PDA

View Full Version : Feedback requested please

JayJohnson
12-17-2010, 08:55 AM
I know it will be hard to get a non biased response being this is the Yamaha forum. That being said I havent been in the quad market since 2003 when I sold my Banshee's when we moved away from the northwest and I wasnt going to hitting any dunes anymore.

We just recently moved back to the northwest so we are looking to get quads for the family again. Boy has the market changed since then it used to be buy a banshee or get an older TRX 250r and build it. I used to race motocross on a dirt bike when I was younger and kept my quads for the sand. I cant wait to start hitting the dunes this spring and also wouldnt mind hitting the track on a quad also.

So my question is this. I have read all the reveiws on all the 450's for well pretty much all of them. I have narrowed my choices down to the Yamaha,Outlaw and LTR. How does the YFZR truely stack up? I know a rider can make any decent machine better but I am refering to each machine themselves.

Has anybody ridden at least 2 of the 3 I mentioned and can give some feedback. Most of the reviews dont have clear cut winners more so each excel in different areas.

Now I am by no means a pro racer but I do like a quality machine. With so many choices I am sure I really cant go wrong I was just curious from first hand experiences and what makes the YFZR stand out from the rest pros or cons. There are alot of good deals going on with older 09 models sitting with dealers wanting to move them.

Anyway thanks in advance for the feedback I cant wait to get back out there.

JayJohnson
12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
No one has any feedback not even "They rock dont buy anything else".

Thanks in advance.

400grl
12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
I get to test/ride a lot of different machines, and I have been on two of those models. I'd say get an 09 YFZR if they are on sale near you - from the box, it's an amazing quad. You shouldn't have to do anything to it other than throw on some nerf bars, mabye a stabilizer and a pipe/ECU - and you have yourself not only a great duner, but also a great handling quad on the track. I am about 135lbs, and I have just raced with the stock suspension set all the way soft.....never had a need to buy aftermarket (for once!). The YFZR is very comfortable ergonomically, the EFI is nice if you ride in different areas, and I also believe in the quality of Yamaha's machines, so it's kind of a no-brainer for me.....

For some reason, the Yamaha ergos on all of their quads just feel totally comfortable to me. Other brands just don't feel as 'right'....the closest I ever go to any other quad feeling like a Yami was the KTM I tested a couple of years ago - felt very YFZ'ish. Everyone's different, of course - but I just always feel at home on the Yami's.

madsmokey12
12-23-2010, 05:48 PM
i was looking at alot of other Quads when i went to buy one i Really wanted a Banshee or Raptor 700. because i liked how they drove. but then i Drove a YFZ and i wouldn't Buy any other bike. they quick Bikes -sound Great- Very Soild. i like how they are wide and don't go on it's Side 2 Wheels when i do tight Turns like my blaster