PDA

View Full Version : How to go about getting sponsored?

Foxhound013
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
I live in Indiana and have a few different series around here, like midwest, ixcr, and mid american are the few i can think of, It'll be my first year this year but i was thinking about the next and wondered if getting sponsored by anyone would be extremely hard. How would i go about getting sponsors?

racerx573
12-26-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.mxsponsor.com/home?code=x573jz

I've been using them for years. Also hard copy and e-maiil resumes. It's not hard.

If you need any tips let me know.

Foxhound013
12-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I looked at that but thought it was only for mx, i'd be doing xc type races. By hard copy and resume what do ya mean, like a resume of the racing ive done and parts i have or one like a job resume, sorry for the lack of knowledge lol

racerx573
12-26-2010, 08:37 PM
It works for quads too. They have quadsponsor.com. but not as many companies use it.

With MXSponsor.com I've been hooked up with Smith, 661, Tag, Globe Shoes, and about 8 or 9 others.

In the past I've been sponsored by Monster Energy, EVS, Shoei, Moose, Maier and plenty of others..

This is my cover letter.

Dear (sponsor)

I am seeking sponsorship for the 2011 season. As we all know the cost of everything is going up, especially racing. By receiving sponsorship from you, I am trying to offset my overall cost of racing, so that I can compete more often, maintain my equipment, as well as progress more quickly. The offset of the cost will allow me to do all of those things. I have been riding for abour 15 years, and racing for about 10. I had a small hiatus for military training in 2006-2007. 2008-09 Was a comeback year for me. Practicing and racing in spurts to get back into the right state of mind for motocross racing. My mindset is in the right place for competition, and I have the drive to succeed, however I am going to need strong support in order to get back where I once was. I am well known in the racing community and have strong connections in the sport. In 2009 I was featured on the Outdoor Channel and I am a test rider/contributing editor for ********.com. Thank you for your time to review my resume, I look forward to hearing from you, and creating a strong rider-sponsor relationship.

Jason L. Zittel #73

List your race results. Past overall standings, current sponsors. Etc.

My link on the site is http://www.mxsponsor.com/riders/jason-zittel/

Foxhound013
12-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Since this is my first year and i have no winnings as of right now should i just wait till next season comes around and then try to get sponsored?

Black Sheep
12-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Most companies only accept sponsorship request from oct-nov. At this late in the year your chances are slim. With no race results to back you up that will make it more difficult.

I would start off with your local dealer and establish a realationship and build up some race results. Then, next year give your race results and show them you are sponsored by a local shop and that will give you some credibility. During the year get some good clean pics of your machine both on and off the track and use the best two or three in your resume.

airmobile101
12-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
Since this is my first year and i have no winnings as of right now should i just wait till next season comes around and then try to get sponsored?
I would try quadsponsor.com regardless if its out of season or not. I had a few offers from ONEAL and TWIN AIR when I first registered. And I didn't even send a resume to them and it was in the middle of July.

Foxhound013
12-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I finally found a tech article on here about it on Google. I saved it so next year I could get it out and wright up a resume, What you sayin (black sheep) is probably my best bet. I think thats what i'm gonna do. Mainly this year i'll be runnin a small race (casey) but I plan on trying to do a couple of the series races for sure.

racerx573
12-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Just because it's your first year doesn't mean you'll get turned away. There's 100s of companies (Tag for example) that accept resumes year round.

New riders are the roots of the companies. Riding is still EXPERIENCE even though you haven't raced.

Go here and sign up. You don't have to pay to sign up until you have offers.

Black Sheep
12-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
Go here and sign up. You don't have to pay to sign up until you have offers.

I'm curious as to why you would "pay" to be sponsored :confused:

racerx573
12-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Small price to pay to save even more money. That small price is saving me 40-50% from about 13 companies.

racerx573
12-27-2010, 01:05 AM
A lot of companies are going through these sites exclusively these days.

It's not that bad of a deal and it's a good way to get yourself out there.

racerx573
12-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
I'm curious as to why you would "pay" to be sponsored :confused:

And you're not paying to get sponsored, you're paying for MXsponsor.com's services of being able to get your resume out there quickly, and get responses more quickly.

It's similar to resume services for jobs, etc. People are paying for services to help them get jobs everyday.

Foxhound013
12-27-2010, 08:53 AM
The other thing i'm not sure about is if i did go through quadsponsors and get sponsored, i'd need to race the bigger series wouldn't I, like midwest, mid american, ixcr, etc.... I had plans on mainly riding casey races over in Illinois and a little of the ones i mentioned above.

magos
12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Also try hookit.com. I signed up there and picked up some sponsors to save me some cash for next year.

Good luck!

racerx573
12-27-2010, 10:54 AM
You can race any series you want to. Results are results.

