PDA

View Full Version : Shame, this is really sad

CJM
12-19-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.gopusa.com/cartoons/assets_c/2010/12/ml500a_101214-thumb-500x348-1209.jpg

yellowzo3
12-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I went to get Christmas cards this year and I was about to smash the entire card section in the store... First of all the Christmas card section gets smaller every year and the WORST part of all?... half of the cards there say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. :mad: ...WTF? The cards have Christmas trees on them, Santas, etc.. and they say Happy Holidays inside instead of Merry Christmas. I looked through all the cards and I couldn't even find any decent ones that say Merry Christmas. It's pathetic and it gets worse every year. I don't even hear people say Merry Christmas anymore :(

ZeroLogic
12-19-2010, 04:57 PM
The country is goin down the pipes in every way possible. :ermm:

exrider12
12-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Another thing that is annoying is when you get a detention for saying " this is gay". According to our school gay is not a synonym for stupid..:rolleyes:

CJM
12-19-2010, 05:39 PM
The other day my mom was in Kmart and some guy wished the cashier a Merry Christmas and the lady said happy holidays and the guy goes, NO MERRY CHRISTMAS and she says shes sorry but she could get fired for saying it.

tbrackman84
12-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by CJM
The other day my mom was in Kmart and some guy wished the cashier a Merry Christmas and the lady said happy holidays and the guy goes, NO MERRY CHRISTMAS and she says shes sorry but she could get fired for saying it.

the idea of political corectness at it's very finest. That is embarassing, lol. I only give money to the Salvation army people ringing the bell if they say merry christmas, lol.

bens250ex
12-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by CJM

i work at corporate grocery store, i have never heard of getting fired for sayin Merry CHRISTmas. . . but that might be some deal with kmart but still i would say it no matter where i worked. I feel as though they don't have a choice in what i say (within a limit)

bens250ex
12-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
the idea of political corectness at it's very finest. That is embarassing, lol. I only give money to the Salvation army people ringing the bell if they say merry christmas, lol.

Thats a good thing to do, just boycott everything that says happy holidays instead of merry christmas

speedracer350X
12-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Their's a verse in the Bible, I think it's in Isaiah, when a country doesn't follow God anymore, it's in trouble. Nuff said, anyways, had a great Christmas program this morning in church, I know the road I'm taking in life, do you? Get your nose in a Bible and start following it's instructions, and you'll never look back!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

wild250rman
12-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by speedracer350X
Their's a verse in the Bible, I think it's in Isaiah, when a country doesn't follow God anymore, it's in trouble. Nuff said, anyways, had a great Christmas program this morning in church, I know the road I'm taking in life, do you? Get your nose in a Bible and start following it's instructions, and you'll never look back!! Merry Christmas everyone!!! the bible is what the fore fathers followed and used to help establish this country maybe if our present day leaders would follow the same belief our country might be turned around and maybe get out of the downward spiral it is heading in. we all need to put Christ back in Christmas. Merry Christmas. Matt. 12/25 Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.

honda400ex2003
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
way to go obaminator, we can thank him for that too... pretty sad to see this stuff going on. i didnt vote for him so i can complain... steve

tbrackman84
12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
Thats a good thing to do, just boycott everything that says happy holidays instead of merry christmas

i dont know if you're agreeing with me or mocking me, but i'm not saying to boycott anything to do with the slogan, Happy Holidays, i'm just saying i like it when people say Merry Christmas to me. LOL. And i agree with steve, 100%, Obama and his minions did some stuff to change the country for the worse. Oh well, its December 19, no reason to think about that garbage, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Pappy
12-20-2010, 04:41 AM
I can understand using "Happy Holidays" to cover several religious dates that fall within this time period, but Christmas itself is being singled out due to it being a Christian holiday/holy day.....and that speaks volumes as to the bigger picture.

Ichoptop
12-20-2010, 07:28 AM
The US is country supposedly built on equality. People that celebrate Christmas really shouldnt complain, at least it is a notionally recognized holiday. Many other religions have holidays that arent recognized and they have to take vacation time from work to celebrate.
It is the holdiay season so if someone tells you happy holidays why not show that Christian spirit that gets talked about so much and reply Happy Holidays back?

remember, just because its your religion, doesn't mean it the only religion.

Canadian144
12-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Living in Canada, it's kinda the same situation. "Happy Holidays" is what every "thing" says.

