PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem & Anti Vibe

dlunn
12-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Does an anti vibe clamp effect the overall height of the bars? The stems are all listed as +1 +2 but is that for stem length only or with the anti vibe clamp installed. Does the anti vibe add any height?

I'm 6'3" and would like a bit more height for my bars and was thinking of +2 with CR high bend bars. Will this require new brake lines? I only have the stock ones on there now.

250Renvy
12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't think the clamp affects the overall height.

The best thing to get the extra height is probably some bar risers, then you can go with some atv bend bars or atv high bend bars.

A +2 stem with CR high bend bars is probably around stock height.

You could order an adjustable height stem like the one I got made for my HRE frame. Goes from stock height to +3.

RyanWsly
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
going off memory here but I'm pretty sure the anti vibe clamp adds about 1" to the height, so stock antivibe is like a +1 standard stem.

dlunn
12-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by RyanWsly
going off memory here but I'm pretty sure the anti vibe clamp adds about 1" to the height, so stock antivibe is like a +1 standard stem.

That's what I was wondering. I was looking at pictures of some of the builds on here with longer stems and anti vibe clamp and the bars seem to sit up pretty high. The one picture was SilverLake250r's QOTM with a 1.5" Roll stem and tag bars. I don't know the bend on them but they look like they sit up there nice.

Marc, if you read this what bend are your bars?