PDA

View Full Version : rhino vrs rzr ??

kjw1961
12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
looking at buying either an 08 rzr or a rhino,know nothing about these units,anyone give me a little input which might be better,trail riding and putting around,my thing..they have both been around long enough to know which one stands up better,judt don't know anyone with them..

JBENSON
12-21-2010, 06:14 PM
If you are looking for something sporty and performance I would take the RZR. The Rhino has a bigger cargo box for hauling. I think they are both good machines, but I would go for the RZR, and I think they look nicer too.

jrspawn
12-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Rhino all the way! Nothing is on par with the durability of the rhino. Yes out of the box the box the rzr is faster, but at the end of the day its still just a polaris:ermm:

kyledvor61
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Never driven a rhino, but cant speak more highly of my rzr. I was a little leary since after all it is a Polaris, but I beat the crap out of it and havent had a single issue. You can drive it aggresively and it will take it, or you can putt around on it, as i let my 10 year old neighbor do. very nice machine I am impressed.

motochamp250
12-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by kyledvor61
Never driven a rhino, but cant speak more highly of my rzr. I was a little leary since after all it is a Polaris, but I beat the crap out of it and havent had a single issue. You can drive it aggresively and it will take it, or you can putt around on it, as i let my 10 year old neighbor do. very nice machine I am impressed.

just curious, what year model is yours? s or standard?

SRH
12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
from whsat ive seen any sort of recreational riding or sport riding get the rzr, working the rhino is great, like jrspawn said they last forever, well built, my buddy pulled a neighbors stuck tractor out with his

kjw1961
12-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanx for the input guys,I had a 04 500 polaris quad which had lots of mechanical issues even with gentle use and low mileage,so a bit hesitant to buy the rzr........

400grl
12-22-2010, 04:58 PM
For quality, you can't beat the Rhino. For something you will be using for some work/hauling stuff, and also want to go riding on the trails, the Rhino is a lot of fun. It's also very tough and can go just about anywhere - better ground clearance than the RZR, too.

quad2xtreme
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
If you plan to ride in public riding places, check the width requirements. I thought the Rhino was too wide for most trail systems?

quad2xtreme
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
If you plan to ride in public riding places, check the width requirements. I thought the Rhino was too wide for most trail systems?