PDA

View Full Version : ricers

400exrules
02-11-2003, 06:29 PM
sorry but im retarded. im not exactly sure wut a ricer is could someone summarize one for me.

killed300ex
02-11-2003, 06:31 PM
a japensese sp? car or truck typicaly a wana be high proformance.
Typical ricers:
honda
toyota ect......
Also they can range from 4 wheelers to street bikes to car to trucks
killed

killed300ex
02-11-2003, 06:32 PM
PS it comes from rice burners. Cause the people in japan eat rice so i dont know the connection lol so ill shut up
killed

Fender Bender
02-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Ya know the car that always drives through your neigborhood that sounds like a sick sheep and has type R stickers all over it? ya..........

400exrules
02-11-2003, 06:34 PM
ok lol

Stevie-D
02-11-2003, 06:36 PM
oops!! i burnt the rice!

flyin#5
02-11-2003, 06:36 PM
yeah what they said. but i dont think you can be considered a ricer if you have like a jap sports car but dont have all the stickers and crap on it right? its just stupid ppl that also put 10ft high spoilers on the back of there "pimped out" civics

bluebaron
02-11-2003, 06:37 PM
:confused2

tants
02-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by banshee_ex07
:confused2

lmao that sums it up right there!

400exrules
02-11-2003, 06:40 PM
cuz my friend is a wanna be racer/ricer or wutever. LOL he said he's gonna get a civic and put a V8 in it and i was like :eek: your gonna blow the competition away man!!!! lol he's a frickin idiot. he doesnt know ***** about cars or all the work he'd need to do to it and i took him to a quad drag strip once and he was like, why r they driving manual fourwheelers with a clutch, the automatics ar gonna win and i was like :huh then a 250r on alky went up there and and jetted down the track coverin us in roost and he was like :eek: LOL

Scott
02-11-2003, 06:49 PM
I was just reading an article about a Supra, 1200hp at the crankshaft, 1000hp to the ground (respectable by any standard) and they were talking about it putting muscle cars to shame. The owner also said he stopped keeping track of how much $ he had in it when he hit $100,000.

Couple points here.
1. I can make a geo metro run in the 8s with $100,000.
2. If ricers were the way to go, John Force wouldn't be running a 7000hp nitro burning 500CI Hemi V8.
3. That Supra is a twin turbo, running 34lbs of boost, plus nitrous. A chevette would scream with 34lbs of boost and another 15psi of nitrous. I'd also like to see how many miles you get out of an engine (since they made sure to say how this ws a street car) while pushing 34lbs of boost.

Got Roost?
02-11-2003, 06:59 PM
THE SLOW AND DELIRIOUS:D

400exrules
02-11-2003, 08:05 PM
lol im pretty sure i get it now haha

airheadedduner
02-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Japan has a law that allows them to tax people that have cars with motors larger then 2 lliters, and it is a heavy tax do to land mass and population constraints. So engineers at honda, toyota, ect. found ways to pump out more efficient motors, not monsterous gas guzzleing monsters like so many american cars are.

The supra is a staple race car in japan, most of series races are spec. races limiting dissplacement. Thats why you see twin turbo'd supras and not 500CI hemi's on nitromethane in ricers. You can't compare a GT racer to a 1/4 mile dragster and expect to make a convincing argument.

I don't take either side of the ameriacan muscle vs. ricer argument cause I like cars on both sides but some of you ricer bashers just contradict yourselfs. Your the same people who shun harly's pushrod motor, which most muscle cars use, and talk how a DOHC sport bike whoops it with less cc's. Even though that it is the same priciple you are argueing the opposite side for when it comes to the american v. jap argument.:rolleyes:

Just for kicks check out www.beaterz.com and go to the oneliners section. You will laugh your *** off!!!:p :D

Scott
02-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Airheadduner: The Supra article I was referring to is in this months Popular Science, feel free to check my story. They refer to the car as a 1000hp street car that is purpose built for drag racing. So yes, the comparison I made is valid. Ricers also fit in one of two categories, posers or drag racers. Has anyone ever seen NOPI sponsoring a road race? Nope.

BTW, your stereotype doesn't fit me either. I'm the Harley guy that hates crotch rockets. I like modern technology and would love to retrofit EFI on my old Dodge 440, along with aluminum heads and modern electrical systems. But I'm a supercharger fan instead of a turbo or NO2.

Jay300ex
02-12-2003, 06:28 AM
I dont mind ricers, I only hate the drivers usually. They think because they have a spoiler and an exhaust witha cheap shot of nos that they are so pumped up. I do admire them for their efficiency though, my brother has 20k+ in his Civic Del Sol and I think it was well, well spent, especially in the stereo, thats what I admire most is the stereo because its a really well built enclosure, and the interior of the car is just so trick. He does have a mild spoiler but there are no stickers, ( black as black can get is the color )

Now look at American cars, I read an artical about Cadillac making the "16" concept car. . V16 all Aluminum engine block . . get real, we havent won any wars yet haha.

Jay

airheadedduner
02-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Scott
Airheadduner: The Supra article I was referring to is in this months Popular Science, feel free to check my story. They refer to the car as a 1000hp street car that is purpose built for drag racing. So yes, the comparison I made is valid. Ricers also fit in one of two categories, posers or drag racers. Has anyone ever seen NOPI sponsoring a road race? Nope.

BTW, your stereotype doesn't fit me either. I'm the Harley guy that hates crotch rockets. I like modern technology and would love to retrofit EFI on my old Dodge 440, along with aluminum heads and modern electrical systems. But I'm a supercharger fan instead of a turbo or NO2.

I stand corrected. I was mainly refering to the youngins who come on here and start going off.

Turbo's are overrated, so much effiecency lost through heat, you can get a denser and cooler charge off a supercharger. I don't understand why quad draggers don't try to adapt one. Alba did it on a LT540 but I never heard the results. If they can graft 3rd cylinders onto shee's and CR500, pilot, and polarias jugs on an R bottom end they should be able to figure out how to put a little ole supercharger on and get it to work.:ermm:

Scott
02-13-2003, 06:18 AM
I definitely agree with one point about the import tuners and that's the efficiency of the engines. Take Honda's S2000 for example, 240hp from a normally aspirated 2.0L engine. To match that, a Viper V-10 would have to be in the 960hp range. Or a Vette Z06 (which I believe is still a 5.7L engine) would have to be in the 700hp ballpark. That would be truly impresive.

Nausty
02-14-2003, 07:01 AM
To me a ricer is a honda civic or cheap car made to look fast. I don't consider a supra or 3000gt a "ricer" but when people are running double decker rear wings on a front wheel drive car with enlarged exhaust tips, torched springs and bucket seats and every gauge on the car they could possibly have thats not even hooked up. Basically all show and no go.