PDA

View Full Version : mounting rath pro pegs?

Lynch01ex
12-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey guys having trouble getting the front pro peg mount in for rath nerf bars. If anyone has pics or detailed description would be great. i can get it in the frame a just cant see how its gonna mount up to the front motor mounts.
Thanks for the time

racrdude41
12-27-2010, 02:29 AM
make sure you have the peg mounts on right i think theres a wrong way to put them on how far off is it? pictures?

JenniferRath
12-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Make sure you have the right year mount as well- the front mounts differ for certain years-

Dave400ex
12-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Here is a picture. The holes line right up with the lower engine mounts. You then use the supplied longer bolts to replace the factory engine mount bolts and lock nuts will go on the inside.

TJ Bradley
12-29-2010, 11:10 AM
It is a pain to get in. I had a hard time getting it back in after my build and not scratching the new powder. You have to turn until one side goes in then turn it some more till the other side clears to go it. Its really tricky you just have to hold your mouth right... Or cheat like i did and just bend the mount tabs in just a little and it'll go right it. Then bend them back out where they are supposed to be.

Lynch01ex
12-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry was gone out of town working all week. Thanks for the help guys. i have a 04/05 and the mount came off a 06+ but was told it would still work. Or are the front engine mounts really that much diff?