PDA

View Full Version : recondmend shift squadron pant/jersey for mx?????

tants
02-11-2003, 05:41 PM
would anyone recondmend the shift squadron pants and jersey for mx? i really like the camo colors, but the pants are baggy and are designed to go over your boots, or have zipoffs so you can wear them as shorts, and the jersey is only 3/4 sleeve, so your foreman is uncovered. would you recondmend these for mx? they would seem great for freestyle because of the flexibitly. but since they are cut baggy, i wouldnt know if they would be too great for mx. some help would be great because i plan on ordering some new riding gear.

thanks!

tants
02-11-2003, 05:42 PM
here are the pants...

tants
02-11-2003, 05:44 PM
heres a picture of last year model that simular to this years squaron combo. these are left overs from last year, if you recondmend a tighter fit for mx i'll order these insted of the squadrons. someone help me out, thanks

tants
02-11-2003, 05:46 PM
my question was is tighter fitting gear beter for mx? (this is my first season) thanks a lot

EXflattracker
02-11-2003, 05:49 PM
I would recommend a snug pant but a little bit looser jersey so you can move your upper body pretty freely. Dont' get the pants to tight around the waste either, most of all be comfortable while racing/ wearing the gear.

Nausty
02-11-2003, 09:32 PM
I like em' but as I said in other posts I wish I wouldn't of got them because everyone else and there brother are getting the shift squadrens now.

tants
02-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I like em' but as I said in other posts I wish I wouldn't of got them because everyone else and there brother are getting the shift squadrens now.

i like to be different but if you like them, thats all that matters, people wont juge you just on how your dressed, but on your riding style :cool:

A4StrokeGuy
02-12-2003, 02:20 PM
I highly recommend the squadron pants, i've had mine for a year and have had 0 problems, i really like them when its hot out, u can unzip the legs just a bit to get sum air moving through. The jersey i would say get a full arm sleeve not the 3/4 but just my opinion.

Jordan

Sparks425Ex
02-12-2003, 03:20 PM
SHIFT is the only gear compnay I will ever support until somone else steps it up and starts helping out Quads.

tants
02-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
SHIFT is the only gear compnay I will ever support until somone else steps it up and starts helping out Quads.

word

motoracer11
02-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Everyone used to wear FOX and now alot of people are buying SHIFT...I'll agree to that

I think FOX owns Shift or sumthin like that.

tants
02-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by motoracer11
Everyone used to wear FOX and now alot of people are buying SHIFT...I'll agree to that

I think FOX owns Shift or sumthin like that.

fox is still cool but i dont see them helping quads out in any way or form :o

MxDale71
02-12-2003, 07:40 PM
You get what you pay for... I got O'Neal Elements, and although I like the looks of them, they don't last very long at all. My jersey is good, and I LOVE my O'neal 714 helmet, and my knee/shin gaurds are great, but my pants have a lot of week stitching on them. Other than that, I've been more than happy w/ my O'Neal gear.

Um... if I'm not mistaken, O'Neal sponsors Tim Farr, and some other gear companies sponsor other quad racers. I thought Kory Ellis was sponsored by Fox?

Back on topic, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of people are getting or already have that squadron gear, but if you like it, go for it. I haven't heard anyone complain about the freestyle gear for MX, and how much do you think full sleeves are really going to help over 3/4 sleeves? If you slide on your arms when you wreck, it'll scrape up your arms either way. Buy which ever you're comfortable with.

But, if you don't have some already, I would highly recommend some knee/shin gaurds. They have helped me out considerably a couple times already and they also keep me from getting those bruises on the inside of my knees. You wanna be comfortable in a race and trying to lean in a corner w/ bigass bruises on your knee's gets annoying as he11 and will make you not want to lean as much.

tants
02-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
You get what you pay for... I got O'Neal Elements, and although I like the looks of them, they don't last very long at all. My jersey is good, and I LOVE my O'neal 714 helmet, and my knee/shin gaurds are great, but my pants have a lot of week stitching on them. Other than that, I've been more than happy w/ my O'Neal gear.

Um... if I'm not mistaken, O'Neal sponsors Tim Farr, and some other gear companies sponsor other quad racers. I thought Kory Ellis was sponsored by Fox?

Back on topic, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of people are getting or already have that squadron gear, but if you like it, go for it. I haven't heard anyone complain about the freestyle gear for MX, and how much do you think full sleeves are really going to help over 3/4 sleeves? If you slide on your arms when you wreck, it'll scrape up your arms either way. Buy which ever you're comfortable with.

But, if you don't have some already, I would highly recommend some knee/shin gaurds. They have helped me out considerably a couple times already and they also keep me from getting those bruises on the inside of my knees. You wanna be comfortable in a race and trying to lean in a corner w/ bigass bruises on your knee's gets annoying as he11 and will make you not want to lean as much.

well i shouldnt say fox doesnt help quadriders... they do sponcor some of them. they also distribute huevos grandas, which is a quad video... so i guess they do help. i would think full sleeve is beter then 3/4 sleeve because if you get roost thrown at you... i also think it would be beter cause no one wants to have burnt forearms on those hot summery races... im deff ordering shift, im going to see if they still carry last years model (the 3rd picture i posted) thanks a lot guys