINcredible
02-11-2003, 07:47 PM
well that sure is way up there... i know that the polaris head qurters are in that city also

i think spider lake is near that area and they have a nice trail system..

flyin#5
02-11-2003, 07:49 PM
yeah there are some really good trail systems around there. also there are some good tracks in the MN area too. and i think there is someone from rosaeu mn on this site! i cant remember his name though.

enault
02-12-2003, 11:45 AM
flyin,
Are considering a position at Polaris? If you are maybe we should get on the phone. Post your email and I will send you my info. It has been really cold up here (Roseau). My temp this morning was 21 below without the windchill. Personally, I love it up here. If you like fishing (or more like catching-the fishing is awesome), hunting, snowmobiling, and atving you will love it up here.
Later

flyin#5
02-12-2003, 01:26 PM
no its 4whls that is maybe getting a job up there... in our town we already have a polaris pland great ice fishing hunting snowmobiling...ect lol

fourwhls
02-12-2003, 05:56 PM
I appreciate all the input guys. My wife and I have decided against me taking the job.

And yes, the job was with Polaris.

Its a dream job, but the geographical difference was too much.

flyin#5
02-12-2003, 07:12 PM
that would have been cool working for a quad company and stuff. its really not that bad up here though.... little cold but you get used to it.

JUSTINcredible
02-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX
that would have been cool working for a quad company and stuff. its really not that bad up here though.... little cold but you get used to it.
cold for 9 months but the other 3 you might think your in florida

enault
02-13-2003, 05:12 AM
Speaking from personal experience, it was worth the move. I have worked for Motorola, Ingersoll, Caterpillar and I have to say this is the best company I have worked for. If you are like me I used to think about riding quads all day at my other jobs and now it is my job. The major move to the middle of nowhere is tough at first but the people you work and live in the community with are awesome. If I were you really think it through.