Miguel1994
12-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I just registed my self in quadsponsor.

I out novicious or something like that.

what aer my chances of getting some little sponsor.

And what do I have to do to get one, send someone my info or they will contact me by the site.

Is it good to put my self-phone number?

stutzmanracing
12-27-2010, 02:16 PM
thanks for the info guys! 2010 was my first racing season and i signed up for quadsponsor as well as mxsponsor and i already have some responses! Oneal mx sent me a request, as well as Vortex without me even contacting them first. I also sent a request to Gaerne and they accepted!

Miguel1994
12-27-2010, 02:19 PM
you got the sponsor from MX or quad sponsors? by the time, what did they offered you, and how do you do the request? the site doesn't have any PM system.

stutzmanracing
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
i got some from both of them...they send you a message and i got 40-50% discounts for any of their products

racerx573
12-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I like MXSponsor because they have a few more companies. I'm not a big fan of the quad-specific companies on QuadSponsor.com

If you decide to actually pay on MXsponsor.com use promo code x573jz and you'll get like 10% off.

stutzmanracing
12-27-2010, 05:18 PM
alrite thanks man...yea im waiting to see where i can get the most sponsors before paying the 50 bucks

airmobile101
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I hate XTRM.com,but if you want Kenda as a sponsor, they will hook you up with their Tier 5 program.

racerx573
12-28-2010, 06:29 AM
MXS and QS have mostly the same sponsors on the site. The quad specific sponsors on QSare very few and I already have products from other companies. I go with MXS because of the dscounted promo code price when its time to renew.

Its x573jz a code sent to me when I first signed up. They said to pass it on to other riders. Its an incentive program kinda like referal bonus. So once you're signed up you can get a code of your own to pass on.

nwi45
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Absolutly DO NOT sign up on quadsponsor. The only companys that participate in the program are Gaerne, Twin Air, Oneal, and Smith.

I use hookit.com, but mxsponsor is also a good site.

stutzmanracing
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by nwi45
Absolutly DO NOT sign up on quadsponsor. The only companys that participate in the program are Gaerne, Twin Air, Oneal, and Smith.

I use hookit.com, but mxsponsor is also a good site. actually theres quite a few others: EVS,Yoshimura, MSR,One Industries, Renthal, SIxsixone, Kenda, Hinson, Tag, Utopia, Shoei,BIg Gun, Pro Armor, and Houser

nwi45
12-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I, along with a few others I know have only recieved offers or even replys from the company I listed. I see there's other companys on there

racerx573
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I always had great luck using paper resumes back in the day. I used to get 50% off Maier, Axis sent me a $250 gift certificate. Shoei, Moose, and Alpinestars gave me 50%.

I'm still with Smith and have been for 8 years so I can't disclose my deal with them.

EVS gave me 40%, but I switch to 661 because of better deals and I like some of their stuff better.

Mother's sent me 4 cases of all of their products.

Monster Energy sent me a pallet of energy drinks in 2002 before they got huge and took over the world.

K&N used to give me 70%.

Liquid Performance sent me a case of all of their products.

Paper resumes used to get me some good deals, but then again that's when I was doing pretty well in the A class.

Miguel1994
12-29-2010, 04:41 AM
how long do they usualy take to reply?

racerx573
12-29-2010, 05:58 AM
It varies. Some companies may still take them. I know Tag accepts year round.

Miguel1994
12-29-2010, 06:36 AM
hum ok, I sent some requests and I have not an answer, how long did it take to you? 1 week?

stutzmanracing
12-29-2010, 06:40 AM
i got some of mine the next day after i sent them

Miguel1994
12-29-2010, 07:15 AM
maybe they don't want me.

Can somebody help me finding parts for my rebuild?

i need a nice frame cover for the sides, a botton one the swing hard.

THR36
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
i got some requests.but they are all saying for the 2010 program.. will that carry over into the new year or will it only be for 3 more days?

racerx573
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
It should carry over.

Foxhound013
01-01-2011, 01:04 AM
I just want to double check but quadsponsor will be fine right? I will only get replies from the companies i message and If i do accept the sponsorship do i have to put their stickers on my bike or does it just depend on what their contract says?

stutzmanracing
01-01-2011, 01:46 PM
it depends what the contract says..but i would definetly do mxsponsor instead of quadsponsor. i did both and got 5 responses from mxsponsor and only 2 or 3 from quadsponsor. there are also more choices on mxsponsor

racerx573
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by stutzmanracing
it depends what the contract says..but i would definetly do mxsponsor instead of quadsponsor. i did both and got 5 responses from mxsponsor and only 2 or 3 from quadsponsor. there are also more choices on mxsponsor

Dont forget the promo code!!