PDA

View Full Version : Mount Goldwing Fairing to 450R

PhilMoore
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
One of the most aggravating things to me is when I go to leave work, and it has snowed, and there is frozen ice on my windshield and the wiper blades are stuck to the windshield.

I am sure I am not the first to think of this, but why don't the manufacturers put a couple of those little heat wires across the bottom of the windshield. You know, like the ones that are in the back window? They would just need a couple of them across the bottom. It would not hamper the vision I don't think. Yes, I can leave the truck idling for 15 or 20 minutes while it heats up, but I would rather not.

Scro
12-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I've always used De-icer spray on my windshields in the morning. Granted I'm in Alabama, where any ice accumulation is usually melted by lunch, it works fairly well on those extra cold 30 degree mornings.:p The heat wires sound like a good idea. Or better yet, design a low-amperage, waterproof heat blanket that hooks to your battery. Throw it on the windshield at night, unplug it when you go to leave.

JBENSON
12-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Some Subaru cars have the defroster wires where the wipers rest on the windshield. I think they should also make the wiper blade heated also to keep the wiper from icing and keep it flexable.

Pappy
12-21-2010, 06:30 PM
They could just do away with ice..i'd be happy:)

12-21-2010, 06:48 PM
i wana see a Goldwing fairing mounted on a 450R

BuB400
12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
www.everblades.com I just seen a set in a magazine.

Canadian144
12-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JBENSON
Some Subaru cars have the defroster wires where the wipers rest on the windshield. I think they should also make the wiper blade heated also to keep the wiper from icing and keep it flexable.

+1, I was gonna say this already exists! Our 09 STI has it.

CJM
12-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Get winter wiper blades. They are covered with no exposed area besides the blade.

Then you turn over the car and let it warm up. before you walk away carve a large X on the windshield and when you come out and scrape the ice slightly it will come right off.

That or carry some cardboard and throw it over everything.

yellow416ex
12-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Roostar 450
i wana see a Goldwing fairing mounted on a 450R

Just curious, what does this have to do with wiper blades? I would like to see this too though...