PDA

View Full Version : Best mod for a stock motor

charlie99
02-11-2003, 03:11 PM
I was hoping some of you can help me. I got a 99 400ex that is all stock and I was wanting a little more power. I am planning on keeping the motor stock mostly because I ride woods. But my question is what would make the most difference s I was thinking Sparks or LRD exhaust system. Or put my money in a quicksilver carb by Edlebrock. If anyone can help I would truely appreciate the info:)

HOT-ROD
02-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by charlie99
I was hoping some of you can help me. I got a 99 400ex that is all stock and I was wanting a little more power. I am planning on keeping the motor stock mostly because I ride woods. But my question is what would make the most difference s I was thinking Sparks or LRD exhaust system. Or put my money in a quicksilver carb by Edlebrock. If anyone can help I would truely appreciate the info:) either exaust sounds good , but i perfer the 39 fcr over the quicksilver . but thats just my opinon .

Texan32
02-11-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm going to make a suggestion that most here will agree with me. Put money into your suspension FIRST! I had the same thought process when i first started modding my 400. Must go faster...must go faster... Well, believe it or not, a set of good shocks will not only ride smoother/nicer, but the will allow you to ride more agressive, which will MAKE you faster! If i had it to do all over, i would have baught my Elka's and ss brake lines LONG before i looked into a pipe/carb/416 kit.......about the ss brake lines. It is nothin short of AMAZING at the difference in feel and grab with those! Better braking means you can hit turns harder....faster lap times...

just a suggestion.....

OCCRA288
02-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Shocks should be the first mod on everybody's list!!!!!!

trailburner
02-11-2003, 06:01 PM
steering dampner, I allso felt made me faster through the wood's ,I would sell my pipe before i sold me denton!!!

KAWSAM62
02-11-2003, 08:03 PM
damper then susp then pipe:cool: