PDA

View Full Version : 2009 series outlaw shock swap?

TheLane
12-21-2010, 07:49 PM
What shocks from other bikes are swappable with the outlaw
Like i know for a trx 700 you can swap the ds450 shocks ect
with light mods.

reason im asking is im looking to add front shocks with rebound and high/low speed compression on the front.

You can get the resevoir upgrade for the fronts but that still doesnt give you rebound. but im on a budget and want to find something used.

dustin_j
12-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Just get all three shocks revalved and resprung with your stock arms and axle and start racing. C&D Racing has done a lot of work with Outlaws. Rebound adjust on the front isn't necessary, you won't really need to adjust it once it's set up well. FYI, rebound adjust also affects compression damping.

fearlessfred
12-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j well. FYI, rebound adjust also affects compression damping. [/B] i am allways impressed with your comments

dustin_j
12-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
i am allways impressed with your comments

Likewise! Thanks Fred.

TheLane
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Noone loves my comments... :ermm: :P

fearlessfred
12-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Noone loves my comments... :ermm: :P why of course.im impressed with anyone that asks questions and educates themselfs before going out and spending money on parts and service they dont need.kudos to you. my comment to dustin is because in my opinion, he gives good sound advice in a polite manner and seems to share the same interest in suspension that i do. unlike me whos comments sometimes are abrasive and quite often end up in debate ( which i like to do).there are a lot of sharp guys on here whom i have never met , but have a lot of respect for. i would concider everones advice when asking questions

TheLane
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I definitely agree with you on that, Everyone on here is so helpful and knowladgeable. And to my surprise i have asked a lot of stupid questions and noone has gotten upset at me yet! :D Advice like this makes sure that with me being on a budget i spend my money the best way possible.

fearlessfred
12-23-2010, 12:55 PM
well, they say,the only stupid question is the one not asked and i agree. good luck to you and i hope you do good at mx