PDA

View Full Version : Help wit wiring a DRR50

JustinBoots
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Hoping you guys can offer me some help since I'm a newbie....apologies in advance if this should be in mechanical section but figured this might be seen better in our little area. I just got my son's 50cc motor back from the builder and I basically let him build what he felt would meet our needs best. My question is about this Doppler ignition that he installed in it. He said the instructions were in French and was trying to get an English version for me, but hoped maybe some of you might be familiar. My son's DRR electrical system is stripped to the exception of having the tether. i have the factory coil with spade terminal, an aftermarket CDI box. and this ignition system which has 4 wires (White, Yellow w/Green tracer, Red w/Black tracer, and a solid Yellow) I'm not even sure if this ignition has it's own internal CDI/Exciter or if I need to run an external CDI. Feeling lost hoping you guys can offer some insight.

Here's a link to the only site I have found selling it:

Link Here (http://www.spi-parts.com/mini-quad-parts/70cc-cvt-quads/doppler-racing-ignition.html)

Thanks guys.

THARNESS
12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
bonne chance pour que

JustinBoots
12-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by THARNESS
bonne chance pour que

:confused: Say What? :D

JustinBoots
12-22-2010, 05:42 AM
bump

doonanracing
12-22-2010, 07:19 AM
connecter une prise/une lampe blaek a' blaek rouge a' rouge learn jargo francais faciliter compredre

JustinBoots
12-22-2010, 07:27 AM
So I connect the headlight to the Red w/black tracer it sounds like. So since I have no headlight I won't be using that one.

coffing918
12-22-2010, 10:01 AM
use this
http://translate.google.com/#fr|en|

JustinBoots
12-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah that's what I was using but none of the information out there was helpful. The UK sites even have a translate option on them and that wasn't offering any useful information.

THARNESS
12-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I can't belive your engine builder can't tell you how to hook it up. Whenever I had this problem I would call Rich Hetrick and he would walk me through it. Is this the first time your guy has used this type of ignition? Good luck.

JustinBoots
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I think it might be his first time with this system. I haven't been able to reach him except for the last time when he said the instructions that came with it were in French and he was calling the Pollini rep to see about getting an English version.

THARNESS
12-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Hetrick Racing uses alot of Polini stuff. They are great people. Call them and see if they can help you.

JustinBoots
12-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Great news! I got instructions from the guys at SPI so I have something to try and interpret at least. You can tell it's translated, but its a start at least. I tried to attach it here but its a Word doc with images in it so saving as txt didn't do any good as far as being uselful. Anyone who needs it can contact me if they like and I can email it.