PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Please Read

JRP
12-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Well if you guys have known me for awhile, you all know, well most that I have had a great girlfriend over the last 2 years. Her name is chelsea mathis. Shes a year younger than me but shes just perfect. When we first met 4 years ago, her and her mom were joined at the hip, they were always together, always going shopping and were bestfriends. Her mom had her when she was 17 so shes very close to her daughter. When we first started dating back in december of 2008 her mom was having some symptoms that were causing concern.
She went to go see doctor after doctor and no one could figure out what was wrong. First they thought she was just having hormonal problems, then a putitary gland issue, then putuitary tumour, then realized it was something much worse.... brain tumor. To be precise it is called "Histiocytosis". Here is a link if youd like to read on it. http://www.histio.org/site/c.kiKTL4PQLvF/b.1763811/k.8B13/LCH_in_Adults.htm

She developed this brain tumor from this horrible disease. At first the only symptoms were losing her period(from the tumor growing and pressing on certain glands) to now, not knowing what day it is, who people are, where she is, etc... They took her to john hopkins because every hospital here in virginia would not do surgery. Hopkins took her in, did her surgery, took 9 hours, but could only remove a size of your pinky fingernail.... It was so close to her optic nerve they could not risk the chance of permantly making her blind.
Her next step was radiation. They took her and started a week treatment. She got a little better about a month after but progressively went downhill. About five weeks ago, she got done with her second and final round of radiation. She has still not regained any sense of where she is, or whos around, but we are hoping and praying that she does get better, we are puting it in gods hands. Chelsea's dad has been working and working, asking for families help, co workers, and friends. We are doing everything we can for them in person, and financially. I am reaching out to you guys for help, for all their bills they have, because as we all know, the economy is not doing good and his comapny isn't going very well.
I set up a paypal account for donations, whether its a dollar, or more. For every 100 dollars I can get, id like to donate 10 to Histiocytosis Association of America Mission and help the research of this disease and maybe one day be able to win the battle! I know its not as large as cancer, and every 1 and 200,000 children get born with it, but it is another disease that can and will be stopped. My paypal is jrp859@gmail.com. Thank you guys and god bless you all! If you would like any more information please leave comments or message me. Thank you

Pappy
12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Very sorry to hear of this Jordan.

JRP
12-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Very sorry to hear of this Jordan.

Me too ken. Its been a very hard battle, and i just pray every night that she gets better for my girlfriend, and her whole family. It kills me. The other night, I got chelsea from her house, drover 4miles down the road, and she just broke down crying. Like uncontroled tears. It tears me apart knowing how close they were, and she really has not had her mom in over a year and a half. She keeps asking, "chelsea, why aren't you in school, you need to graduate"..... she graduated this past june and her mom went. She said to us about a month ago, "you guys need to go to bed, santa comes in the morning" and its not just one time she says it, its repetitive. If I can get anythign out of this, its the prayers that mean the most, they do amazing things and I just hope everythign can come together for them! Thank you all so much for the support and prayers!

honda400ex2003
12-20-2010, 05:20 PM
sorry to hear this :( she will be in my prayers for sure along with the rest of her fam and yours. steve

JRP
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
sorry to hear this :( she will be in my prayers for sure along with the rest of her fam and yours. steve

thank you very much steve!

Quad18star
12-20-2010, 05:50 PM
She'll be in my prayers Jordan. Positive attitudes go a long way ... and I believe help in healing people.

CJM
12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Im pretty much broke, but Im sending you 10 bucks. I know its not much, but Im sure every dollar will help.

Best of luck with the entire ordeal, I hope she gets better.

JRP
12-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
She'll be in my prayers Jordan. Positive attitudes go a long way ... and I believe help in healing people.

