PDA

View Full Version : 400 EX brake problem

sweendogg
12-26-2010, 08:16 AM
I got a new caliper and brakes. I put them on and bleed the brakes. Now they are stuck and will not allow the tires to turn. How do I adjust them?

hocman123
12-26-2010, 08:27 AM
well i don't think they adjust. there still might be a little air in the lines this things can take a long time and a lot of work untill u get everything out. but the the caliper or ers don't know if its front or back, u have gotten might not work right i had a friend get one and it was totally siezed up when he got it.

i would dismount them and check them for proper operations fist before i do anything

sweendogg
12-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Its the back brakes. It is brand new. I tried to use a c clamp and get the caliper closed all the way but it is still so tight I cant get the tires to turn. I might just put on one of the old brake pades until it wears down a little..not sure what too do!

togup
12-26-2010, 11:50 AM
sounds like the brake pads are to thick, are they factory or aftermarket?

CJM
12-26-2010, 12:06 PM
I had the same problem with my stock front calipers.

The calipers I found were locked up and the pistons were bad so I just bought new ones.

Take it apart and see how easily the piston compresses with a c clamp or whatever, if it goes in hard then it needs to be cleaned or worst case replaced.

OR

The pads are wrong/to thick.

2k4400ex
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I just had to clean all of my calipers. they were not retracting the small amount that they are supposed to so i used a c-clamp and some wd-40 to loosen them up and after three cycles they worked great... now i can push the bike with little effort.

06typeS
01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
If they are brand new sounds like something isn't right with the alighnment of the claiper/bracket or the pads are to thick.

you can always take an air powered sander to the pads, just try and keep them even