PDA

View Full Version : best big bore options?

dericsdad
12-26-2010, 04:53 PM
What is the best big bore way to go for our Blaster? Looking at these options, let me know if you now of a better option.

1)Resleave stock cylinder and bore to 72mm. Mild porting and head work. Wiseco or vito's piston? around $200.00 plus machine work.

2)Vito's 240 (72mm) cylinder kit with head piston gaskets etc.
about $550.00-bolt on kit.

Should I use a stock style Wiseco Crank, Stuffer stock stroke, or 3mm stuffed stroker kit.

We have an FMF Gold series pipe. Plan to go with a 30-34mm carb. as needed also.

Pleas only reply if you have actual experience with this, looking at being competitive with the built 300ex's etc. in our MX series.

Thanks!

Dan

headache
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
any of those combos can work great. if your putting a crank in anyways you might as well get the +3 and have it ported to match. I'd recommend the LA Sleeve kit if you can afford it. It can be made to produce the most power of any of the kits out there. I built a stock cylinder bigbore about a year and a half ago. I went with 72.5 vitos forged piston, a milled head which yeilded 190psi of compression. strong midrange portwork, a dynoport big volume pipe, a 35mm mikuni Tm flatslide carb with boyesen pro series reeds. It was a really strong motor, probably faster in a drag race than my Lt250r i have now, however it dindn't have as much bottom end torque. It would pull a wheelie up in 5th gear by tugging on the bars. It would take a hell of a built 300ex to beat it around a track as long as the suspension and rider could handle the quad.. the choices are up to you. just depends on how deep your pockets are.. Also the +3 crank would help yield more torque and displacement as well

headache
12-27-2010, 01:34 PM
also i had a fatty on the quad when i first got the motor going. It had better bottom end than the dynoport but didn't rev out near as high on top. The power pros/ct/trinity pipe is bout the best out there for all around power on the blaster

greenmachine70
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
get the airsal 240 kit. best by far....
also get the Keihin PWK 35mm airstriker carb for that setup.

Dualstroke
12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
The la sleeve/ct kit is by far the best big bore cylinder for the blaster on the market.Hands down.Second would be the airsal 240 kit.Vitos makes an ok foreign cylinder with the 12 port design but needs alot of port work to make them right.You will be happy with a +3mm vitos crank( no case machining required but you do need to relieve it a little bit to clear the rod) and a stock ported cylinder.I run a stock ported cylinder on one bike,a vitos 240 ported on the other,a airsal 240 on another and all 3 use the +3 vitos crank.All have been very dependable for me.I have run the ct kit and it is one great cylinder and once you compare all the cylinders together you will see why.I have a 4mm with a ct kit here going on a drag bike.A stock ported cylinder will outrun a vitos 240 stock cylinder anyday.

greenmachine70
01-02-2011, 03:35 PM
dualstroke check pms

drxracing
01-31-2011, 11:14 PM
I have a new +3 stroker crank that i might wanna sell still in the box