I mean in no way am I religious at ALL, I just celebrate Christmas/Easter really haha. But still I say "Merry Christmas" to other people who celebrate Christmas, and expect the same in return. I have nothing against other religious holidays - but why do we have to clump them all together as "happy holidays"? If I see a jewish person I know, I'd say "happy hannukah" and expect "merry Christmas" in return.

miller821
12-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
way to go obaminator, we can thank him for that too... pretty sad to see this stuff going on. i didnt vote for him so i can complain... steve

This has slowly been progressing since before Obama... We can't place blame on him.

As far as the greeting card "expressions", i'm sure it is more of their marketing tool...

Happy Winter Solstice everybody!

bens250ex
12-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
i dont know if you're agreeing with me or mocking me, but i'm not saying to boycott anything to do with the slogan, Happy Holidays, i'm just saying i like it when people say Merry Christmas to me. LOL. And i agree with steve, 100%, Obama and his minions did some stuff to change the country for the worse. Oh well, its December 19, no reason to think about that garbage, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

i was agreeing with you

liex21
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry but you guys get a little ridiculous sometimes with blaming everything on obama. I don't agree with a lot of what he is doing but really ? It is the card companies that are doing it by simplifying it to say happy holidays instead of Christmas, Hanukkah,etc it actually makes it easier for the shopper. I don't think who ever you give the card to will be insulted if it says happy holidays instead of a specific holiday. I may be wrong though :confused:

250ex_dan
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by wild250rman
the bible is what the fore fathers followed and used to help establish this country maybe if our present day leaders would follow the same belief our country might be turned around and maybe get out of the downward spiral it is heading in. we all need to put Christ back in Christmas. Merry Christmas. Matt. 12/25 Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.
couldn't have said it better.
that why the bills say god bless america!!
god bless

Ichoptop
12-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Our fore fathers also thought the world was flat, it was ok to own slaves and that women were below men in social status. They escaped a country where they were being persecuted for their religion only to form a new country and persecute everyone else for their religion.

Jesus, the Easter Bunny, Zeus, Santa Claus, Nessie and the Tooth Fairy...all pretty good stories but I'm not drinking the kool-aid.

john willhoite
12-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Where in the bible is Christmas mentioned?

And in the bible isn't there a passage about people who decorated trees getting wiped out?

Christmas has nothing to do with religion.

Just my opinion.

tbrackman84
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Christmas has nothing to do with religion?! It's based around Jesus Christ being born lol. I dont think saying it has nothing to do with religion is a very smart thing to say... just my opinion.

ProspectorJim
12-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by john willhoite
Where in the bible is Christmas mentioned?

And in the bible isn't there a passage about people who decorated trees getting wiped out?

Christmas has nothing to do with religion.

Just my opinion.

As Christmas is a holiday celebrating christ's birth, created long after the bible was written, it wouldn't be in the bible...

CJM
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
As Christmas is a holiday celebrating christ's birth, created long after the bible was written, it wouldn't be in the bible...

bingo.

john willhoite
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
not trying to get in a big fight, but the whole new testment of the bible was written well after Jesus' death.

The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.

Lets create a holiday where the whole point is to buy stuff during the slowets time of the year and call it Jesus birthday......Its called marketing.

witech
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
It would be nice to have all these national religous holidays eliminated and given to each citizen as personal time off days of thier own FREE choosing.

416racer
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Chuck Norris sent Jesus a birthday card on December 25th and it wasn't Jesus’ birthday.
Jesus was to scared to correct Chuck Norris and to this day December 25th is known as Jesus' birthday.

CJM
12-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 416racer
Chuck Norris sent Jesus a birthday card on December 25th and it wasn't Jesus’ birthday.
Jesus was to scared to correct Chuck Norris and to this day December 25th is known as Jesus' birthday.

Winner!

K-Dub
12-22-2010, 02:52 AM
This is how I see it, If you dont believe in Christ and dont celebrate his birthday get back to work, dont take the day off and dont accept your holiday pay. Tell your employer I dont believe in Christ so I dont deserve the day off or pay. Act like its any other day of the year!

bens250ex
12-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
This is how I see it, If you dont believe in Christ and dont celebrate his birthday get back to work, dont take the day off and dont accept your holiday pay. Tell your employer I dont believe in Christ so I dont deserve the day off or pay. Act like its any other day of the year!

AGREED!! but christmas is also more than just gifts, whoever said it has nothing to do with religion is on crack..your crazy...like the others already said its Jesus birthday...but anyways if you dont believe thats your choice. maybe you should read the Bible and look at how much information matches up about certain events and ect, it will prob make you piss your pants. I will be friends with anyone weather gay, black, white, yellow, non christian, christian or whatever but it just bugs me that most non christians like to push and push and push and cry about having the words IN GOD WE TRUST on our money or in the pledge, and how we need to get rid of religion basically. Seriously??? if you dont like it then kiss your own *** and do what you please:macho i dont care what you believe as long as you dont disrespect me. Religion is a touchy subject for most but i wish you all a Merry Christmas no matter what you think.

