PDA

View Full Version : 05 450R won't start

ALXKFX450R
12-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Just did a valve adjustment,new spark plug and installed a new stator...grrrrr. two weeks ago I could not get it to kick start but it would bump start.When riding it would stall easy.So a friend helped me adjust the valves(which did need done),we decided to change the spark plug while we were at it. Bike wouldn't kick or bump start. Then found that there was no spark. dealership said i need a new stator,so I replaced it my self. I need help and dont rule out the obvious! Thanks

DnB_racing
12-25-2010, 03:05 PM
if your valves needed adjusting there is a good chance the valves are cupped!! did you perform a leak down test?

and as far as no spark goes, tether switches are designed to fail in the off position, disconnect the tether ground and check!!

or if you still have your safeties on the throttle and clutch check them also

ALXKFX450R
12-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Thanks,not sure what the safeties are tho? is that the buttons and switches? if so the bike is gutted of them. I will check the ground on the tether.Also I have 6 hrs on these new valves,so do you still think I should perform a leek down test? If my mechanic never seated the valves could that be my issue? not even sure exactly what that means but I know buddy has been dealing with this issue from the same mechanic( replacing valves).Thanks for your help!