PDA

View Full Version : brake pads

08-04-2001, 07:38 PM
i was looking at the steve abotts 450ex in dirtwheels when i saw that he got some type of heavy duty brake pad. does anybody have this product? if they do is the braking alot better? thanx :macho

MARCUMS ATV
08-19-2001, 08:14 PM
I sell and run a full metallic pad that lasts what seems like forever. I have changed the rear pads once since installing them in late 99 and I am still on the front set. They work very well. I also recommend changing the brake lines to relieve the mushy feel that the single piston brake calipers give.

Terry

max400EX
08-20-2001, 06:22 PM
Are those the "EMGO BRAKES FULL MET." on motorcycle-atv-pwc site? If so I'm going to order them. I need them bad! What do the come with.. just the pads?

Also when u are standing behind the caliper, the left pad is kinda messed up.. is it supposed to be magnetized on there? mine is not. I need help!

4punksdad
08-21-2001, 06:00 PM
I replaced my pads with stock pads some time ago. I have already gotten more life out of them than I got out of the EBC pads. Price was the same.

Stevo
08-21-2001, 07:57 PM
Not me, I got stock pads after my orginal's wore out and then i got ebc after those wore out. Stock lasted about 4 months w/parking brake and ebc's lasted 8 months w/o parking brake.

TRFOXX
08-22-2001, 09:10 AM
Changing my pads AGAIN 3rd time in 5 months. Went with EBC Severe SV Dudy Grade FA-84 Organic Series we'll see how these work. Honda dealer says they are better than the EBC 84-R pads and stock pads? We'll see!