PDA

View Full Version : 2010 TRX420FPE ES stuck in gear

iasc300
12-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Im kinda in a bind. I purchased a Honda Rancher 2010 TRX420FPE es 4x4 w/ PS off the Garvis Honda showroom floor a couple months ago. I bought it for plowing since the winter in the country sucks around here. Anyways its has only been driven a few times. The last time I plowed it died when I went to shift from R to 1 gear. I used the manual shifter tool and poped it into 1st and it shifted freely with no problems after that. Now we got 4 inches of snow lastnight and suppose to get 3 more today. I went out and plowed half the driveway and it died again in 4th gear. So i grabed the manual shifter again and its not doing anything, I can pull it back and forth and there is not tention. I have tried rocking the atv, pushing it, pulling and and it just stays in 4th gear and I cant get to to pop back into any other gear? Any ideas? The driveway is filling up with snow and the wife is nagging me and no one is open. Feels like a bad dream. Thanks for your help guys!

iasc300
12-24-2010, 10:00 AM
I pulled both brakes and the atv started but it still wont shift into any other gear. The 4 blinks 3 times while its in idol, and thats all its doing