PDA

View Full Version : Trailer inside design ideas

Razorback
02-11-2003, 02:51 PM
I just recently got an enclosed trailer and am in the process of adding things to the inside. I've visited the pitpal site and they have cool things, but are awfully proud of their products.

The trailer is a few years old (6x14), but already has a cabinet, some shelving and peg board on one side and i put plywood on the other side, so I've got some good area to hang things. I'm just looking for some clever ideas to best utilize the space. Pictures would be great if you have any.

Str8Wicked
02-11-2003, 03:07 PM
How bout a stripper pole and disco ball...

lol

QuadTrix6
02-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
How bout a stripper pole and disco ball...

lol

yea they come standard in the haulmarks :devious: :devil

OCCRA288
02-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Scott, Try a fold out bed. It's awesome for those races thay are a long way from home. Get two large Door or cabinet hinges, some 2x4's, a sheet of 3/4inch plywood and some big OD Metal screws. I don't know what the piece is called but get two socket looking things with a flange that has screw holes in it. You should be able to get threaded pipe that will screw into the socket. THese will be the legs for the bed. I don't have my trailer right now but when it gets back I'll try to get you some pics.

Also build A tire rack for the Front part of the trailer.

Razorback
02-11-2003, 03:52 PM
The foldout bed thing is something I definitely want to do. I was trying to figure out how I would do it in order to keep it out of the way when I'm not using it. I like your idea. Get pics when you can :)

Str8Wicked
02-11-2003, 04:38 PM
well the bed would come in handy with the stripper pole and disco ball installed... Oh yeah don't forget a bumpin system for the girls ont he poles.... lol

Razorback
02-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
well the bed would come in handy with the stripper pole and disco ball installed... Oh yeah don't forget a bumpin system for the girls ont he poles.... lol

Ha! I'll be sure to put springs on the bed :D

rider250ex
02-12-2003, 07:10 PM
i would say get one of those tool boxes with wheels and a little work bench on top. i think that would come in handy. and you would be able to move it depending on what you wanted to put in there

MX26
02-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Scott, how many quads are you going to be hauling? If it's just your 416, you can afford the room to make it really nice. We have a 6x16 and haul 3 quads in it, so we're cramped for space. We've got a roll away toolbox with work bench on top, lights, etc. Soon we'll put a cabinet and tire rack in... It's also got swinging doors... Like to build a drop down gate for it.

Str8Wicked
02-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Ha! I'll be sure to put springs on the bed

Now your ont he right track.... lol

Razorback
02-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by MX26
Scott, how many quads are you going to be hauling? If it's just your 416, you can afford the room to make it really nice. We have a 6x16 and haul 3 quads in it, so we're cramped for space. We've got a roll away toolbox with work bench on top, lights, etc. Soon we'll put a cabinet and tire rack in... It's also got swinging doors... Like to build a drop down gate for it.

Yeah, for the most part, I'll just be hauling my quad. It's the big stuff I'm worried about utilizing space efficiently. For example, a generator, canopy, two of the big gas jugs, water jugs, gear bag, etc. Most of this stuff will have to take up floor space.

This trailer has swinging doors, too. I'd like to build a fold-down gate, but for now, I've got my folding ramp and it hangs on the wall nicely, so it's not taking up much space. I wanted to do one big tire rack like you're talking about, but for now, I got some sturdy hangers and have the tires on those hangers flat against the wall with straps across them to keep them secure.

Jeeez, 6x16 with 3 quads would leave you cramped :)

MX26
02-13-2003, 11:35 AM
That dang Cannondale...

OCCRA288
02-13-2003, 03:01 PM
WE can haul 5 quads in my 20 footer but we have lots of cabinetry in the front. WE're gonna hook up a shower in the trailer soon. WE can fit 1 Warrior beside 1 250EX then we put 2 400's and 1 300ex sideways. Our trailer has 4 fold out beds. two of them being Bunk beds, WE have 1 foldup table that lays flat on the wall while in tow. WE have a small Rolling Sears Tool box with a little workspace on top. and a little bitty portapot. WE installed an A/c and Heater combo that is really awesome. I'll get pics of it when I get it back from the shop.

tants
02-13-2003, 04:37 PM
get a black and white checkerboard floor

krazykurtk
02-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Some things I've seen and plan on building when my enclosed trailer arrives are:
1. tire rack up high down one whole side of the trailer
2. the fold down bed as mentioned earlier
3. round race gas jug holder that mounts on the wall
4. spray can holder
5. air curtain like in warehouses for when the A/C is on and the rear ramp can still be down.
6. screen door for the side door
7. install more 12V lights and deep cell battery so that the generator doesn't have to be running all the time
8. get a power inverter for small AC items like charging video cameras, etc
9. pockets to hold chairs and canopy so they don't slide everywhere.
10. whips, chains, handcuff holder next to fold down bed to compliment the stripper pole ( :

MX26
02-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Definately gonna have to spend some time in kurt's trailer ;)

Razorback
02-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by MX26
Definately gonna have to spend some time in kurt's trailer ;)

There might be a cover charge :eek: