PDA

View Full Version : Thicker grips?

K-Dub
12-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Does anyone make thicker grips? I have big hands and suffer from arm pump. I play a little golf (I suck, but its fun) and have noticed that they make different thickness of grips for different sized hands. I hit alot better with an oversized grip on the golf club than the standard sized one. Got me to thinking maybe a thicker or bigger diameter grip would help my arm pump. Also got me to thicking about mounting the grips, using golf grip tape. I have regripped my own clubs and to take old ones off, is like tearing concrete off. So do you think that the grip tape would hold our hand grips in place? I have used the spray paint method on the grips for the last 20 years.

sangheraent
12-19-2010, 01:49 AM
what kind of grips are you using? I got some ourys for my banshee and they are bigger then normal gribs. Im 6foot 230lbs some what of a big guy and It feels great to me.

800screws
12-19-2010, 05:49 AM
yup...those are the ones to get!

xlr810
12-22-2010, 06:13 PM
OURY reverse waffle are nice. I've used them for it almost 20 years.

So are ODI, and they are slightly bigger diameter than OURY. I like the rogue style. They lock on, no need for glue. I've yet to wear out a set. Even put them on my mountain bike.

MXDoug
12-22-2010, 07:47 PM
The Oury grips are great! Try mounting your grips this way. Wipe the bar end with something like acetone, lightly spray the bar end with your girls hairspray then quickly pop the grips on. After that I use some wire (get a wire tying kit).

K-Dub
12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I will check out the oury grips. Have always used 2 left CR grips. Thanks for the answers.

BCTRX
12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Ourys the best by far. I've had em on atleast 10 different Quads and ATCs!

socal
12-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I am 6-2 with hands the size of Shaq.I use the ODI ROGUE lock on grips.They have a plastic sleeve that slides over the bar with the grip on top of that which makes for the largest diameter I have found.The two billet ends that use a set screw/clamp design holds them on tight(different color choices too!)They are a bit more expensive but the grip part lasts a long time and are replaceable!I will never use another grip.

rayman375
12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I like the ODI Rogue also.