Thanks greg, we are definitely staying postitive, theres no question about that. Shes so close to all of us, she was like my second mom, and to just see all of that slowly fade, so sad. But whenever I see her I make sure im always happy to see her and tell her how much fun she is and how much i love her. Chelsea does the same but its just so hard now, we just want her better

CJM - thanks man, every penny counts, I know it will go a long way. Thank you so much for the thoughts and donation!

CJM
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Your welcome JRP. I just sent it a minute ago as a gift so they dont tax it. I also wrote you a message in paypal as well.

Ill be praying for her :)

JRP
12-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Your welcome JRP. I just sent it a minute ago as a gift so they dont tax it. I also wrote you a message in paypal as well.

Ill be praying for her :)

Just got it marc, thank you so much once again. When I told chelsea I was doing this she was so happy! We are going to try to get a fundraiser going in our coutny also, just trying to think of ideas since carwashes wont be going on since its in the 20s! lol If you all have any ideas I appreciate it! Thanks again everyone for your support and prayers!

WhiteYFZ
12-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Seen you post this on fb , sorry to hear this man :(
Hopefully she will pull threw and everything will be alright!

JRP
12-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
Seen you post this on fb , sorry to hear this man :(
Hopefully she will pull threw and everything will be alright!
thanks espo! We can use all the prayers we can get to get her through this!

CJM
12-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Again, no problem at all Jordan. It is my pleasure. Had it been me or someone I know, I know I would appreciate it as well.

Not much you can do this time of year besides going around with a collection can. Maybe put some in local stores or restaurants, ask the house of worship you attend to take up a collection, maybe have the school do a fund raiser?

Scro
12-21-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this Jordan. You guys will be in my prayers.

250ex_dan
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
believe in the lord and he will show you his glory
god bless

jmoney45
12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Putting it in God's hands is the best thing you can do. She is in my prayers as well.

JRP
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Just posting on here to give you all an update! Its been a rough several years for her and her family. Since the last time I posted her father lost his job and is now just trying to get everything paid for and selling as much as he can. Hes worked at a pawn shop for 20+ years and his boss told him he had to choose, wife or work, and of course you all know what anyone would say, so he lost his job. He is attempting to open up one close to their hosue as we speak so lets hope it works out! We are helping painting and doing some other work so he doesn't have to hire anyone and put out anymore money. With medicine, insurance, bills, and normal everyday payments, he has a ton on his plate. Chelsea's mom got put back in hopkins 3 days before christmas, she stayed there for 2 weeks then was put in a rehabilitation center for 2 weeks, she got home almost 2 weeks ago thankfully! Chelsea and her sister spent christmas eve and christmas day with her so it made her very happy! SHe got an MRI done and it showed terrific improvement, but whats taking a toll now is her diabetes. SHe got diabetes insepedus which controls your sodium, makes it go up and down to extreme levels, which essentially changes the way you think, talk, everything. THat is why she was put back into the hospital because she was caught walking down her driveway in the snow saying she wanted to go home.... =(
But back to right now. She is on a medicine, nose spray that holds in fluids to keep her sodium levels normal so she doesn't have another spike or downfall in her sodium levels, but now with being on predisone for over 2yrs(keep swelling down in her brain) and no storing water, it is causing her to swell uncontrolibly, to the point water is coming out of her pores on her legs, blisters, and just extreme pain. She cannot walk and hasn't been able to since friday. Now they put her back on lasiks which will help her get rid of some fluid, but it kind of contradicts her nose spray. See guys, one thing gets better and another gets worse, but with the help from you all, wether its financially, or prayers, they all help and we appreciate everthing the whole atv community and friends have done. I just want to seriously say thank you all so much for keeping us in your prayers and helping out in any way, shape or form! I will keep you all updated! Thank you guys, God Bless

CJM
02-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Sounds like things are looking a bit better. Heres to hoping her dad gets the pawn shop going-looks like his employer is a total jerk..20+ years and he gets the cold shoulder..bs imho.

Sorry her mom is only slightly improved, Im sure with time it will get better.