PDA

View Full Version : Can I store my 450 standing up?

kpnone
12-20-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm new to the 4-strokes and don't have a lot of room in my garage. I usually stand my 2-strokes up on the rear grab bar when I put them in the garage (a real space saver). Can I stand my '08 YFZ450 up on its rear grab bar or will this cause problems with oil leaking or flooding the cylinder or some other problem I haven't considered? Thanks. KP

Vampire2800
12-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I can't answer your whole question, but since the 2008's are carbed, your fuel will drain out. I wouldn't think it would cause any oil problems, but I'm curious to see what other people post.

QuadforceDavid
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
If your gonna leave it like that for a long time I would turn the fuel off and run the quad till the bowl is empty or just drain the carb. That small screw on the side of the bowl at the bottom (shifter side) will drain the bowl if you losen it. I would also drain the oil...the vent tube above the starter will allow oil to leak into the recovery tank and eventually you will have a mess on your hands. I have a few friends that store their YFZ's in this manner and after the first time they did it....huge mess. I guess you just gotta learn the hard way sometimes. LOL

kpnone
01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks, that was my concern. I didn't know how or why, but I was afraid oil might leak somewhere. I guess I'll just have to keep it down on all four tires. Thanks again.

socal
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Mine is in the garage standing up now!Just turn fuel off,run it til it dies.No mess,really not a big deal!

chucked
01-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Mine sit all winter long standing up, just turn the gas off.

nkillian9
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
i have an ltr and had it full of gas when i stood it up to store and gas started leaking out from the gas cap staind my white plastics and ate all the grphics in its path other than that it was fine i was discusted at first but hey i bought it to ride just aint as pretty anymore