Jesus is the reason for the season baby!
As for me and my house i will serve the Lord!

250ex_dan
12-22-2010, 12:31 PM
AGREED!! but christmas is also more than just gifts, whoever said it has nothing to do with religion is on crack..your crazy...like the others already said its Jesus birthday...but anyways if you dont believe thats your choice. maybe you should read the Bible and look at how much information matches up about certain events and ect, it will prob make you piss your pants. I will be friends with anyone weather gay, black, white, yellow, non christian, christian or whatever but it just bugs me that most non christians like to push and push and push and cry about having the words IN GOD WE TRUST on our money or in the pledge, and how we need to get rid of religion basically. Seriously??? if you dont like it then kiss your own *** and do what you please:macho i dont care what you believe as long as you dont disrespect me. Religion is a touchy subject for most but i wish you all a Merry Christmas no matter what you think.

god bless your household my friend:)

bmxican345
12-22-2010, 12:50 PM
some of the ignorance and selfishness displayed by some people on this forum scares me...

miller821
12-22-2010, 05:34 PM

I used to be a Christian (Big time), and I think Christianity is great.... But, I now lean more toward the Deist side of religion for many reasons, which I don't expect many to understand. But that's all beside the point.... (Just throwing a bit of background out there.)

As far as Jesus being the "reason" for the season, that is more so Catholicism's way of converting the Pagan's to Christianity. ( Like John explained.)

So, why do I state this? Because according to the time in the scriptures, sheep being out in the field's, etc., it is believed that Jesus was not born in December at all. So why December? Because it goes back to what John stated.

rubbersdown
12-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by miller821
I used to be a Christian (Big time), and I think Christianity is great.... But, I now lean more toward the Deist side of religion for many reasons, which I don't expect many to understand. But that's all beside the point.... (Just throwing a bit of background out there.)

As far as Jesus being the "reason" for the season, that is more so Catholicism's way of converting the Pagan's to Christianity. ( Like John explained.)

So, why do I state this? Because according to the time in the scriptures, sheep being out in the field's, etc., it is believed that Jesus was not born in December at all. So why December? Because it goes back to what John stated.
Agreed, pretty much anyone who has ever done any sort of research on it agrees that Jesus was not born on december 25th. The bible does not say any sort of date at all but given the shepherding in the fields its thought to be in June sometime. Everything to do with the date dec. 25th comes from pagan rituals, from the tree to the presents its all pagan. The "wise men" who were actually magi that gave Jesus gifts gave him them because he was the foretold "king of the jews" and gold, incense and myrrh are gifts that were given to kings, not because it was his birthday especially sense they were not even there when Jesus was born. It says right in the bible that Jesus was a young child (not a baby) when they arrived to a house (no longer in a manger).
Im not trying to bash ppl here or nothing so dont think that. Just stating the facts. Christian "teaching" and biblical doctrinism are so far apart these days its scary. I personally do not celebrate christmas but I do not care if you celebrate Christmas, I think its great that people and families can get together and get along for at least one day a year. I dont even celebrate the holidays and I think its too bad it cant be the holiday season all year long lol.

TAZ450r
12-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I think its too bad it cant be the holiday season all year long lol.

move to sweden is the sulution. ther are pepole whit so many religions living her now that we will soon have holidays all year long ;) we had our first suicied bomber her just a weak ago so now even the terrorist start bringing ther "holidays" to our country...

acctuly both my grandparants and one of my uncels and hes wife are christian priests, but i would still call the hole story of jesus birth for bull****! i celebrate cristmas just because i think it's nice to se family and friends.

honda350r
12-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Happy Holidays everyone!

ATVMX33
12-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

wild250rman
12-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Merry "Christ"mas.

bens250ex
12-25-2010, 07:51 AM
merry CHRISTmas everyone

trick450r
12-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I have to say I never knew their were so many religous folks on here, as far as christmas goes though. I see it as a humanitarian holiday in which you try your best to put a smile on the face of those that matter most to you, thats it.

I'm not a religious man, I prefer to accept the fact that nobody here knows the answers. I sure wouldn't mind an explanation when I die though lol.

Merry christmas everyone

honda350r
12-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Bethlehem the supposed birth place of Christ is 80% Muslim .... :rolleyes: