PDA

View Full Version : flywheel lightening for mx?

800screws
12-19-2010, 02:37 PM
is getting your flywheel cut a mx thing or more of a drag quad thing?

Derrick Adams
12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I think there are mixed opinions on lightened flywheels for MX. I'm pretty sure alot of it stems from doing the CR ignition swap.

Me personally, I like the heavier weight. MX is all about pulling strong out of corners and smooth power delivery.

troybilt
12-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
I think there are mixed opinions on lightened flywheels for MX. I'm pretty sure alot of it stems from doing the CR ignition swap.

Me personally, I like the heavier weight. MX is all about pulling strong out of corners and smooth power delivery.

X2, I've heard pros and cons of both. I like the heavier too, slightly more torque from flywheel effect, but I think the differences are marginal, I've not run a CR flywheel...yet, only the 86 and 89's... some prefer the lighter, claims they rev quicker. Its all personal preference.

josborn
12-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Cr ignition is the way to go. Mine had more snap when I made that move.

sangheraent
12-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I ran a lightend flywheel on my banshee for over a year and I liked that it revved up noticiably quicker then with a stock flywheel.

However I hated that it reved down super fast so I always had to shift down every time I let go of the gas for a couple seconds.

For mx I would say the heavyer flywheel would be better especially if you let off for a turn and need to get back on it fast and you dont like shifting 100x a lap.