PDA

View Full Version : Feedback requested please.

JayJohnson
12-17-2010, 08:50 AM
I know it will be hard to get a non biased response being this is the suzuki forum. That being said I havent been in the quad market since 2003 when I sold my Banshee's when we moved away from the northwest and I wasnt going to hitting any dunes anymore.

We just recently moved back to the northwest so we are looking to get quads for the family again. Boy has the market changed since then it used to be buy a banshee or get an older TRX 250r and build it. I used to race motocross on a dirt bike when I was younger and kept my quads for the sand. I cant wait to start hitting the dunes this spring and also wouldnt mind hitting the track on a quad also.

So my question is this. I have read all the reveiws on all the 450's for well pretty much all of them. I have narrowed my choices down to the Yamaha,Outlaw and LTR. How does the LTR truely stack up? I know a rider can make any decent machine better but I am refering to each machine themselves.

Has anybody ridden at least 2 of the 3 I mentioned and can give some feedback. Most of the reviews dont have clear cut winners more so each excel in different areas.

Now I am by no means a pro racer but I do like a quality machine. With so many choices I am sure I really cant go wrong I was just curious from first hand experiences and what makes the LTR stand out from the rest pros or cons. There are alot of good deals going on with older 09 models sitting with dealers wanting to move them.

Anyway thanks in advance for the feedback I cant wait to get back out there.

bigbad400
12-17-2010, 11:03 AM
i rode them all. for the guy who wants a quality machine then the zuki is def your beast. yamaha is like the last thing to ask me about... ill just tell u there junk. they are small feeling. not sure how to explain it but feels like im on a toy. the outlaw is a beast too but the aftermarkets dont support it near as well as zuki. go with the ltr. u wont be disappointed.

jmanltr450
12-18-2010, 01:06 PM
i have an 08ltr 450 and i love it! my sister has a 2006 yfz450 and it does feel small. it seems like it is shorter and def narrower. if i were to buy a new quad id go with an ltr for sure. wider is def better and with three easy adjustments for power its a no brainer. air box lid off, cherry bomb and exhaust and they will rip. try to find a dealership that will let u ride the quads this is what i did before i bought mine. where do u ride at in the northwest? im guessing the oregon dunes. i love them! Good luck and enjoy the dunes!

JayJohnson
12-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I am truely torn. The YFZ450R and the LTR450 both look like killer machines. I will definately try and get a chance to ride some before I make the purchase. My neighbor down the street has an 09 YFZ450R he had it out during the last bit of snow we had. Maybe I will see if he will let me take it for a spin. We just moved here so I dont really know him to well not sure he would let me ride it haha.

Hope there are some good deals in a month or so I can take advantage of.

RATPACK Z400
12-20-2010, 11:20 AM
those yfz450,s are first yr design ,IMO id wait on that quad and get quad thats proven like the suzuki the new yami has new alum/metal mix frame new designed motor I from past experience with yami wouldn,t buy new yami better off with older version. but then it wouldn,t be 50 in wide !Suzuki is king of the 450,s now !every pro thats rode it has had better season then the other brands IMO. Creamer, wimmer both off rode other quads ,first yr on suzuki wins championship. quads handling/power has alot to do with it.

motochamp250
12-20-2010, 11:49 AM
the factory suzuki race team has a lot to do with them as well not just the bike... the top 10 or so pros are so fast they could win on anything.. who is behind them working on and setting up the bikes makes the biggest difference.... i've never rode an ltr but i hear they handle quite well. i have rode a yfz quite a bit. it was an older model but it definitely liked to be revved and handling was good with walsh and pep setup haha and jumping was quite fun. i agree with whats posted above try and ride both and get whatever is most comfortable. each machine has their own tweaks and problems so get whatever you are most comfortable on

good luck and happy buying and merry christmas

hunter