PDA

View Full Version : skis on my ex

bergoff
12-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I know that this has been done but I wanted to show mine. Beags86 built them they are strong as heck. I installed a bolt with rubber washers through the rotor that will stop them from rotating forward to far so when i pull a wheelie they don't flip. It handles decent I was only playing in the yard and ramping the snow bank with them. We have about 6 inches of snow and I had no problems making it anywhere. In a few days I will test them better when I go to the farm and get out of 2nd gear. :)

http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/bergoff/400ex/

BlasterEaten250
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
That looks very nice! I was very close to doing that also but in the end I just broke down and bought a snowmobile :p Just fyi if you are very serious about riding in the snow, those mudsharks work good and throw a good roost, but the nothing can touch the maxxis 4-snows. I've used both and the 4-snows have much better acceleration and braking traction. They just don't dig into the snow as much so no major roostage :(

426kidz
12-17-2010, 08:10 AM
you should make a video. That looks sweet but I would like too see its moving. Very nice!:D

bergoff
12-17-2010, 08:20 AM
I bought the mudsharks from pipeless last year. They do work good but maxxis snow tires are way better. I had a set on a 250ex many years ago I used them year round they were great.

I just got a flip video camera so I will try to get a video. It wont be for awhile. Maybe 3 weeks or so.

Pipeless416
12-17-2010, 10:16 AM
haha the mudsharks you have are the ones that blaster has used. he's my brother :p

orbidal
12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I put a ski on an honda atc 110 a long while back, it was interesting, didnt steer very well.

bergoff
12-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
haha the mudsharks you have are the ones that blaster has used. he's my brother :p

Thats what I thought.

It steers very well except on pavement. But I knew it wouldn't.

beags86
12-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by bergoff
I know that this has been done but I wanted to show mine. Beags86 built them they are strong as heck. I installed a bolt with rubber washers through the rotor that will stop them from rotating forward to far so when i pull a wheelie they don't flip. It handles decent I was only playing in the yard and ramping the snow bank with them. We have about 6 inches of snow and I had no problems making it anywhere. In a few days I will test them better when I go to the farm and get out of 2nd gear. :)

http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx83/bergoff/400ex/

hey, hey, hey, lookin good there bud..good that you like them and they are getting some use... beagles house of fab strikes again...lol

now...
when you going to get a set of mattracks for the rear??

beags86
12-17-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.ktracks.com/

bergoff
12-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by beags86
http://www.ktracks.com/

I wish but I only ride 3 times a year so that might not work out. :)

honda400ex2003
12-20-2010, 05:32 PM
looks good bergoff! I have thought about doing that before but dont ride the 400 enough in the winter to make it worth while. lol Ill just take the sled out instead. make sure you take a vid of it when you try it out. id like to find out how it floats with them on it. some nice paddles would be cool too. lol :D steve

beags86
12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
i used a 8 paddle tire on the back of mine..dug like no other but didn't float on the snow extremely well... i was thinking about mounting up my duals i had for the back of my trx200sx (when i was a kid) next to the paddles but i was didn't want to go though the same problems the dual tires had created on the back of the sx.(throws the chain alot- to much stress).

wasn't really interested in messing up a good chain and sprocket on the my 400.

now i sold the skis to bergoff so he can pull his kids around the yard so i can't test it out...unless.... hey bergoff, you want to buy some dual rear tires and hubs for a 400ex??

bergoff
12-21-2010, 07:29 PM
No sorry beags not interested. I wouldn't be able to fit between my garage and deck with them installed. I only have 2 inches on each side now. I went out last night a pulled the kids all over the place and it went great. We had about 8 inches plus. I can't wait to get out a give it a real test and get out of 2nd gear.